Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No it’s not but does put you in a little bit of a predicament when it comes to the story and riders expectations particular when that villain happens to be a fan favorite.
I’m not going to go back to this many years long argument with you. What is done is done. Personally I think it’s best to move on, but you do you.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I will never move on and my family has been instructed to include this topic on my headstone.

Here’s lies MickEblu.
He never got a coaster or Facilier
Now let us Pray
Well hopefully you’ll get your wish before the need for that headstone on both fronts with spots in DLForward and Villains Land.

mickEblu

Well hopefully you’ll get your wish before the need for that headstone on both fronts with spots in DLForward and Villains Land.

Thank you but Facilier needs to be part of TBA or he doesn’t count. But good point Maybe the next coaster to come to DLR is the Villains coaster? It has to be Star Wars or Marvel or Villains.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you but Facilier needs to be part of TBA or he doesn’t count. But good point Maybe the next coaster to come to DLR is the Villains coaster? It has to be Star Wars or Marvel or Villains.
I was more talking about Villains Land at MK, but who knows we may get one here too with DLForward.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Facillier was featured in the promo video for Villians Land, so they likely haven't discontinued him.
Shh shh shh...

The meme that Facilier is canceled is out there. Spreading. People are nodding their heads and accepting it as fact because it feels true. The very definition of 'truthiness.'

Don't spoil it with facts that Facilier is still used in the Halloween stage show. Or in the parade of villains in other attractions. Or, as you pointed out, for Villains Land. Or for Fortnight.

The continued and new uses of Facilier are facts which cannot pierce the veil of the truthiness that he's been cancelled.

Like Walt is cancelled.

Professortango1

How did a stuffed British teddy bear fit in with North American critters of The South previously?
Because the Disney version never felt all that British. It had a variety of accents for a variety of characters and Pooh himself never had a British accent. The only character I recall with a British accent was Owl, who then was Scottish for awhile when Craig Ferguson played him.

Professortango1

Shh shh shh...

The meme that Facilier is canceled is out there. Spreading. People are nodding their heads and accepting it as fact because it feels true. The very definition of 'truthiness.'

Don't spoil it with facts that Facilier is still used in the Halloween stage show. Or in the parade of villains in other attractions. Or, as you pointed out, for Villains Land. Or for Fortnight.

The continued and new uses of Facilier are facts which cannot pierce the veil of the truthiness that he's been cancelled.

Like Walt is cancelled.
Disney is aware of the Facilier problem, but "luckily" the people being harmed by demonization of "Voodoo" are niche and underrepresented, so they are feeling safer about the racist character.

mickEblu

Shh shh shh...

Like Walt is cancelled.

The difference I would say is those things can be swapped out over night for little to no cost where as a state of the art Facilier AA and a story/ show scenes built around the character cannot. Granted, I think they could have got away with just playing the song and casting some shadow projections on the lift hill tunnel walls but that’s neither here nor there.

LittleBuford

Because the Disney version never felt all that British. It had a variety of accents for a variety of characters and Pooh himself never had a British accent. The only character I recall with a British accent was Owl, who then was Scottish for awhile when Craig Ferguson played him.
A Scottish accent would still have counted as British, but Ferguson didn’t play him with one anyway; he used so-called Received Pronunciation (basically a posh Southern English accent).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The difference I would say is those things can be swapped out over night for little to no cost where as a state of the art Facilier AA and a story/ show scenes built around the character cannot. Granted, I think they could have got away with just playing the song and casting some shadow projections on the lift hill tunnel walls but that’s neither here nor there.
We don't know how he will be represented in Villains Land at MK, he may have a AA right there along with the other Villains.

The point being made is Disney is not actually shying away from the character as was claimed even if he isn't represented in the Tiana attraction as you would like.

Professortango1

We don't know how he will be represented in Villains Land at MK, he may have a AA right there along with the other Villains.

The point being made is Disney is not actually shying away from the character as was claimed even if he isn't represented in the Tiana attraction as you would like.
I think its important to look at when rides were moved into development. TBA was htting the ground in the midst of social justice reform and a spotlight on how the media portrays people of color. 4 years later and that focus has softened and moved. TBA was designed with so many trips to NOLA and trying to be "authentic" and working with local artists. I'm certain that is not happening with Villains Land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think its important to look at when rides were moved into development. TBA was htting the ground in the midst of social justice reform and a spotlight on how the media portrays people of color. 4 years later and that focus has softened and moved. TBA was designed with so many trips to NOLA and trying to be "authentic" and working with local artists. I'm certain that is not happening with Villains Land.
He was literally part of the announcement of Villains Land. Sure anything is possible, but for now he appears to be front and center.

Professortango1

He was literally part of the announcement of Villains Land. Sure anything is possible, but for now he appears to be front and center.

I didn't see the panel, but from the video he's not front and center at all. He's part of the montage, but not even seen all that much in the montage. I only saw him once vs several apparencies by Jafar, Ursula, Queen/Hag, and Maleficent.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I didn't see the panel, but from the video he's not front and center at all. He's part of the montage, but not even seen all that much in the montage. I only saw him once vs several apparencies by Jafar, Ursula, Queen/Hag, and Maleficent.
If they were somehow trying to get rid of him they wouldn't have put him in the montage at all. So the fact he is there indicates that Disney is not actually trying to hide him away because he is "problematic".

We'll see when the land is built if he is represented or not.

Professortango1

If they were somehow trying to get rid of him they wouldn't have put him in the montage at all. So the fact he is there indicates that Disney is not actually trying to hide him away because he is "problematic".

We'll see when the land is built if he is represented or not.
One clip when showing off all of their iconic villains isn't exactly a roaring endorsement. And the clip wasn't him in his "Voodoo" look that people love.

From the land's concept art, I'd say we will see Maleficent, Ursula, Hades, and Evil Queen featured heavily with other characters being Easter Eggs.

And I still don't see him "front and center" as you stated.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
One clip when showing off all of their iconic villains isn't exactly a roaring endorsement. And the clip wasn't him in his "Voodoo" look that people love.

From the land's concept art, I'd say we will see Maleficent, Ursula, Hades, and Evil Queen featured heavily with other characters being Easter Eggs.

And I still don't see him "front and center" as you stated.
Since the concept art doesn't tell us much I'm not basing much opinion on what the land will include. So as I said we'll see, maybe he'll be featured and maybe he won't, we'll just have to wait.

As for "front and center" maybe I used the wrong term for you, to me him being included at all means they aren't hiding him away because he is "problematic" as was claimed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom