Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
*I like Brayden but I think he’s completely wrong here, MK’s is likely closing earlier for other reasons, like maybe because there’s more work to do and they like to stagger construction.
@marni1971 called MK's Splash going down ahead of DL's a year ago. And Scott Gustin confirms he also knew that in advance, too. This had been scheduled to happen this way long ago.

So... great scoop? ;)

yensidtlaw1969

If you’ve been on both, you’d know the two versions of the ride are configured completely different from each other. They can’t just clone one version without completely demolishing the show building of the other, so scenes are naturally going to be different. They are going to have to develop Disneyland specific scenes in addition to the WDW specific scenes they have developed.
I have been on both, which is why I know that the differences in the ride configuration would not favor additional scenes at DL.

Splash at Disneyland has fewer and smaller scenes than Walt Disney World did. It isn't intuitive that Disneyland's TBA would have additional scenes over WDW's since their Splash didn't. If it's going to have different scenes that's one thing, and clearly the scenes will have to be different to some extent just because you're fitting them in different "boxes" - but the word used was additional, which implies there will be more scenes than at Walt Disney World. That seems odd.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230212_062041.png
\
Should we be worried about the hours cutting off, or nah?

180º

I have been on both, which is why I know that the differences in the ride configuration would not favor additional scenes at DL.

Splash at Disneyland has fewer and smaller scenes than Walt Disney World did. It isn't intuitive that Disneyland's TBA would have additional scenes over WDW's since their Splash didn't. If it's going to have different scenes that's one thing, and clearly the scenes will have to be different to some extent just because you're fitting them in different "boxes" - but the word used was additional, which implies there will be more scenes than at Walt Disney World. That seems odd.
True, Disneyland’s Splash is quicker, but it does cover about the same ground that Florida’s does. I can’t exactly vouch for the sources of this but Wikipedia lists the length of Disneyland’s Splash as 2,640 feet and Florida’s at a hair shorter, 2,600 feet.

I think you’re right about the scenes at Disneyland being “different” rather than “more,” but I don’t think it’s fewer. Off the top of my head I recall Florida has a few more expository scenes during How Do You Do and a couple of Laughin’ Place scenes before the dip drop. These felt like an expansion over what Disneyland had because the logs took their time and there were lots of pretty clear dialog cues. But Disneyland has that whole section with the gator, possums, and flower bed, as well as the burrow after the Laughin’ Place. Of course, you speed through them a little faster (especially the Gator since there’s a down-ramp right before him). Those will probably be the biggest areas of difference between the Bayou Adventures just as they were between the Splash Mountains.

Rich T

It doesn’t matter which Splash Mtn. had more scenes or was longer or shorter. WDW’s, when it was in top shape, told its story better than the DL version. And WDW’s version wrapped up its existence the way DL’s is winding down now— In pretty much equally garbage condition.

Let’s just hope both Tiana rides are fun, creative experiences.
(Edit)
Congrats KC Chiefs!

EagleScout610

Premium Member
It doesn’t matter which Splash Mtn. had more scenes or was longer or shorter. WDW’s, when it was in top shape, told its story better than the DL version. And WDW’s version wrapped up its existence the way DL’s is winding down now— In pretty much equally garbage condition.

Let’s just hope both Tiana rides are fun, creative experiences.
(Edit)
Congrats KC Chiefs!

Even though many things are out, I doubt DL's will finish out in the absolutely God Awful shape WDW went out on. DL actually maintained effects up until very recently [A stream from December showed it was in great shape], WDW let theirs rot since the parks reopened in 2020.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
They announced this over 31 months ago and said it was already in the works before that. If construction hasn't started because of continuing design work, that is a big issue.
Not to mention Charita saying: "We're getting ready to go into our production phase where we start building stuff, then next we'll be at a point where we start installing" at D23 last year. If they had been planning this for a while, you think they would have been building stuff more than 3 months before the first version closes?

yensidtlaw1969

Not to mention Charita saying: "We're getting ready to go into our production phase where we start building stuff, then next we'll be at a point where we start installing" at D23 last year. If they had been planning this for a while, you think they would have been building stuff more than 3 months before the first version closes?
That's not necessarily how these things work.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Given that tomorrow is the start of Mardi Gras, what do you think the odds are we get an updated timeline to close Disneyland's Splash?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Given that tomorrow is the start of Mardi Gras, what do you think the odds are we get an updated timeline to close Disneyland's Splash?
Ummm... actually.... 🤓

Mardi Gras began a month and a half ago.

Tomorrow is "Shrove Tuesday" which is getting ready for Lent.

In the modern Catholic Church, neither Mardi Gras nor Shrove Tuesday has any standing as a religious practice, feast day, or liturgical observance. It's a local custom. Just like all the folderol surrounding Santa Claus.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Ummm... actually.... 🤓

Mardi Gras began a month and a half ago.

Tomorrow is "Shrove Tuesday" which is getting ready for Lent.

In the modern Catholic Church, neither Mardi Gras nor Shrove Tuesday has any standing as a religious practice, feast day, or liturgical observance. It's a local custom. Just like all the folderol surrounding Santa Claus.

BasiltheBatLord

From the WDW forum:

I’m not sure how much to infer from this, but Disneyland just released the information on some Disneyland After Dark events this spring.

The Throwback Nite (Apr 18 and 20) event lists the following attractions that may be unavailable:
Star Wars Nite (various dates in early to mid May) lists the following:

Again, I don’t know if Tarzan’s Treehouse (or whatever it’s going to be called) will be open before Throwback Nite, so not sure why it’s listed on the latter and not the former. This may be attributable to sloppiness or inconsistency between the descriptions for these events. Still, might hint at a late April closing date for Splash West.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom