Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

CaptinEO

1724971593898.jpeg

This little guy is gone it appears from the videos.

The offensive bird from 2019 can finally stop terrorizing park visitors.

Ghost93

View attachment 812297

He kept landing on people's shoulders, which many guests and cast members found to be an invasion of personal space. When HR confronted Mr. Bluebird about the alleged behavior, he confessed "it's the truth."

Not shocked to see him eliminated from the park.

SuddenStorm

View attachment 812297

2019: Let's add the bluebird, a cute and charming cartoon character to this sign.

2020: It's offensive and needs to be removed asap.

It's incredible how quickly Disneyland changed their stance on Splash Mountain.

mickEblu

2019: Let's add the bluebird, a cute and charming cartoon character to this sign.

Disney has shown me over the last few years years that they are merely a group of people. A group of unorganized scattered people flying by the seat of their pants at that. In spite of this, due to their reputation over the better part of a century, I always find myself bending over backwards trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Let’s take the recent Critter Country name change as an example. They named Louis’ new store Critter Club to tie it in with the name of the land. They designed TBA to focus on finding the Critters because of the ride it was replacing and land it resides in (nothing to do with the PatF Story). They worked around the Critter Country sign for over a year during construction. The Mark Twains narration told us TBA was going into Critter Country. Then one morning someone walked into the office and said “tiAna RIdE tAkE PLAcE iN bAyOu. ReNaMe lAnD BAyoU” and the rest was history.

Now I’m not trying to use this example to say the sky is falling down but it’s recent and tells me something is broken over there right now. Leadership seems to be lacking. Even at WDI.

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

It's wild. And it's wild how so many "fans" turned against the attraction overnight.

Remember in 2019 when Disney started selling these cuties? At the time I thought it might be an indication Splash was safe. I mean, why start selling cute plushes for an attraction that the company will abandon within less than a year?

brers.jpeg

mickEblu

It's wild. And it's wild how so many "fans" turned against the attraction overnight.

Remember in 2019 when Disney started selling these cuties? At the time I thought it might be an indication Splash was safe. I mean, why start selling cute plushes for an attraction that the company will abandon within less than a year?

View attachment 812606

Mad I didn’t buy any of these. I had my eye on that Brer Bear as you just rarely ever saw any Splash merch. Felt weird at the time as a grown man to buy a stuffed animal. But that makes no sense. So if it’s plastic or resin it’s Ok? Lol. I guess it’s the “displaying it” part. Doesn’t really work on the book shelf with all the books and higher end collectibles.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney has shown me over the last few years years that they are merely a group of people. A group of unorganized scattered people flying by the seat of their pants at that. In spite of this, due to their reputation over the better part of a century, I always find myself bending over backwards trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Let’s take the recent Critter Country name change as an example. They named Louis’ new store Critter Club to tie it in with the name of the land. They designed TBA to focus on finding the Critters because of the ride it was replacing and land it resides in (nothing to do with the PatF Story). They worked around the Critter Country sign over a year during construction. The Mark Twains narration told us TBA was going into Critter Country. Then one morning someone walked into the office and said “tiAna RIdE tAkE PLAcE iN bAyOu. ReNaMe lAnD BAyoU” and the rest was history.

Now I’m not trying to use this example to say the sky is falling down but it’s recent and tells me something is broken over there right now. Leadership seems to be lacking. Even at WDI.
Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, and/or maybe its because I always thought the land name should be changed anyways, but I really don't think it was some last minute decision to change the name of the land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I can’t take you seriously anymore. Like officially.
Look my dude, I know all of this has been hitting you hard over the last couple years. But I really don't believe there is some conspiracy on this one. They didn't want to announce the land getting a name change until they were ready. And so just to have the narration say something they just left it saying Critter Country, I think its really that simple.

Even now it just reopened as Critter Country, even though its changing in 3 months.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
@mickEblu I'm willing to meet you half way here. Maybe the land renaming wasn't originally part of the project when announced. But that doesn't mean I think it was a last minute decision either. I have a feeling it came rather early on after the project started. The narration to me is still something that is easily explained by them not wanting to announce things ahead of time. Things like that happen all the time. The narration wasn't likely a WDI decision, that is more likely a Ops decision. First example of something similar that comes to mind is them replacing the carpet at Ellen's just a month before it shutdown for the retheme to GotG. Ops does things all the time that don't make sense looking at it from the outside.

Also just a point of courtesy, there is no reason to yell in all caps in your posts. We can disagree but we've both known each other a long time to show at least a little bit of courtesy to each other. :)

mickEblu

Bayou Country would be fine I guess if they spent the last few months turning the land into something resembling a bayou. But… they didn’t.

Lol and maybe if Winnie the Pooh wasn’t there. Bayou Country with not one Bayou. That’s ok though. I’d rather have the charming little creek by Pooh instead of a Bayou. TBA makes much more sense being in Critter Country (complete sense actually) than Pooh does being in Bayou Country. This move was done for the “ how can TBA not be in NOS” people or at least by people thinking along those terms but with this move they pleased almost no one. A skill they have been perfecting of late.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you for seeing my side. I’m sorry, considering everything I mentioned, I can’t see a scenario where “Bayou Country” was the plan the whole time. If I did, I would be honest and tell you that.
As you know for a long time I've said that a land rename made the most sense to me. So even if I can see your side, that is why I don't agree with your reasons.

jmuboy

There are so many terrible decisions at Disney parks these days ( Updated auction scene, closing WDW Rivers of America, the awful and tacky Pixar Pier make over, closing DCA Red Car Trolly, the awful and absolutely unimaginative “Adventure World” park name in Paris … and I could do on) ….. I am ACTUALLY ok with the Bayou Country name. It’s a nice adjacent land to NOS, the “bayou” portion is the actual TBA waterways with the old creek adding more atmosphere. No it’s not exactly like walking through Louisiana but it’s a decent adaptation. And yes Pooh is a bit out of place. But he always was!

In a perfect world a better name may have been CRITTER BAYOU - but that ship has sailed.

Brer Oswald

@mickEblu I'm willing to meet you half way here. Maybe the land renaming wasn't originally part of the project when announced. But that doesn't mean I think it was a last minute decision either. I have a feeling it came rather early on after the project started. The narration to me is still something that is easily explained by them not wanting to announce things ahead of time. Things like that happen all the time. The narration wasn't likely a WDI decision, that is more likely a Ops decision. First example of something similar that comes to mind is them replacing the carpet at Ellen's just a month before it shutdown for the retheme to GotG. Ops does things all the time that don't make sense looking at it from the outside.

Also just a point of courtesy, there is no reason to yell in all caps in your posts. We can disagree but we've both known each other a long time to show at least a little bit of courtesy to each other. :)
We’ve seen plenty of examples of right hand not talking to left.

There were rumours from credible sources prior to D23 about Magic Kingdom “redistricting” CBJ and TBA into a Florida version of Critter Country. A bunch of people pointed out that it made no sense given the “critter” name was specifically chosen due to its association with the Brer Rabbit stories. A few weeks later, D23 happened and we got the “Bayou Country” announcement.

Could be a coincidence, but how weird would it be for them to suddenly back out of the “critter” verbiage after they’ve used it so much already. “Critter Co-Op”, “Critter Club”, on the ride they say “those Critter’s can play!” nearly a dozen times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom