Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Ghost93

Oh I didn't realize Lari was an actual character. Thought he was meant to be a statue or a decoration.

He looks rather sinister. Maybe they can revise the plot of the ride to make Lari the main antagonist.

Ice Gator

Oh I didn't realize Lari was an actual character. Thought he was meant to be a statue or a decoration.

He looks rather sinister. Maybe they can revise the plot of the ride to make Lari the main antagonist.
All they say is “he’s a cynical trickster who likes to steal things but he turns them into instruments for the band” or something. I guess that’s something you’re supposed to pay attention to on the ride. I agree he looks kind of mean.

mickEblu

I like this guy. If TBA was mostly comprised of characters like this guy, just chilling and playing music as you float by, with most of the cringy “story” removed, the ride would be exponentially better.

Agreed. I’ve always liked the frog scenes more than the scenes that preceded it but I never made the connection that this was part of the reason why. I attributed most of it to the frog designs, music and energy. I also think all Rays fireflies friends
flying behind the bottles and being magnified works quite well.

mickEblu

Take Me Along Gator was my favourite. But also loved that porcupine getting down on that turtle shell. And the cultures. So many iconic characters.

So many. So many that I never really thought about which was a favorite because they were all great. Because I’m a music/ sound guy I really enjoyed the porcupines singing. So much is wrong with TBA i find that one thing that gets lost in the shuffle is just what a downgrade the music and sound design is from Splash.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Agreed. I’ve always liked the frog scenes more than the scenes that preceded it but I never made the connection that this was part of the reason why. I attributed most of it to the frog designs, music and energy. I also think all Rays fireflies friends

Admittedly Mondo is the only frog I like. The others seem much lower-effort, with less personality (and no real movement, just rocking back and forth). At the very least, Mondo is (kind of) playing the bongos.

The firefly screens look pretty questionable in the POVs, IMO.

But again, all my opinions are based on POVs of MK’s version, so they’re not worth all that much. Disneyland’s version is the only version that matters (to me), and I’ll have to reserve judgment on which scenes and characters “work” until I actually ride.

Ice Gator

I agree! Something I like about TBA is the frog/dig a little deeper scene (minus Godzilla Louis and Tiana on screen)- it’s colorful with the neon paint, the jumping water is cool, and the music makes the scene feel lively. The finale is also impressive when it’s working properly. It irritates me because there are glimpses of a good ride in here but they dropped the ball hard when it came to agreeing upon a cohesive storyline,

mickEblu

Admittedly Mondo is the only frog I like. The others seem much lower-effort, with less personality (and no real movement, just rocking back and forth). At the very least, Mondo is (kind of) playing the bongos.

The firefly screens look pretty questionable in the POVs, IMO.

But again, all my opinions are based on POVs of MK’s version, so they’re not worth all that much. Disneyland’s version is the only version that matters (to me), and I’ll have to reserve judgment on which scenes and characters “work” until I actually ride.

Yeah Mondo is the best of the bunch. I’ve never really given a close look at the rest. The scenes just kind of get a pass for me because what precedes them is so lousy. Not because I think they are great.

Hmmm I thought the fireflies worked. They came off 2D, looked like they did in the film (unlike any of the Tiana AAs or CocoMelon Tiana) and I liked the execution with how they get magnified when they pass behind that bottle. Theres some charm there that seems to be lacking mostly every where else. With that said I’m not super fond of the set dressing in those frog scenes. They kind of just miss the mark. First few times watching the POV it didn’t even really come across to me that we were shrunken down and looking at oversized items around the bayou.

As far as Disneylands version I’m not expecting any of the big changes the attraction really needs so whatever minor upgrades it might get doesn’t really excite me. The bun will still be stale and the burger will still be dry. Hard to care about what condiments they might put on but of course will be interesting to see what the differences are.

Figments Friend

Loving all the love for our boy Mondo!

IMG_4415.jpeg

Honestly, can we agree that he is the ONE positive take away from this project..?

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom