Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
And there goes Critter Country. Still one of the most pointless changes in this whole Tiana-fication of that half of the park.
Screenshot_20240824-091136.png

mickEblu

Might as well put Tiana in New Orleans and make the other corner where country bear BBQ, Pooh and canoes are Bear Country again

This is a good idea. I was always against the thought of them expanding NOS to include TBA for the issues it creates in Critter Country proper but Bayou Country is even worse and makes no sense any level.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

And there goes Critter Country. Still one of the most pointless changes in this whole Tiana-fication of that half of the park.
I mean to be fair Critter Country never really made sense as a land to begin with.

It was slapped together for CBJ, then they had to rename it to make sense once Splash was going there. Then Pooh replaced CBJ which makes it even more confusing (was it inferring that Song of the South and Winnie the Pooh took place in the same universe?)

If they can spin Bayou Country as a sub land of NOS it actually works a lot better.

Professortango1

I mean to be fair Critter Country never really made sense as a land to begin with.

It was slapped together for CBJ, then they had to rename it to make sense once Splash was going there. Then Pooh replaced CBJ which makes it even more confusing (was it inferring that Song of the South and Winnie the Pooh took place in the same universe?)

If they can spin Bayou Country as a sub land of NOS it actually works a lot better.
A land doesn't have to be a shared universe. This is the problem with IP-based lands is that they are limiting vs a thematically linked land has more variables. Adventureland is immersive without having to be Indiana Jones Land. That enables Jungle Cruise to have its own flair, Tiki Room to exist, and interactive genies/shrunken heads to be in the themed gift shops.

Critter Country was simply a land that felt like a forested backwoods area inhabited by critters. Cozy and placid, with plenty of cute animal characters to discover. It was easy. Bayou is generic enough, but takes the cozy forested area and makes it into a bayou, which isn't as pleasant feeling for me and cinches the constraints on what fits in the land a little tighter. Especially if they are only drawing off IPs for all future developments.

mickEblu

Obviously this whole Bayou Country thing makes you wonder how long Pooh is for this world but would they get rid of the merch seller that is Pooh? With that said does Pooh really need a ride to sell merch? Probably no more than Mickey did. Maybe the whole area gets reconfigured when they build a path to DL Forward and it becomes a Galaxies Edge attraction? Then you have what others have been saying - apparently part of Zootopia 2 takes place on a bayou. 😫

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Obviously this whole Bayou Country thing makes you wonder how long Pooh is for this world but would they get rid of the merch seller that is Pooh? With that said does Pooh really need a ride to sell merch? Probably no more than Mickey did. Maybe the whole area gets reconfigured when they build a path to DL Forward and it becomes a Galaxies Edge attraction? Then you have what others have been saying - apparently part of Zootopia 2 takes place on a bayou. 😫
Could I see a future where this particular Pooh attraction is removed, yes. But not because it being renamed to Bayou Country, but rather because Disneyland deserves the Honey Hunt version. I still hold out hope we get it whether as a replacement of this attraction or a new version elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom