Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

TrainsOfDisney

The sun is setting for the final time on splash mountain.

Currently a 4 hour wait!

Attachments

• A634BB1E-05CC-4D28-92E9-9BF6E07BB559.jpeg
    A634BB1E-05CC-4D28-92E9-9BF6E07BB559.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 06F9CD60-221E-4FBB-A221-4299AE45491A.jpeg
    06F9CD60-221E-4FBB-A221-4299AE45491A.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 50

Surferboy567

Have to pay my respects to Splash Mountain, Disneyland isn’t my home park but sad to see Splash close for the last time in the states. I hope the imagineers can create a great follow up in the form of Tiana’s. As said when Disney World’s Splash closed this is going to be an extremely tough act to follow.

Happy that Tony Baxter was able to come to Disneyland for Splash Mountain’s final day of operation.

TP2000

I've tried several live stream feeds, but the commentary was killing too many of my brain cells and I haven't even made my evening cocktail yet (which kills more). So I just had to put it on mute.

But the scenes of all the people milling about and endless switchbacks all over the place right now make me glad to not be there in person. This is definitely one of those things that is better on TV.

Figments Friend

I've tried several live stream feeds, but the commentary was killing too many of my brain cells and I haven't even made my evening cocktail yet (which kills more). So I just had to put it on mute.

But the scenes of all the people milling about and endless switchbacks all over the place right now make me glad to not be there in person. This is definitely one of those things that is better on TV.

See, this is what drives me nuts about the ‘vloggers’ too….especially live stream ‘events’.
Nobody seems to understand the importance of shutting UP and just letting the visuals do the talking.

Some day, when I retire and have all the time in the world to devote to such things…I need to start a ‘Disney vlogging career’ and show em’ all the RIGHT WAY to do these things.

Just roll camera, do a short intro with NO subliminal advertising for likes, subscriptions, tshirts, or channel donations…and just shoot footage of the happenings as they happen.
No unnecessary personal commentary, no inept babble, none of that as the camera rolls.
Save that for the post show.

Just uninterrupted video coverage. Cover the event like a newscaster with his mouth taped shut.
Let the images and audio of what is happening tell the story, instead of the endless ‘sportscaster’ approach.
Gawd it would be fantastic…and viewers would flock.

Why has no one figured this out yet…?
Can’t just be me…

🤨

-

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Does anyone know when they added white hair to Brer Fox?

At least since 1994, from Youtube-

1685504058695.png

The videos I could find from earlier were really bad lighting and it was hard to tell for sure.

Is his inner Sam the Eagle bursting out?

The 'Br'er Fox is a reskinned Sam the Eagle' rumor has circulated for a minute, but I've never seen any sources from Disney stating this is the case. I am genuinely curious if there is anything definitive verifying this.

mickEblu

Splash Mountain was created by an Imagineering Dream Team- It's hard to top Baxter and Gordon. Tiana's Bayou Adventure has huge shoes to fill, and while I'm vehemently against this change- I hope for the sake of future generations that modern WDI pulls a rabbit out of a hat and somehow pulls this retheme off. Because if they don't, that half of Disneyland will be severely hindered both in appearance, feel, and theme.

I hope so too. So far it’s not looking great but I’m holding out hope. So far we know the exterior facade is leaving a bit to be desired with a giant water tower with a princess crown on it. On the West side of the park where until today everything along the ROA is more realistic.

We're losing one of the best designed and iconic facades with the tree/ weenie and all forced perspective for a grassy mound.

We know that from all the PR pieces (and recent attractions like Mermaid/Frozen/BatB) that they seem to be intent on leaving all drama/ suspense off the ride for the three people that might be offended by the movies representation of vodoo even though their are 1000's of comments of people expressing disappointment at just the thought of no Facilier etc.

They're also scaring us all with that backstory that seems way too focused on cooking and ingredients. Granted, it's a backstory but in conjunction with everything else we know it's worrisome.

We know that Splash soundtrack is gone and the odds of surpassing is basically Zero. It's not just the songs but the attention to detail with the entire sound design (think the harmonies you hear going under the possums). They're not just pressing play on the Avengers theme song like they do at Avengers Campus. I really enjoy PaTF's soundtrack but it will not be better than Splash. They have also said the story on the attraction takes place after the events of the movie so we don't really know how much of that even gets used.

We know Baxter n co worked on Splash. The people working on this and other newer attractions are not him/them

We know based on other recent attractions that the AA's will most likely be significantly reduced leaving more room for screens and projections that may or may not be integrated into the ride effectively. Its been a mixed bag on newer attractions and ride refreshes.

We know that the odds of an attraction being shoehorned into an existing purpose built facade/ show building being better than the original are slim to none. Already you see them making sacrifices on visual story telling and aesthetics in favor of a grassy hill to make the story make sense. Granted, I do find PatF to be better successor to Splash than any other IP.

How on earth do you top the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah scene?

I could go on. I feel like between the ride system, ride layout, general aesthetics/theme of the exterior/ indoor show scenes and PatF soundtrack that it could/should be a slam dunk but it appears they are over thinking it or not prioritizing the right things. I'm not asking for a book report ride (even though I think that term has been hijaked and misused in the last few years). Just have Tianas Bayou Adventure do for PatF what Splash did for SotS. Give us an emotionally well rounded and satisfying journey with some of our favorite tunes.

Last edited:
In the Parks
No
At least since 1994, from Youtube-

View attachment 719945

The videos I could find from earlier were really bad lighting and it was hard to tell for sure.

The 'Br'er Fox is a reskinned Sam the Eagle' rumor has circulated for a minute, but I've never seen any sources from Disney stating this is the case. I am genuinely curious if there is anything definitive verifying this.
Here's a pretty clear preview video from July 1989 showing that Brer Fox had not yet aged:

TP2000

Glad to see my boy Tony there.
I knew he would be for the final day of operation.
That Attraction was his baby, and a lot of mixed emotions today I am sure.
I’m feeling them now…as I am sure he certainly must be,

Agreed. Mr. Baxter has always been a class act!

I fear we won't see his type of Imagineer again, much less an executive Imagineer, for a very long time.

But I'm glad he made it there today, as he should! Did you see how he got two little vials of flume water during his ride?!? 🤣

TP2000

Why has no one figured this out yet…?
Can’t just be me…

🤨

-

My dear lady, it's not just you.

Although, there's a tiny part of me that has to give a hat tip to all these vloggers on YouTube right now. I mean, at least they are out at Disneyland talking (a bit too much) about Splash Mountain and history and Tony Baxter and the tides of change sweeping over Disneyland now. Because they could be in some basement card room somewhere, drinking cheap hooch and spending their rent money on unwise bets.
So... at least there's that!

But I'm reminded of the important concept that "Silence is Golden", and whoever invented the mute button deserves the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

It’s pretty good to be here :) there is a marked off place on the bridge for people to stop and watch - it was great to ride earlier today. I rode on the last day :) it’s worth it :)

mickEblu

My prediction for Tiana's Bayou Adventure: It will still be fun (obviously) but it will lack some of the build up, visual story telling and emotional satisfaction of Splash. It'll one more one note. Think Mission Breakout compared to TOT. There will be more chances to be taken out of the moment as it is inevitable when you lose 3D physical things for screens especially if they are not executed flawlessly. There will be a few scenes that will be more visually stimulating or upgraded with lighting and projections but may come at the cost of even more scenes feeling too bare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom