Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

TP2000

CaptinEO

It appears to be a Grad Nite, both tonight and tomorrow night.

Mad Props to the Super Sick Class of '23 and my Epic Fam tonight! 🧐

Wow so grad night is at Cali Adventure now. Poor kids.

TP2000

After seeing WDWs live stream with people hanging around at the line break to be last to ride it's probably for the best this had a random cutoff time. Vloggers are insufferable. I tried to watch 3 of them right now and just gave up.

I had it on mute, but unumuted a half hour ago. The champagne seems to dull the senses and I'm not nearly as annoyed by them.

This is weird, but I kind of like the young couple I'm watching in line now; Becky plus Eli. Eli is helping to grow my vocabulary, and I'm now fully invested in seeing what happens to Becky's double set of fake eyelashes after she goes down that final drop.

I wish them both well! They're cute kids.

CaptinEO

I had it on mute, but unumuted a half hour ago. The champagne seems to dull the senses and I'm not nearly as annoyed by them.

This is weird, but I kind of like the young couple I'm watching in line now; Becky plus Eli. Eli is helping to grow my vocabulary, and I'm now fully invested in seeing what happens to Becky's double set of fake eyelashes after she goes down that final drop. I wish them both well! They're cute kids.
Cheers to you! Sounds like a good time.

In the 3 I randomly found, 2 were in line only talking to their chat. 1 was on the ride but when I unmuted it he was super annoying and screaming the whole time at the top of his lungs.

CaptinEO

I think it's been that way for years now, certainly pre-Covid. The kids get to start at Disneyland in the early evening, but by the time Disneyland closes at 11pm they have to go over to DCA for the Twerking portion of the evening. It's super sick.
At least give the kids Mad T Party or Electronica. Please tell me they have a live band and don't have to settle for a dance party like they do for the toddlers.

Figments Friend

Before I hit the hay, ( it’s almost 2 am here on the East Side…) I will share my ‘almost rode Splash Mountain with Tony’ story since both of our tears are flowing in the waterway tonight…and I am feeling nostalgic.
Or maybe it is just the strong tea I had earlier….

2016, met up at Disneyland Park and had a amazing time together.
I won’t elaborate…I have a thread for that elsewhere on here.

Anyway, after a memorable meal in a certain establishment, it was time to go out into the Park and experience some ‘Baxterattractions’ first hand with the man himself.
Spectacular.
‘Big Thunder Mountain’ was a highlight.

Eventually, the topic of ‘Splash Mountain’ comes up…and knowing he is not overly keen on getting water soaked it was no surprise when it was decided to pass on this one.
But oh….so close.
We were standing right there in front of the drop watching the logs tumble.
Ah, what could have been…

-

TP2000

Becky and Eli are getting into their log, fam. They're now making that "Wooooooo" noise that dance moms make.

If they can do anything with this Tiana makeover, they desperately need to make the loading/unloading area much bigger. It's so cramped and crowded in there at Disneyland's version!

TP2000

Are any of the cast roleplaying? Like Ky'le from Tust'in? I hope guests are immersed for the last day of this ride.

Nope. The CM's seem their total disconnected selves. Staring blankly into the middle distance, yelling random instructions like "FIll in all the space" and "Party of two?" and such, but not really looking happy or pleasant or involved in anything.

As per usual in Anaheim now. :rolleyes:

Let's go fam!

CaptinEO

Before I hit the hay, ( it’s almost 2 am here on the East Side…) I will share my ‘almost rode Splash Mountain with Tony’ story since both of our tears are flowing in the waterway tonight…and I am feeling nostalgic.
Or maybe it is just the strong tea I had earlier….

2016, met up at Disneyland Park and had a amazing time together.
I won’t elaborate…I have a thread for that elsewhere on here.

Anyway, after a memorable meal in a certain establishment, it was time to go out into the Park and experience some ‘Baxterattractions’ first hand with the man himself.
Spectacular.
‘Big Thunder Mountain’ was a highlight.

Eventually, the topic of ‘Splash Mountain’ comes up…and knowing he is not overly keen on getting water soaked it was no surprise when it was decided to pass on this one.
But oh….so close.
We were standing right there in front of the drop watching the logs tumble.
Ah, what could have been…

-
I remember your thread on this and how a party member wasn't feeling well.

Hope they felt better.

That's a cool experience though and glad you could do it.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It is indeed a Grad Nite. Please. :p

Oh and I jumped in line for big thunder (the other Baxter mountain!) hope that was ok and wasn’t rude to the CM’s! Hehe
No, it’s not. We’re discussing the special closure of one ride. Not a general Grad Nite (which is now held across the way, so you still have no point, regardless).

The gag is your attempt at sarcasm makes no sense because you posted this before the ride/park closed…the line was still open.

Anyways, this is my last response to you for the evening. Again, I expect differently and more from you. Not here for your circus.

Get home safely. Goodnight.

Triple please.

CaptinEO

Nope. The CM's seem their total disconnected selves. Staring blankly into the middle distance, yelling random instructions like "FIll in all the space" and "Party of two?" and such, but not really looking happy or pleasant or involved in anything.

As per usual in Anaheim now. :rolleyes:

Let's go fam!
That's disapointing. You think they'd at least make it a party like atmosphere. It's the last day of an iconic attraction. They should be making it special.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230531_020848_YouTube.jpg

End of the line is moving over the bridge in front of the mountain

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It appears to be a Grad Nite, both tonight and tomorrow night.

Mad Props to the Super Sick Class of '23 and my Epic Fam tonight! 🧐

And it’s across the way.

Has nothing to do with Splash’s closure.

Figments Friend

They should pull a ‘Universe of Energy’ Last Ride stunt….I dare them!

Literal last Guest loaded log through gets a 101 and the work lights come on.
Guests then slowly evaced but allowed to linger for close up photo opportunities of figures , props, and scenery.

I still get the impression even today that the UoE ‘last ride’ was totally staged on purpose by the Cast there that night to allow the fans a special magical moment.

I dare you , Disneyland!
I dare you!

🫢

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom