Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'll settle for not having the elementary school mural on ours. Did I miss the yellow paint on the video though? Didn't see it.
I wouldn't call it yellow, more like they sanded down the door and the window. And looks to have replaced some wood as well.

The rest of the barn is still its old brownish/reddish color.

1721236822332.png

mickEblu

I wouldn't call it yellow, more like they sanded down the door and the window. And looks to have replaced some wood as well.

View attachment 801234

Right. Maybe the assumption is that it’s been sanded down to be repainted and people are assuming that color is yellow? I did see a yellow bucket on the ground somewhere. To be clear, I wouldn’t be Shocked if it ends up being Yellow. Was hoping for the best of course.

mickEblu

I always assumed that our TBA will be very similar to their TBA, especially since it was designed for Disneyland's and then applied to WDW's.

Yeah that’s logical. I was hoping that they’d leave it brown considering it’s in a really tight rustic themed corridor with Pooh right across the way.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

View attachment 801234
That's from the lower video that was posted on the 14th. The upper video taken yesterday shows the yellows and greens being painted in.

You can see the eaves and shutters are now green and above the window is yellow.

1721246164288.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That's from the lower video that was posted on the 14th. The upper video taken yesterday shows the yellows and greens being painted in.

You can see the eaves and shutters are now green and above the window is yellow.

View attachment 801337
Thanks, we'll see how it turns out. I wouldn't be surprised if the colors are slightly different from the WDW version just to have it blend better with the rest of the land.

Inspired Figment

It’s funny because all critters are hardly animatronics. They’re just static figures that rock back and forth.

Heck the finale critters are just exact clones of the ones we see earlier in the ride.

I’ve seen Christmas decorations at Costco that are more animated than them. Same goes for the little displays in the Main Street windows. Pathetic.
So.. umm.. little off topic but worth nothing regarding this topic.. collab between Home Depot & Universal Creative 👀. They’re legit bringing theme park quality AAs to your own home now. No joke. It’s genuinely surprising to me Disney hasn’t yet utilized it’s consumer products merger with parks & experiences to put out AAs and the like of this quality… just sayin’:

mickEblu

So.. umm.. little off topic but worth nothing regarding this topic.. collab between Home Depot & Universal Creative 👀. They’re legit bringing theme park quality AAs to your own home now. No joke. It’s genuinely surprising to me Disney hasn’t yet utilized it’s consumer products merger with parks & experiences to put out AAs and the like of this quality… just sayin’:

That looks better than 3/4 of the figures on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

mickEblu

My local Chuck E. Cheese in the 80’s had animatronics with more movement than these pathetic “musicians” rocking back and forth.

One would think that the America Sings musicians from 1974 would have been a low hurdle to clear.

It’s a complete embarrassment.

Seriously. How do these look better than most of the Critter figures from the ride? Just how budget friendly were those things? That Chucky has more articulation than the bears that rock back and forth. Haha

Epcot81Fan

Seriously. How do these look better than most of the Critter figures from the ride? Just how budget friendly were those things? That Chucky has more articulation than the bears that rock back and forth. Haha
And even more embarrassing, they are just duplicated in the finale - like the sad “dancing” turtle in the Little Mermaid ride.

Good lord, WDI has become such a complete joke…

mickEblu

And even more embarrassing, they are just duplicated in the finale - like the sad “dancing” turtle in the Little Mermaid ride.

Good lord, WDI has become such a complete joke…

It’s hard to fathom what they produced. How naive could they be to release that POV a month early. How inexperienced, tone deaf, naive, and out of touch are these people? They knew what the expectations were going to be considering what it replaced.

Epcot81Fan

It’s hard to fathom what they produced. How naive could they be to release that POV a month early MVR who the hell is working at this company right now? They knew what the expectations were going to be considering what it replaced.
They are so disconnected from reality that they thought this pre-school Disney Jr. “story” would be an acceptable replacement to one of the greatest theme park attractions in history.

These are the same people that gave us the “chicken and antique auction” in Pirates as an “upgrade”.

Once you accept they are clueless morons, it actually makes it easier to accept.

mickEblu

They are so disconnected from reality that they thought this pre-school Disney Jr. “story” would be an acceptable replacement to one of the greatest theme park attractions in history.

These are the same people that gave us the “chicken and antique auction” in Pirates as an “upgrade”.

Once you accept they are clueless morons, it actually makes it easier to accept.

Yeah somehow I forget or still want to give them the benefit of the doubt in between projects.

mickEblu

But it’s got to the point where I’ve lost nearly all interest in DL Forward. How excited can you get when you start to realize that most of their recent lands and attractions have been a mixed bag, lackluster or underwhelming? More importantly how excited can you get when those very people are actively destroying perfection across the west side of Disneyland? Magnolia Park, Splash Mountain and next up Haunted Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom