Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Where is a Canadian when you need one….

We need to have this translated at once…!

-
Google Translate has a wonderful feature of translating images, the image was fuzzy so a few words didn't translate properly, but you get the idea -

James_Rogers.png

CaptinEO

I read this website's review of this ride posted just above, and this part made me chuckle...

Remember how a Parks Blog upchuck of info back in the headier days of 2023 pre-opening mentioned that Tiana's dad would be mentioned in the queue pre-show to reflect on what it was like for him as a Black American in President Wilson's strictly segregated troops of World War I? Luckily, in 2024 they backtracked a bit from the DEI cringe and recrafted that story into one of more inclusive and unifying language celebrating all American veterans and the sacrifices they've made for generations to clean up European messes.

It turns out that story element is just a newspaper clipping on a wall, and.... the article is in French. 🇫🇷 🤣

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56677.jpg
I'm glad. It seemed like way too serious a topic for a log ride. The fact it's in French though is quite a surprise.

CaptinEO

7am drop lasted for 2.440 secs.
Friday 7am Drop Average: 24m -> 12m (-12m)

BG's 1-10 called at 7:55am as part of the initial wave.
From the WDW thread. Looks like this is another Rise Before Dawn lottery experience. Be inside the park before 7am for a CHANCE to go on the ride.

Or they could just let people wait in line who are willing. Never understood this system, it seems to punish those that would be willing to wait.

mickEblu

Why is it always all the rando generic animals riding the logs on all the merch and not Tiana and Louis. Odd choice. Are the people working on these attractions fans of the parks? It feels like they just don’t get it.

1882E2F3-4DC0-4926-A531-42F3B85D4070.jpeg

Why do we want these generic animals on the photo print?

9EA3DA2F-8EEA-4E0A-B98C-7BCF0857188F.jpeg

Consumer

Why is it always all the rando generic animals riding the logs on all the merch and not Tiana and Louis. Odd choice. Are the people working on these attractions fans of the parks? It feels like they just don’t get it.

View attachment 795410
If they advertise the new characters, they can sell merchandise of them. Frankly, Disney's big mistake with Splash Mountain was not merchandising the side characters. Where were all the plushies of the geese or the Swamp Boys?

mickEblu

If they advertise the new characters, they can sell merchandise of them. Frankly, Disney's big mistake with Splash Mountain was not merchandising the side characters. Where were all the plushies of the geese or the Swamp Boys?

I would have bought some swamp boy merch for sure but they were beautifully designed and had charm/ character. Not to mention had been around for nearly 50 years. But these characters? We have no emotional attachment to them. On day 1 they re giving all this attention to these generic looking animals on the merch?

Avastindy

View attachment 795410

View attachment 795411
That baby bear still gives me the creeps! Maybe it’s because I know he doesn’t blink in ride that I can’t unsee that!
But this weird push to drive consumer demand of these unknown critters is what really makes me upset. You can see where there true motives are.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 795410

View attachment 795411
Dunno...

Maybe you can tell me why the fox and bear are on the ride when they're not the ones on the big descent?

1719686966322.png

1719687061006.png

mickEblu

Dunno...

Maybe you can tell me why the fox and bear are on the ride when they're not the ones on the big descent?

View attachment 795465

View attachment 795466

lol you are making my point. They are so focused on some warped view of “story” that it’s manifested into the merch. People would rather see their favorite characters riding the ride on the merch. Not generic turtle and teddy bear just because it makes less sense than the main characters.

In other words modern WDI was made for you!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom