Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Looks like all the scaffolding is off the mountain and mill now. Thankfully no tacky banner on the mill yet
Screenshot_2024-09-06_6.17.06_PM.png
Screenshot_2024-09-06_6.17.21_PM.png

mickEblu

Maybe they'll start playing the queue music relatively soon.

I’m confused by this. What happened to hiding speakers in rock work and such? Is this part of the theming? They put up all those poles to just to put big speakers up there. Maybe there will be some sort of shade structure attached

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m confused by this. What happened to hiding speakers in rock work and such? Is this part of the theming? They put up all those poles to just to put big speakers up there. Maybe there will be some sort of shade structure attached
They are also for queue lighting, not just for speakers. The queue is suppose to have a radio station playing music throughout, MK has similar light poles with speakers. Ours are just themed to look like wooden poles whereas MK looks like metal poles.

There has been an assumption that it'll have shade attached to the poles as well.

mickEblu

They are also for queue lighting, not just for speakers. The queue is suppose to have a radio station playing music throughout, MK has similar light poles with speakers. Ours are just themed to look like wooden poles whereas MK looks like metal poles.

There has been an assumption that it'll have shade attached to the poles as well.

I see. Without a shade structure it doesn’t make a ton of sense to me.

Jedi14

The speakers look like gramophones or radio speakers from the 1920s. Since the queue music is coming from a radio show, it fits the theming.

mickEblu

It makes sense in the terms of the theming in the queue to me, shade structure or not.

Without the shade I don’t know if it’s worth putting up
so many of those not so aesthetically pleasing poles in such a small vicinity. So is this how people listened to music back in the 20’s and 30’s in outdoor spaces? Really asking. Just wondering why their would be a cluster of those speakers on poles right outside the Co-op or whatever it’s supposed to be.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It was mentioned in a reply to this tweet that they seem to be keeping more of the mountain’s exterior looking like Splash Mountain compared to WDW’s version, which I like and think is interesting.

Yeah I brought this up a couple months ago here. I think that’s simply because there are features like the “cobblestones” on DL’s Splash Mountain that didn’t exist on MK’s version and they re worth accentuating instead of covering them up with faux greenery.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
so many of those not so aesthetically pleasing poles in such a small vicinity. So is this how people listened to music back in the 20’s and 30’s in outdoor spaces? Really asking. Just wondering why their would be a cluster of those speakers on poles right outside the Co-op or whatever it’s supposed to be.
Are you asking if they had poles with similar speakers out in public venues in the 20s and 30s? I would say the answer is yes, as public address systems existed back then for town squares and such and would certainly play music.

As for if they would be clustered together in such as small space, I can't answer that. But I have to assume its done for a reason here in the queue.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here is an example of what looks to be a similar type system that they are evoking from around the same time period -

1912crn3.jpg

And in the image the speakers are strung fairly closely together on the poles.

mickEblu

Here is an example of what looks to be a similar type system that they are evoking from around the same time period -

1912crn3.jpg

And in the image the speakers are strung fairly closely together on the poles.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Still don’t think it’s aesthetically pleasing as currently constructed nor does it really jive with the “bayou” or Critter Country setting. Usually the kind of detail I’d be willing to overlook (if aesthetically pleasant) but when you write a ton of blog posts talking about authentic weathervanes, drum sets and hot combs to give Tiana’s AA authentic hair you kind of open yourself up to criticism.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Still don’t think it’s aesthetically pleasing as currently constructed nor does it really jive with the “bayou” or Critter Country setting. Usually the kind of detail I’d be willing to overlook (if aesthetically pleasant) but when you write a ton of blog posts talking about authentic weathervanes, drum sets and hot combs to give Tiana’s AA authentic hair you kind of open yourself up to criticism.
If it was the metal poles like MK I would more agree, but they are wood so they fit the surrounding area in my opinion.

Also having lived in a small town 40 years ago that had similar type speakers up lining the main streets of town, it gives me the small town vibes that I would think Tiana's Foods would have around its facility.

mickEblu

If it was the metal poles like MK I would more agree, but they are wood so they fit the surrounding area in my opinion.

Also having lived in a small town 40 years ago that had similar type speakers up lining the main streets of town, it gives me the small town vibes that I would think Tiana's Foods would have around its facility.

The fact there wooden poles definitely helps. I don’t like how many of them there are in such a tight area. But maybe they re not done yet. Maybe some sort of awning would help change the look.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
But honestly...has there ever been a more elaborate Princess ride? Maybe Frozen Ever After and the Asian parks BATB and Frozen come close, but for Princesses to be such a huge franchise and not have very elaborate attractions, this is a big thing.
Except she's not a princess in this ride, she's Dora the Explorer.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
As much as I don't care for the story of the attraction, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out looking (minus the tiara) and am glad it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Brer Oswald

But honestly...has there ever been a more elaborate Princess ride? Maybe Frozen Ever After and the Asian parks BATB and Frozen come close, but for Princesses to be such a huge franchise and not have very elaborate attractions, this is a big thing.
Elaborate in what sense? In terms of what the attraction inherited from its predecessor? Maybe. Elaborate in terms of what they actually created specifically for this version? Absolutely not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom