Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

If they had included Facile in the new attraction, it could have been the basis for a Halloween makeover as well. Mama Odie is creepier than hell, though, so may that's enough. ;)

Lol.

Well my theory/ wild prediction has been that they’ll realize they made a mistake and include Facilier in a Halloween overlay using projections. Of course they would probably say it was in the plans the whole time.

mickEblu

Facilier isn't going anywhere. He's sill part of the core Team Villain.

Which means if he's not in TBA, it has nothing to do with him being cancelled, because he's obviously not.

He may be in the process of being phased out or they may be trying to separate the character from the voodoo stuff.

I just don’t think they’re stupid enough to leave out a fan favorite character like him for any reason other that he or his voodoo practicing have been deemed problematic.

mlayton144

I also asked this on the WDW Magic Kingdom thread: Why is it so many of us can come up with better stories for Tiana's Adventure than the Imagineers themselves?
Because a food Co-op taking place inside a salt mine is perhaps the most ludicrous setting for a ride in human history - since when does the Disney Human Resources Dept have any say in the creative process ?

EPCOTCenterLover

Well, I think his point is that the "pitches" that people are coming up with are better than the premise that has been revealed to this point.
I’ll let them answer.

This response by Imagineer97 is exactly my point. And California Elitist, it's ok to use "him" as I think most know by my posts that I am a man. :)

_caleb

Seems to me that anyone who thinks they can come up with a better idea for TBA probably:
  • Has no skin in the game
  • Doesn't understand desired organizational outcomes
  • Doesn't know the safety/legal/building requirements
  • Isn't considering tie-ins w/the Disney+ show
  • Doesn't appreciate the PR challenges Disney faces w/this
  • Assumes they are representative of Disney's current fanbase

Consumer

Seems to me that anyone who thinks they can come up with a better idea for TBA probably:
Here I was thinking storytelling was an expression of humanity, but it turns out storytelling is merely a corporate moneymaking scheme.

mickEblu

So maybe this 👆🏼is the wrong approach?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Maybe. Or maybe they know some things we don't and what seem like no-brainers to fans here aren't really viable/workable/realistic.
If you would have asked anyone 14 years ago when PatF came out, "Imagine they retheme Splash Mountain...which proposal will they go with, A or B?"

Let's say A = book report ride that includes Dr. Facilier and is similar to the proposals above and B = what they're actually doing (based on what we know).

There is no doubt in my mind that the "no-brainer" choice would be A.

_caleb

If you would have asked anyone 14 years ago when PatF came out, "Imagine they retheme Splash Mountain...which proposal will they go with, A or B?"

Let's say A = book report ride that includes Dr. Facilier and is similar to the proposals above and B = what they're actually doing (based on what we know).

There is no doubt in my mind that the "no-brainer" choice would be A.
Maybe. But that would have been before there were millions of fans interested in Tiana's post-PaTF story.

Seems like Disney's already decided to go the "Frozen 2" route and tell more Tiana stories (the D+ series). Wouldn't it be strange to make the ride re-tell the PaTF story if they're trying to move on and expand it?

Dear Prudence

Maybe. But that would have been before there were millions of fans interested in Tiana's post-PaTF story.

Seems like Disney's already decided to go the "Frozen 2" route and tell more Tiana stories (the D+ series). Wouldn't it be strange to make the ride re-tell the PaTF story if they're trying to move on and expand it?
I am excited about the Disney Plus series, but I feel like the plot(s) we're getting for the ride feel like fan fiction.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
This response by Imagineer97 is exactly my point. And California Elitist, it's ok to use "him" as I think most know by my posts that I am a man. :)
I didn’t know you were a man, or else I would have used “him.”

So none of us know the full story yet, because Disney has only revealed like three things about what will happen specifically in the ride, not backstory, context, or small details. Maybe two things. We know that it will take place during Mardi Gras and that Tiana is throwing a party and is missing an ingredient. Pretty sure that’s it, so far. That’s all we know, but everyone else can come up with something better? We don’t even know the full story yet. Announcements have been quite slim. We barely know anything.

I don’t think it’s fair to say others can come up with a better story when literally none of us know what the actual complete story is.

PiratesMansion

So both can’t be true? Tiana can’t be the character that changed my favorite ride and Disney is pushing her hard since 2020 to be more inclusive?

Let me ask you - do you think Tiana appears fourth in the new short because she is as popular or in the same echelon as Mickey, Minnie and Tinkerbell or perhaps am i right?
Of course they're pushing her more since 2020, she's the character on the most high profile ride project has been working on. Any character in that situation would be pushed.

I don't know that it actually matters where she appears in that short; it just feels like you're looking for a reason to be mad.
You do realize that Frosen and Toy Story are
Multi multi billion dollar franchises right? These billions came from paying consumers who voted with their wallets , not the other drivers of content that seem to influence modern disneys decisions. That’s what i believe people object to.
Oh really? I had no idea :rolleyes:
Do you deny that they are all over the parks to levels of annoyance? Do you also deny that they are also far more present than Tiana has been in ANY capacity?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom