Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Could I see a future where this particular Pooh attraction is removed, yes. But not because it being renamed to Bayou Country, but rather because Disneyland deserves the Honey Hunt version.

I wasn’t insinuating that Pooh is being removed because they renamed the land. I’m saying that they might not have an issue renaming the land Bayou country because they know Pooh isn’t in the long term plans. I’d gladly take Hunny Hunt over the field.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wasn’t insinuating that Pooh is being removed because they renamed the land. I’m saying that they might not have an issue renaming the land Bayou country because they know Pooh isn’t in the long term plans. I’d gladly take Hunny Hunt over the field.
I know you're trying to make it make sense in your mind. But I really don't think whether Pooh was in long term plans for the land was even part of the decision to rename the land. They made the decision to rename based on the headliner of the land not the future of the sideline attraction, similar to how it was renamed when Splash was added.

mickEblu

I know you're trying to make it make sense in your mind. But I really don't think whether Pooh was in long term plans for the land was even part of the decision to rename the land. They made the decision to rename based on the headliner of the land not the future of the sideline attraction, similar to how it was renamed when Splash was added.

Probably not. It’s probably as simple as tiAna RIdE tAkE PLAcE iN bAyOu. ReNaMe lAnD BAyoU. Old imagineers were better at their job though and picked a name that worked for all current attractions in the land.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Probably not. It’s probably as simple as tiAna RIdE tAkE PLAcE iN bAyOu. ReNaMe lAnD BAyoU. Old imagineers were better at their job though and picked a name that worked for all current attractions in the land.
Well to be fair since there was only ever one rename of a land with existing attractions, Bear Country to Critter Country, we don't have a lot of examples to go on there. :)

Even then Pooh still stuck out, he would have fit better in Bear Country. But its something we're used to so we never really questioned it too much until now.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Bulldoze the Fantasyland Theatre and put a plussed-up Pooh ride in its place (Hunny Hunt fits, according to Google Maps). Pooh has always belonged in Fantasyland, not out in the wilderness.

Lots of options for the plot in Bayou Country. Gateway to Disneyland Forward, Country Bear Musical Jamboree, Star Wars Dagobah System C/D-ticket boat ride, Song of the South dark ride, Indian Village redux, whatever. It’s actually a decent-sized space, especially if they expand backstage.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Bulldoze the Fantasyland Theatre and put a plussed-up Pooh ride in its place (Hunny Hunt fits, according to Google Maps). Pooh has always belonged in Fantasyland, not out in the wilderness.

Lots of options for the plot in Bayou Country. Gateway to Disneyland Forward, Country Bear Musical Jamboree, Star Wars Dagobah System C/D-ticket boat ride, Song of the South dark ride, Indian Village redux, whatever. It’s actually a decent-sized space, especially if they expand backstage.
Agreed, or at the very least they could use the motor boat area if they wanted to keep the FL Theater for something else.

DarkMetroid567

Critter Country was simply a land that felt like a forested backwoods area inhabited by critters. Cozy and placid, with plenty of cute animal characters to discover. It was easy. Bayou is generic enough, but takes the cozy forested area and makes it into a bayou, which isn't as pleasant feeling for me and cinches the constraints on what fits in the land a little tighter. Especially if they are only drawing off IPs for all future developments.
Nah, I don’t really get this. Critter Country never felt like this imo. It won’t feel like the Bayou either, but I think a lot of the fondness for Critter Country is just 35+ year old inertia.

Professortango1

Nah, I don’t really get this. Critter Country never felt like this imo. It won’t feel like the Bayou either, but I think a lot of the fondness for Critter Country is just 35+ year old inertia.
That's what I got from the land, especially in the early days with Country Bear. It was a cute little subland.

I honestly don't think they are changing anything more than the name really. I doubt they are going to tear up the creek and turn it into a bog of standing water.

mickEblu

You don’t really get this? Lol what did he say that wasn’t a fact? Other than it being cozy which is more subjective.

mickEblu

Well to be fair since there was only ever one rename of a land with existing attractions, Bear Country to Critter Country, we don't have a lot of examples to go on there. :)

Even then Pooh still stuck out, he would have fit better in Bear Country. But its something we're used to so we never really questioned it too much until now.

Lol so how many examples of better land names would you like? The one is not enough? Man, you re too much sometimes. The one other time they renamed the land they did a better job he agrees but it’s only one example. Lol . I can’t.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol so how many examples of better land names would you like? The one is not enough? Man, you re too much sometimes. The one other time they renamed the land they did a better job he agrees but it’s only one example. Lol . I can’t.
Wait, where did I say the land name as renamed to Critter Country was better? I actually don't think that, as I said Pooh fit better in Bear Country. Its really only Splash that fit into Critter Country. So in my opinion they just renamed it to something that fit the headline attraction, just like they are doing here.

If they had renamed it from Bear Country to Bayou Country or some other name than Critter Country back in 1988 no one would've had two thoughts about it, it just would have been accepted.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
As tacky as it looks, at least Florida’s barn is tucked away behind the railroad. This is right across from Pooh and Hungry Bear.
IMG_4760.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom