Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I haven’t actually ridden TBA so take this with a grain of salt, but Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, with its mix of dense detailed sets, practical effects, and tasteful projections (not to mention its range of moods, from joyous to spooky to romantic and triumphant), feels more elaborate than Tiana’s Bayou “Adventure,” which looks to have a lot of dead space, minimal set design, one single mood, and repetitive effects. The queue and facade on Tiana’s are obviously much more elaborate than Snow White’s, but in terms of comparing the actual rides, Tiana’s seems less dynamic.

Brer Oswald

I haven’t actually ridden TBA so take this with a grain of salt, but Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, with its mix of dense detailed sets, practical effects, and tasteful projections (not to mention its range of moods, from joyous to spooky to romantic and triumphant), feels more elaborate than Tiana’s Bayou “Adventure,” which looks to have a lot of dead space, minimal set design, one single mood, and repetitive effects. The queue and facade on Tiana’s are obviously much more elaborate than Snow White’s, but in terms of comparing the actual rides, Tiana’s seems less dynamic.
Snow White’s Enchanted Wish is a much better ride. I was very critical about it before I rode it (especially the name change). Not only do most of the new effects work, but they are also an outright improvement to the prior version of the attraction. I say most because the crappy twinkling lights embedded into the foliage at the end of that attraction almost takes me out of the experience, but it’s mostly a minor qualm.

How ironic that TBA uses this same effect all throughout the Bayou scenes! And if you found it awkward for Snow White, you better believe it’s downright embarrassing in this attraction. This was their idea of an adequate replacement for lavishly detailed sets and animatronics. Twinkly lights that they probably purchased at Lowe’s or Home Depot.

Disney Analyst

Snow White’s Enchanted Wish is a much better ride. I was very critical about it before I rode it (especially the name change). Not only do most of the new effects work, but they are also an outright improvement to the prior version of the attraction. I say most because the crappy twinkling lights embedded into the foliage at the end of that attraction almost takes me out of the experience, but it’s mostly a minor qualm.

How ironic that TBA uses this same effect all throughout the Bayou scenes! And if you found it awkward for Snow White, you better believe it’s downright embarrassing in this attraction. This was their idea of an adequate replacement for lavishly detailed sets and animatronics. Twinkly lights that they probably purchased at Lowe’s or Home Depot.

I love loved the updated Snow White, and loved all the lighting 🥺🥺

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Lari's been installed . I'm sure he'll be more useful on this version of Bayou, right?!
image-17.png

Mr. Sullivan

Obviously this whole Bayou Country thing makes you wonder how long Pooh is for this world but would they get rid of the merch seller that is Pooh? With that said does Pooh really need a ride to sell merch? Probably no more than Mickey did. Maybe the whole area gets reconfigured when they build a path to DL Forward and it becomes a Galaxies Edge attraction? Then you have what others have been saying - apparently part of Zootopia 2 takes place on a bayou. 😫
Honestly, I think they actually SHOULD close this version of Pooh and relocate it. It doesn’t fit where it is (never did) but even more so if that is going to become the entrance point to the DL half of DLF as it is rumored to. Get rid of it, build the Honey Hunt version somewhere else. In a very rare Disneyland L, this (at least to me) is the worst version of the Pooh rides and it’s become even more incongruous with where it is over time.

mickEblu

Honestly, I think they actually SHOULD close this version of Pooh and relocate it. It doesn’t fit where it is (never did) but even more so if that is going to become the entrance point to the DL half of DLF as it is rumored to. Get rid of it, build the Honey Hunt version somewhere else. In a very rare Disneyland L, this (at least to me) is the worst version of the Pooh rides and it’s become even more incongruous with where it is over time.

We re actually talking about the fate of Pooh on the Avengers thread. I think the odds are that it becomes part of GE.

Ghost93

I would agree about Snow White being better simply because it has a stronger story and a wider range of emotions. This could be easily fixed on Tiana's Bayou Adventure, but I see them keeping the stupid "find the critters" story without any type of conflict or danger.

Professortango1

I would agree about Snow White being better simply because it has a stronger story and a wider range of emotions. This could be easily fixed on Tiana's Bayou Adventure, but I see them keeping the stupid "find the critters" story without any type of conflict or danger.
I mean, they actively made Snow White worse than it was before. Sure, it's better than TBA, but the creative team who didn't understand how to update Snow White isn't who I'd put on my Fantasy Imagineering draft.

Ghost93

I love the new scenes they added to Snow White. I wish we didn't lose the scenes we had from the previous version, but that could have only been fixed if they shut down the ride for a long period of time and extended the entire building.

Professortango1

I love the new scenes they added to Snow White. I wish we didn't lose the scenes we had from the previous version, but that could have only been fixed if they shut down the ride for a long period of time and extended the entire building.
The tonal whiplash drives me crazy. The older ride had the happy scene the opening joy juxtaposed with the image of the Queen watching and even in the mines, we don't revert to joy. There's a sense of dread that builds until we are running for our life from the Hag, until she is killed and our adventure ends.

Now you get the opening joy, Queen watching followed immediately by the dwarves crossing the log and seeing them in a more whimsical version of the mine scene. Then the scary Witch scene followed by the quickest death or her, a random mirror under a bridge showing us movie footage, then two drawn out scenes of romance that had never been introduced in the ride.

If the ride was about her wish....why don't we see her wishing at the well? Why keep the death of the Witch? Why visit the mines? It should have been wishing scene with Queen overlooking, fleeing into forest, Silly Song, apple moment, then Prince. While it wouldn't have been as exciting as the previous attraction, it would at least been coherent.

But modern Imagineering doesn't know storytelling via an attraction. They rely on paper-thin excuses to see beloved characters (you're visiting Elsa on a snow day, you're helping Tiana find musicians) and then they just show unconnected vignettes that don't have any sense of progression or place.

Ice Gator

Lari's been installed . I'm sure he'll be more useful on this version of Bayou, right?!
View attachment 813901
It’s still so sad to me how much they went out of their way to emphasize how Lari is such a clever sight gag and the character plays a big role in the ride’s story. It’s like they felt they outdid themselves with their placement of a few statues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom