Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Epcot81Fan

Imagineering truly hasn’t been listening to us. Many of us expressed are disappoint with the Tiana’s foods sign in the ride at WDW:
View attachment 799619
They’ve installed an even bigger and more garish version at Disneyland:
View attachment 799620

Now this is just a slap in the face to all the park fans.
Is there still an idiotic giant tiara in the middle of Critter Country?

mickEblu

So we know at a certain point the story moved from the secret spice to the find the band storyline with the end result being a weird mashup of the two. Was Igers walk through what prompted the changes? Probably not. Louis and Tiana flailing their arms around repeating “they can play” would be a weird way to add excitement. But could it be that the middle two bands were added in the 11th hour (which is why they are so generic with limited articulation) and that those scenes were even more dull before? We had he concept art with the first band of small critters for a while. The frogs kind of work. It’s really the rocking Bear bands etc that are the most offensive. Regardless it’s pretty clear this project didn’t have any strong leadership and was designed by committee. It’s reminding me of Wish.

Rich T

One more comment about MK’s TBA:

One final thing I forgot to mention is the ride queue’s fictional radio station. I have mixed feelings about it…

Most of the tracks from the recent TBA music album seem to play in the initial queue areas via this pretend local New Orleans radio station, with a fictional DJ making comments about the citizenry and the happenings around town.

The music’s fine, and the actor doing the DJ voice sounds professional, but in my brief time in the area before and after riding TBA, I didn’t get any sense of fun or joy from it. It sounds too much like an ordinary radio station; even though the DJ refers to the movie/ride characters, the overall effect is very grounded and too low-key to the point where, for me, it actually felt like a live radio broadcast intruding on the area. It was a bit jarring.

I think all it needs is a little tweaking to add a bit more whimsy and fantasy to the atmosphere. Considering the great effect of the singing birds at the runoff area, I’m confident the sound team can improve the radio station while keeping the existing music and voice actor.

And if so, I hope DL’s TBA and Critter Country can benefit from any such reworking.

mickEblu

One more comment about MK’s TBA:

One final thing I forgot to mention is the ride queue’s fictional radio station. I have mixed feelings about it…

Most of the tracks from the recent TBA music album seem to play in the initial queue areas via this pretend local New Orleans radio station, with a fictional DJ making comments about the citizenry and the happenings around town.

The music’s fine, and the actor doing the DJ voice sounds professional, but in my brief time in the area before and after riding TBA, I didn’t get any sense of fun or joy from it. It sounds too much like an ordinary radio station; even though the DJ refers to the movie/ride characters, the overall effect is very grounded and too low-key to the point where, for me, it actually felt like a live radio broadcast intruding on the area. It was a bit jarring.

I think all it needs is a little tweaking to add a bit more whimsy and fantasy to the atmosphere. Considering the great effect of the singing birds at the runoff area, I’m confident the sound team can improve the radio station while keeping the existing music and voice actor.

And if so, I hope DL’s TBA and Critter Country can benefit from any such reworking.

Have you ever stopped to listen to the radio broadcast inside Oswald’s at DCA? It’s delightful

mickEblu

Yes! 😃 TBA’s radio broadcast needs more of this kind of fun. Right now at MK it just sounds like they’re playing a real Orlando station throughout the outdoor queue area. It doesn’t match MK’s vibe at all.

Yeah maybe having the radio show and queue more grounded in reality would have worked as the set up before a grand, whimsical adventure that unfolds after the first drop into the show building. Doesn’t sound like it’s accomplishing that contrast in tone. Which is another reason the Find the musical critter band storyline was probably DOA. So you’re hearing a realistic radio broadcast but also being sent to the bayou to find animals that play instruments?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Have you ever stopped to listen to the radio broadcast inside Oswald’s at DCA? It’s delightful
I rarely go in there, so I'll have to check that out next time I'm at the park.

Not to throw this thread off topic, but I'm trying to think of other areas of the parks that have radio stations. Is the Jungle Cruise queue music a radio station or just songs? I can't remember. I know Galaxy's Edge has a radio station that plays in a few places. Are there any others?

Avastindy

Not to throw this thread off topic, but I'm trying to think of other areas of the parks that have radio stations. Is the Jungle Cruise queue music a radio station or just songs? I can't remember. I know Galaxy's Edge has a radio station that plays in a few places. Are there any others?
Jungle Cruise's "AWOL Airwaves" was a mix of music and Announcements.
Then there was the 2nd iteration that was the "DBC Radio." Also just music and announcements.

Indiana Jones has their "Camp Radio," with music and some short news segments about the temple.

ToonTown has "W.A.C.K.Y. Radio", this one had mainly ads more so than music.

Grizzly River Run had "G.R.R. Radio" in their queue. This one was most like a real world radio, with full on store ads, music and town interviews.

Oswald's Gas Station has the last radio station that I know about, but haven't heard that one fully.

mickEblu

Jungle Cruise is not a radio station if I recall correctly. Just old times music from that era that kind of sounds like it’s coming through from an old record player. Other than Galaxies Edge I can think of any. Actually, in the Roger Rabbit queue do we not hear something on a radio broadcast? Not music but the news?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Jungle Cruise is not a radio station if I recall correctly. Just old times music from that era that kind of sounds like it’s coming through from an old record player. Other than Galaxies Edge I can think of any. Actually, in the Roger Rabbit queue do we not hear something on a radio broadcast? Not music but the news?
Jungle Cruise is a radio station, its one of my favorite queue's with music, depending on which iteration they had a radio announcer that tells puns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom