Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Figments Friend

Because ‘Splash Mountain’ was a great Attraction, and one of WEDs/WDIs best themed efforts.
A classic ‘right of passage’ experience that has wonderful scenery, characters, and music.

The music especially was a real highlight of the experience, and combined with a simple yet clever visual story brought the Attraction up to a higher level.
You left the area humming a tune.

It was great on so many levels.
And my boy Tony’s creation….with some friends of his….
🙂

So the Bayou has some big shoes to fill within those hallowed swamplands and underground caves.

-

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

No one is complaining that Remy, or RotR, or GotG, or any new rides don't have the new "Small World". Why are the expectations for Tiana so high??
1. People on this side of the board don't really follow/care much about WDW as a general rule. Many have either never been to WDW, or haven't been in a long time, so the number of people that post in the DL forum AND have experienced Ratatouille or Epcot GOTG is quite low (I did Rat in Paris. Not a fan). People have complained about Rise over here, even if it hasn't happened much in this particular thread. Also, Rat in Epcot replaced nothing, Epcot GOTG replaced an attraction that was definitely flawed, and ROTR at DL didn't directly replace anything anyone cared about. Tiana, well...
2. Splash was for many a sacred cow, either because of their affinity for the ride, its lead designer, or its status as one of the most iconic Disney attractions ever. That means that TBA has big shoes to fill, and whether or not it will be able to do so is very much in doubt for many over here.

Rich T

….Wish Upon A Star is a great anthem and should continue to be used for many generations to come.
It’s a sweet song, (questionable life lesson aside), but I do think it’s time for a change.

I’d like to see one of these songs become the new official park anthem:

Higitus Figitus
The Forest of No Return
Trashing the camp
Canine Crunchies
Lester’s Possum Park
Pineapple Princess
Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo

mickEblu

It’s a sweet song, (questionable life lesson aside), but I do think it’s time for a change.

Higitus Figitus
The Forest of No Return
Trashing the camp
Canine Crunchies
Lester’s Possum Park
Pineapple Princess
Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo

It’s pretty clear to me that Disneys new theme song should be “Lost in the Woods.”

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Higitus Figitus
The Forest of No Return
Trashing the camp
Canine Crunchies
Lester’s Possum Park
Pineapple Princess
Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo
And that is fine, still wasn’t the assignment here. If they want to create a new anthem for the Parks or the entire company let that be a separate assignment not tied to a specific attraction.

StarBright

1. People on this side of the board don't really follow/care much about WDW as a general rule. Many have either never been to WDW, or haven't been in a long time, so the number of people that post in the DL forum AND have experienced Ratatouille or Epcot GOTG is quite low (I did Rat in Paris. Not a fan). People have complained about Rise over here, even if it hasn't happened much in this particular thread. Also, Rat in Epcot replaced nothing, Epcot GOTG replaced an attraction that was definitely flawed, and ROTR at DL didn't directly replace anything anyone cared about. Tiana, well...
2. Splash was for many a sacred cow, either because of their affinity for the ride, its lead designer, or its status as one of the most iconic Disney attractions ever. That means that TBA has big shoes to fill, and whether or not it will be able to do so is very much in doubt for many over here.
I mean, I haven't been to WDW in years either, but that wasn't the point of the post xD. Unfortunately DLR hasn't had a new ride besides MMRR, RotR and SR. So there are less "new" rides to compare to.

mickEblu

SPOILER ALERT: Final lift-hill footage. But trust me you’ll want to see this so you’ll be less disappointed when you ride

Wow, this is worse than anything I could have imagined. Figured at the very least there would be a lot more fog, better lighting and better music here. And maybe some better dialogue than “ I’ll get you to the party.”

So the only thing to indicate we shrunk down here is a big mama odie head on a screen that replaced the vulture AA’s? Yikes. I was wrong. I’m more disappointed about the final lifthill than the finale. All the clips I saw a few days ago I was more or less mentally prepared for and/ or they matched my expectations. This is bad. Splash didn’t have a lot going on but what it did it did right. The ominous music and buildup. The vultures. This is criminal. I don’t care that they added an AA.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom