Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Rich T

Its suppose to be on Avery Island while not close to New Orleans its not that far either. Its not the first time they have placed attractions that are geographically inconsistent. I mean we have the Hundred Acre Woods from England right next door to now the Bayou in Louisiana. So lets not get too technical here lol.

But this is why I think Tiana will act as sort of that transition, called it "NOS Lite", between NOS proper and CC proper. Now whether that means being in NOS on the map or in CC, we'll see soon enough.
This all just makes me very, very happy that Epic Universe is using portals.

mickEblu

The new episode of We Call It Imagineering has a better look at the attraction and the finale song for those who don't mind spoilers.

Thanks for sharing. It’s not a bad song. It’s just tough to follow up an iconic song like Zip a Dee Doo Dah that was big with a super catchy sing a long chorus. I think it would have worked better elsewhere in the attraction. Maybe not the lyrics but musically.

Interior looks pretty good. Not sure what was going on with the large Tiana face on the screen. Looks like they re keeping everything between the second drop and the lift hill a surprise which isn’t surprising.

waltography

Thanks for sharing. It’s not a bad song. It’s just tough to follow up an iconic song like Zip a Dee Doo Dah that was big with a super catchy sing a long chorus. I think it would have worked better elsewhere in the attraction. Maybe not the lyrics but musically.
I can't help but imagine Tiana singing Down in New Orleans instead - that song feels like a proper finale, especially as she's surrounded by all her family and friends. Special Spice isn't half bad, though, just a different vibe than I expected.

Otherwise, I'm loving the finale. The colors are vibrant, the animatronics look great, and the screen work seems like it blends in fairly well.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
412374457_336921592536743_5656398931144032551_n.jpg

Been a year since Br'er Rabbit returned to his home sweet home in the briar patch for the last time.

MK-fan

I really hope the ride keeps a couple of AA’s from America Sings/Splash Mountain. Our ride boasted 103 Audio-Animatronics, I hope Tiana at least has half of that.

waltography

I spent a fair share of my 20’s in studios all over Los Angeles listening to engineers mixing and mastering songs. That first verse is rough. Kind of sounds like a demo. The hook is fine. Objectively speaking of course not when you compare it to what it replaced.
I didn't notice it at first, but you're right. Anika's voice is a little too isolated from the backing. At the very least, it'll sound nice on-ride.

Mentioned this in the WDW thread but I wish Anika was directed to sing this with more of a belt and opt up at the end. There's a songbird sweetness in the way she's singing here (Anika Noni Rose, what a talent), but it doesn't quite feel like a finale. Feels more like a really catch exit song.

There's a great swing to the song that I wish was a smidge more celebratory/grew a little more.

mickEblu

I didn't notice it at first, but you're right. Anika's voice is a little too isolated from the backing. At the very least, it'll sound nice on-ride.

Mentioned this in the WDW thread but I wish Anika was directed to sing this with more of a belt and opt up at the end. There's a songbird sweetness in the way she's singing here (Anika Noni Rose, what a talent), but it doesn't quite feel like a finale. Feels more like a really catch exit song.

There's a great swing to the song that I wish was a smidge more celebratory/grew a little more.

Yeah might mostly be the mix but I don’t think the delivery is great either. It almost sounds like a first take or like she’s holding back. Yeah totally agree it sounds like exit music and not a grand finale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom