Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

TrainsOfDisney

I wonder if it's

1) Bad Disney training in general
2) Disney telling them they can't have fun because the ride is racist or something

Probably both.
Late last night the cm’s at splash were awesome, friendly and being silly in the best way. Tonight was probably a bit overwhelming.

In general the cm’s are very inconsistent out here…. It’s like they know they don’t HAVE to deliver good service anymore but lots of them still want to.

CaptinEO

If they actually finish in time for that deadline I'll eat one of the crappy burgers they sell at Cosmic Ray's. There's no way this is getting finished in a year's time unless everything was built in-warehouse with the intention of being installed when it closed.
I agree. Its been taking them 5 years to build a Moana water play area over concrete in Epcot. The updates on them from the company reek of "please pretend to be excited". No way can they gut and redo Splash in a year and a half.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230531_030742_YouTube.jpg

Work lights are on, music is off, the logs have stopped. There was an announcement but my livestream didn't catch it. Someone in the crowd did shout "WHO WANTS TO GO TO TOKYO?!" right as it closed.

Goodnight Splash Mountain (1989 - 2023)

mickEblu

I agree. Its been taking them 5 years to build a Moana water play area over concrete in Epcot. The updates on them from the company reek of "please pretend to be excited". No way can they gut and redo Splash in a year and a half.

I’m hoping they don’t gut it and they use a lot of those sets. For example, I can’t think of one good reason that the “How do you Do” sets need to be changed.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m hoping they don’t gut it and they use a lot of those sets. For example, I can’t think of one good reason that the “How do you Do” sets need to be changed.
The smart thing would have been to just add tiana into the existing ride. Take out the fox, bear and rabbit and change the music to the princess and frog music and you’re done.

And keep the name! Splash Mountain with the Princess and the Frog!

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

It's s May 31st, 2023, and Splash Mountain at Disneyland has sent its final log down to flume. The water stops running, the music stops and the lights go out. Br'er Rabbit, Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear stand in the darkness, accepting their fate to leave their home. Suddenly, a whistling cuts through the darkness. The three turn to see a familiar shape walking along the bank, fishing pole in hand. "U-uncle Remus?" asks Br'er Rabbit. "Wh-whatre you doin' here?" Remus smiles. "Well, I figures since you're all done here, how 'bout we go fishing?" And with that, whistling Zip a Dee Doo Dah, Remus guides the trio, hand in hand, into Yesterworld
Looks like it finally happened. I'm gonna miss these singing animals to death.

SuddenStorm

Maybe this will finally give a clear incentive for some of you Splash fanatics to visit Tokyo Disney. A lot of you keep forgetting that the ride isn't being re-themed over there.

Without having been on it- I've watched some videos of Tokyo's Splash a few times, and while it's also Splash Mountain, it's not Disneyland's Splash Mountain.

The soundtrack is different, pacing is different. It's not a traditional log flume, and it spends more time trying to tell a story.

It's not like Pirates of the Caribbean where the comparison is apples to apples.

I fully intend to visit Tokyo Disneyland in 2024 or so, and am excited to see their Splash- but its existence does not make up for what Disneyland is doing to theirs.

zipadee999

Did anyone catch what the final PA announcement said? I just hear inaudible mumbling in every clip I see of it. Also were there people singing and cheering for every log that went down like in Florida? It’s nice to see so many people coming out to support one of the greatest E-tickets ever created that’s being wrongfully taken from us. Mark my words, in a few years this will be the new Journey into YOUR Imagination!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom