Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Part of me wonders if Disney just wants Tiana off their hands after the last 4 years and the nightmare that was WDW's version opening so they're just gunning straight ahead.

Yeah probably. They might be thinking that it cant get worse than the reaction from last month. Not only will DL's probably be slightly better better but nobody is really expecting them to change DL's version. I guess we can only hope it's something revisited by another team in a few years. Or like my bold prediction from a few years ago, the Halloween Ovelray ends up becoming the disguised catalyst / excuse for the change. Time tends to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
My main wonder about DL is if they've closed the holes in the upper How Do Ya Do scenes where you can see into the previous/upcoming scenes.
Screenshot_20240722_170723_YouTube.jpg

Especially the following spot, where you can see Br'er Rabbit/Turtle, the hitchhiking crocodile and are right over Br'er Bear's butt.
Screenshot_20240722_172651_YouTube.jpg

That means, if they're lining it up with WDW's scene placement, you'd hear: Either the Zydeco or Rara band, Tiana/Louis' dialogue, the more subdued Take You There, and Mama Odie yelling "Get tinyy!" At once.

mickEblu

My main wonder about DL is if they've closed the holes in the upper How Do Ya Do scenes where you can see into the previous/upcoming scenes.
View attachment 802840
Especially the following spot, where you can see Br'er Rabbit/Turtle, the hitchhiking crocodile and are right over Br'er Bear's butt.
View attachment 802841
That means, if they're lining it up with WDW's scene placement, you'd hear: Either the Zydeco or Rara band, Tiana/Louis' dialogue, the more subdued Take You There, and Mama Odie yelling "Get tinyy!" At once.

Sorry this post just reminded me of how bad this thing turned out. I don't think anyone foresaw it turning out THIS bad. Like I still thought they'd get the basics right ya know? I thought that it would be more imaginative even within the story I don't care for. More imaginative And clever in it's execution. I thought maybe there would be a pleasant surprise or two. And I thought that the tech upgrades would be a little more flawless. Things like oversized Tiana and Louis on a screen leave a lot to be desired. Lastly, I knew the lifthill would be underwhelming but never did I imagine it being as lackluster as it turned out.

mickEblu

Setting yourself up for disappointment...

As always. Haha. Although, unless they actually construct an area or enclose part of the building with the specific intent of placing that mural, I don't see where it would fit or work. That could be a WDW exclusive. I always hoped our barn wouldn't be yellow but thought it would be. I'm much more optimistic about the possibility of not getting the mural as we have a much different facade. Maybe they put a much smaller mural or some of that iconography where they can fit it? Then again who the heck cares? The ride will still be junk. I guess if I'm standing in the Pooh queue it would be nicer for it to be brown and just blend in with the rest of the land.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I don't think anyone foresaw it turning out THIS bad.

Not to pat myself on the back here but I'd like to think after four years of critical comments about the project, I 100% thought it was going to be this bad.

I knew Splash was a bona fide classic and a remnant of a bygone era in Imagineering.

I mean we all saw Pixar Pier, the new auction scene, the disjointed storytelling in Avengers Campus and Mission BO, and "You can't have conflict" Snow White's Enchanted Wish.

We knew it was going to be a disaster. I think some people just didn't want to believe it.

mickEblu

Ya know, I'm not a fan of MMRR either. Not a fan of the version of the characters used (should have been the old school animation style), not a fan of the giant empty rooms full of projections, and think that Disney has become a bit to over reliant on meta humor, especially in the queue. But I agree, it is better than Tiana or Spider Man Web Slingers.

But it's just sad. It'd be one thing if Tiana opened as a new ride and we could say 'oh yeah, that kinda sucks' and ignore it. But it replaced Splash. So it's a lousy ride that cost us an icon.

Right, MMRR just isn't the direction I would have liked to see them go but it still feels like it was made by professionals. TBA feels like it was made by amateurs and that is not something I could have ever predicted.

mickEblu

View attachment 802927
Four years ago, this piece of concept art gave me hope that perhaps this redo wouldn't be so bad at all.

I cant say it did the same for me at the time as this was the concept art released with the original announcement so I was angry but I can say now that I wish the ride felt like this piece of art. It captures the magic of the movie. Tiana looks like Tiana. They're not overdoing it with wordy purple banners and food murals.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I cant say it did the same for me at the time as this was the concept art released with the original announcement so I was angry but I can say now that I wish the ride felt like this piece of art. It captures the magic of the movie. Tiana looks like Tiana. They're not overdoing it with wordy purple banners and food murals.
I was one of those "optimists" at the time of the announcement. The concept art is gorgeous because it holds Mama Odie's treehouse at the top feeling like a WDI stroke of genius. Having that giant tree with hundreds of lights would seriously be that "cherry on the top" to the ice cream evening out the disproportionate shape of the original- But now they made it look like an atrocius un-architecturally resonant further-disproportionate load of dog water at the bottom of the barrel.

Tbh I would have been happy about the entire ride if they kept that element. It would also be gorgeous behind HM...

mickEblu

I was one of those "optimists" at the time of the announcement. The concept art is gorgeous because it holds Mama Odie's treehouse at the top feeling like a WDI stroke of genius. Having that giant tree with hundreds of lights would seriously be that "cherry on the top" to the ice cream evening out the disproportionate shape of the original- But now they made it look like an atrocius un-architecturally resonant further-disproportionate load of dog water at the bottom of the barrel.

Tbh I would have been happy about the entire ride if they kept that element. It would also be gorgeous behind HM...

For me the whole attraction would have to feel like this art.

Originally I was against the boat in the tree. I would have preferred the tree by itself. But I'd take the boat over what we have now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom