Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Screenshot_20231001_191152_Instagram.jpg

SuddenStorm

Last edited:

mickEblu

For some reason these murals seem really out of place to me when you think of how they're gonna look inside Disneyland and Critter Country. I'm just glad they did not do murals on the walls of New Orleans Square when that was built.

Yikes. Where is that going to be, the barn? It’s authentic though and totally thematically appropriate because an artist from New Orleans did it. Somebody quick get Banksy to do some Graffiti art on Toad Hall in Fantasyland!

TP2000

I've already noted in the WDW thread that it doesn't really fit all that well thematically. But that's totally unrelated to saying it looks like something a child painted.

A child didn't actually paint this, but it sure looks like it.

Perhaps this is just an American thing, but every local elementary school has a mural much like this one in their playground area on any empty cement wall. The form and characters are sketched out, and then the kids help paint it in. It's never actually good looking art, but at least it's colorful and livens up a blank cement wall along the tetherball courts.

And the kids have fun painting, as any kid would.

That said, I have absolutely no idea how any of this mural art fits in to the story of this log ride, or Critter Country, or New Orleans Square, or anything I know about the Princess & The Frog movie, which I enjoyed. This just looks modern and tacky, in my opinion. It has nothing to do with Princess Tiana. Or does it now? If so, I'm not impressed.

pembertonmuralflierphoto500.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom