Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

croboy82

Oh no we will be there at the end of October til 2nd of November so we will miss it. Since we live in Europe we can only go every few years.

Maybe they‘ll open previews before.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Tiana's BAYOU Non Adventure going to BAYOU Country featuring Pine tree filled back woods, a rustic Country Bear themed eatery and Winnie the Pooh. Really odd decision. Critter Country name is all encompassing. For what? The name change accomplishes nothing.
It accomplishes in distancing the land even more from its past, which is the point.

Rich T

Not thrilled about the name change. Somehow, Pooh feels like it makes even less sense where it is than it did before.

All they had to do was nothing to the name. Nothing at all. But they couldn’t even do that. 😕
They should have just left it as “Bear Country” in the first place.

Bayou Pooh truly is ridiculous. Again, I vote to demolish MAoWtP and replace it with alligator bumper boats.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Maybe you guys will get a Door Coaster, too. This scene takes place in the south, possibly on the edge of a bayou with gators:

tumblr_lqc2jcryYk1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

mickEblu

I think its a bit more than that. But its not anything to argue over. Lets just move on.

Well I’ll go out on a limb and say there are more people think this name change is stupid than people that are traumatized by the name Critter Country. Man, what are we at 12 degrees of separation now? The generic name of the land that housed the ride that was based on the animated segments from SotS is a problem too? I actually don’t think that’s why they re changing it. Somebody thought it was a good idea to just nonsensically change the name of the land to make Tiana “fit better” at the expense of everything else in the land not making sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well I’ll go out on a limb and say there are more people think this name change is stupid than people that are traumatized by the name Critter Country. Man, what are we at 12 degrees of separation now? The generic name of the land that housed the ride that was based on the animated segments from SotS is a problem too? I actually don’t think that’s why they re changing it. Somebody thought it was a good idea to just nonsensically change the name of the land to make Tiana “fit better” at the expense of everything else in the land not making sense.
Go back and review this post -

Critter Country was specifically named after the Uncle Remus quote "where critters are closer to the folks and folks are closer to the critters" so this change is in line with the desire to scrub all SOTS references from the parks.

MoonRakerSCM

Cue people suddenly saying they cried every time they looked at a Dland map or walked into that section of the park.

It... it was horrible... my skin tingled... and I wept... truly wept.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just amazing that they replaced a “problematic” IP with an IP that has a “problematic” villain.
Single character from an IP is not the same as an entire IP. Also as I recall they have and continue to use said character in the Parks even if not on the attraction. So that says something about how Disney is not really thinking the character is “problematic”.

mickEblu

Single character from an IP is not the same as an entire IP. Also as I recall they have and continue to use said character in the Parks even if not on the attraction. So that says something about how Disney is not really thinking the character is “problematic”.

No it’s not but does put you in a little bit of a predicament when it comes to the story and riders expectations particularly when that villain happens to be a fan favorite.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom