Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

zipadee999

Hey, @zipadee999, you haven't answered my question. After correcting me that I had the wrong board, I asked about who is on this supposed Disneyland board you're talking about. I don't know of a DL board. This is the first I'm hearing about it. So, who is on this DL board you speak of?
I don’t care for your condescending tone first of all, and second of all, I don’t know if there necessarily even is one. The source referred to ‘Potrock and his board,’ insinuating a DL-specific board. Don’t know if it’s a thing or not, so no, I don’t know the name, address, and favorite color of everyone on this board. Just what the source said. Just because you think your anti-splash rhetoric makes you seem high and mighty doesn’t mean you can talk down to people. It also doesn’t mean you’re the ultimate authority. Your opinion is no better than anyone else’s.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t care for your condescending tone first of all, and second of all, I don’t know if there necessarily even is one. The source referred to ‘Potrock and his board,’ insinuating a DL-specific board. Don’t know if it’s a thing or not, so no, I don’t know the name, address, and favorite color of everyone on this board. Just what the source said. Just because you think your anti-splash rhetoric makes you seem high and mighty doesn’t mean you can talk down to people. It also doesn’t mean you’re the ultimate authority. Your opinion is no better than anyone else’s.
Just trying to track down what I was sure was misinformation.

All the references to 'the board' in that source references *THE* Board and not a lower tier board for DL, which I'm sure doesn't exist.

I promise to be condescending to the source of the rumor that created that confusion! ;)

TP2000

I just got out of the shower and I hear my daughter practicing her clarinet. She was playing from the new Disney songbook I just bought her. What song was she playing????

Zip A Dee Doo Dah!!! 🧐 🤣 🤣 🤣

I laughed very hard and thought of all of you.

I love that story! 🤣

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. The whole company seems to be going off the rails. Something tells me that 7,000 job cuts aren't enough, and they seriously need to streamline and focus their operation on their core products and real audience, which is NOT the Twitterverse or college newspaper columnists.

Because right now, they way they are running this company, they're messy.

Brer Oswald

I'm not sure I understand how DL's has additional scenes when the track length, ride time, and show space are all smaller at Disneyland than they are at WDW.

Is WDW planning to leave some spaces blank?
If you’ve been on both, you’d know the two versions of the ride are configured completely different from each other. They can’t just clone one version without completely demolishing the show building of the other, so scenes are naturally going to be different. They are going to have to develop Disneyland specific scenes in addition to the WDW specific scenes they have developed.

_caleb

Disneyland’s Splash has a lot more dead space than MK’s, as well as many more AAs they may be looking to retrofit.
You sure about this? There were several longer sections of MK's version with no show scenes. Not much at all until after the first lift hill, and then after the drop there was a long stretch with nothing but music until the riverboat scene.

Maybe DL's has them too, but they're just more noticeable because of its speed?

Brer Oswald

You sure about this? There were several longer sections of MK's version with no show scenes. Not much at all until after the first lift hill, and then after the drop there was a long stretch with nothing but music until the riverboat scene.

Maybe DL's has them too, but they're just more noticeable because of its speed?
The outdoor sections of both rides are relatively similar. Details and scenery are a slightly different. But the path and main features are mostly the same (lift hill, right turn through briar patch with view of the drop, barn lift hill, slow right turns through section with crops and critter houses, slippin falls, tunnel into interior).

Most of the Interior scenes are where the differences really show

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

No offense to any DL Splash superfans on this board, but the stretch from Br’er Fox & Br’er Bear’s introduction all the way to the coaster drop is pretty sparse, with minimal-to-no sets/scenery, mostly in darkness. Makes sense to me that Imagineering might devise a custom-made plan for this particular space.

zipadee999

No offense to any DL Splash superfans on this board, but the stretch from Br’er Fox & Br’er Bear’s introduction all the way to the coaster drop is pretty sparse, with minimal-to-no sets/scenery, mostly in darkness. Makes sense to me that Imagineering might devise a custom-made plan for this particular space.
I feel like that’s always been the issue with the DL version. They have more animatronics, but they’re all clustered tightly together so you have a scene that’s busting at the seams and then another that’s virtually empty. The two later versions got the balance dialed in

mickEblu

IMO the layout with all the tight turns and the speed that the log is going makes it a non issue.

No Name

If you’ve been on both, you’d know the two versions of the ride are configured completely different from each other. They can’t just clone one version without completely demolishing the show building of the other, so scenes are naturally going to be different. They are going to have to develop Disneyland specific scenes in addition to the WDW specific scenes they have developed.
That doesn’t address his point at all, which is that DL’s is shorter, faster, and smaller, so there’s no place for additional scenes. What Brayden must’ve meant*, and maybe how you’re interpreting it, is revised scenes in place of MK’s and not in addition to them.

*I like Brayden but I think he’s completely wrong here, MK’s is likely closing earlier for other reasons, like maybe because there’s more work to do and they like to stagger construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom