Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Figments Friend

Agreed. Mr. Baxter has always been a class act!

I fear we won't see his type of Imagineer again, much less an executive Imagineer, for a very long time.

But I'm glad he made it there today, as he should! Did you see how he got two little vials of flume water during his ride?!? 🤣

Yes I did, and it immediately made me think of two things :

I am wondering how he is going to keep the water from naturally evaporating over time.
I recommend storing them in the fridge.

And….

Was he being naughty and did NOT keep his ‘hands and arms inside the log at all times…’ to dip those little bottles in the water…?

-

SuddenStorm

Agreed. Mr. Baxter has always been a class act!

I fear we won't see his type of Imagineer again, much less an executive Imagineer, for a very long time.

But I'm glad he made it there today, as he should! Did you see how he got two little vials of flume water during his ride?!? 🤣

I've always been impressed with how Baxter, and Tom Morris have conducted themselves among the fan community. And the quality of their interviews is top notch. And while Tony is a legend at Disneyland, he never seems overly pompous in his interactions with fans around the park.

It's a stark contrast to Bob Gurr- who has really embraced his low level celebrity status to the point he sells Bob Gurr head mugs :rolleyes:

1685505869015.png

SuddenStorm

Yes I did, and it immediately made me think of two things :

I am wondering how he is going to keep the water from naturally evaporating over time.
I recommend storing them in the fridge.

And….

Was he being naughty and did NOT keep his ‘hands and arms inside the log at all times…’ to dip those little bottles in the water…?

-

Imagine being the CM having to tell Tony Baxter over the microphone to keep his hands in the log.

TP2000

Okay gang, I popped the champagne! The party has begun.

I'm toasting Brer Rabbit, I'm toasting all the CM's over the decades who dealt with children who are 39 inches tall and Karens who became furious that they got wet on a log ride called 'Splash Mountain', I'm toasting Tony Baxter and Marc Davis who gifted us this great attraction, and I'm toasting @Figments Friend as the President of Mr. Baxter's fan club, I'm toasting the vloggers named "Becky and Eli" who I am watching stand in line through the miracle of 100 inch Color TV Internet and I can't wait to see their ride-thru in an hour or so, and I'm toasting all of us here who are celebrating this momentous occasion!

That's a lot of toasts. I have to get busy. And I should have had more carbs for dinner. :cool:

mickEblu

You know what's really painful? When vloggers livestream and film their fans that say hi to them because we get a beautiful combination of painful cringey small talk mixed with the social awkwardness of the people not used to being in front of the camera. My favorite is when they start being extra animated with their facial expressions or showing deep concentration with intense eye stares over the most mundane conversation. Like did you really have to nod 75 times and give your face such a work out? Please blink. All he did was talk about his favorite breakfast location and say the park wasn't too crowded.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Remember folks, Disneyland prides itself in providing world class customer service.

Like closing a 34 year old beloved attraction an hour early, and making the announcement that they're doing so 30 minutes before. That's how you show you care about your guests paying about $150/person to be there, many of whom are probably there to say their proper goodbyes to the attraction. It's what Walt would have wanted.

What a joke.

TP2000

Ooh, the vloggers are showing the fireworks from Critter Country, which are always fun close-up from Critter Country. It looks like a beautiful night in Anaheim, if quite a bit colder than usual for the end of May.

The fireworks are kind of nice to see, actually. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom