Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

el_super

And if a certain group of guests all procrastinate, or play the game of trying to be last on line which caused the MK CMs and security headaches, they deserve to miss out.

It's this. They saw what happened in Florida. managing a group of people fighting to be the last rider is a safety concern, and safety always trumps guest service.

Somehow I know.. if they let the line go to closing and fights broke out, people would be saying that's Disney's fault too.

waltography

Looks like DL learned from MK and by doing an earily shut-down (totally justified by the length of the line, IMO), they forestalled the jockeying of certain guest just hanging around seeking to be the last to get on line.
I never understood this desire to be last, especially considering that it's obvious the last riders will be the CMs who run the attraction (deservedly so). Jockeying for last-ish?

Edit: You beat me to it!

BasiltheBatLord

I accepted this a long time ago so I don't feel much emotionally today. But above all, the lesson I learned from this is that the world I used to know and love is changing and a lot of it is gone permanently. The parks are not what they used to be for me.

I think closing a beloved attraction like this is a huge mistake, but I'm over it. Very thankful that I live in the country with the final Splash Mountain which hopefully lives on for many more years.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Kind of a bad look in my mind.

They should have had a plan and announced it clearly.
PA: Dear friends. Instead of showing up at 11 PM to jockey for last rider on Splash Mountain threatening to break out in a fight. Please be advised that Splash Mountain will be closing at 10 PM tonight. Please arrive shortly before 10 PM to jockey for the position of last rider on Splash Mountain threatening to break out in a fight.

TrainsOfDisney

Here’s the problem: if they announced any plan, we would have had a repeat of what happened in Florida, with people literally fighting to be last on. This was in the name of guest and cast safety.
Nah, they could have kept that from happening another way.

I mean if they closed Disneyland permanently that means no one else gets hurt at Disney so that’s in the name of guest and cast safety right?

TrainsOfDisney

PA: Dear friends. Instead of showing up at 11 PM to jockey for last rider on Splash Mountain threatening to break out in a fight. Please be advised that Splash Mountain will be closing at 10 PM tonight. Please arrive shortly before 10 PM to jockey for the position of last rider on Splash Mountain threatening to break out in a fight.
Or….. “due to guest demand splash mountain q may close early, we encourage all guests to enter the q by 9 pm as the line may close at anytime between 9 and 11 pm based on operational needs”

And I don’t have a fancy management degree! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom