Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

truecoat

If true It may not be down for an extended period of time. Maybe a quick fix of something. Regardless, Splash/Tiana will be down for over a year. They can't keep postponing it because other rides will be down.....especially in that length of time.

Waiting on IJA to come back.

SuddenStorm

Was it really a good idea to announce the closure of Splash Mountain three years before the ride would even be shut down?

No, but they did it to gain public favor at the time. I suspect had they not made the announcement when they did, the ride would remain open.

At the time it was closed due to the statewide shut down, and Disney was likely trying to get ahead of public controversy- but now it's been operating since 2021 with long lines and minimal public outcry.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Comedy Gold! Not just a protest, but a "Sit In", like it's 1961 at a Woolworth's lunch counter in the South! Priceless. 🤣

These people are detached from reality. It's a log ride at a theme park, with singing chicken robots that will be rethemed into different singing chicken robots, plus a different talking alligator than the current talking alligator. There's not much else to it.

I'm more interested in how the employee-owned cooperative that runs this salt mine is going to handle this. Where is their statement?
ChatGPT got that covered...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:​
New Orleans, LA - [Date] - Tiana, owner of the New Orleans Food Co-op, issued a statement today regarding the recent sit-in protest against the conversion of a local swamp into a food market.​
As a black woman and a community leader, I am committed to creating opportunities for economic growth and sustainability in our community. The proposed food market will provide access to fresh and affordable food for our community, creating jobs and supporting local farmers and producers.​
We understand and respect the right to peaceful protest, but we believe that the protesters have misunderstood the benefits of this development. The food market will not only bring economic growth but also promote sustainability and environmental justice by supporting local producers and reducing the carbon footprint of food transportation.​
We believe that this development aligns with our values of community empowerment, sustainability, and economic justice. We will continue to work with the developers and community members to address their concerns and find a solution that benefits everyone.​
As a black-owned business, we are committed to creating opportunities for our community to thrive. We believe that the food market will bring much-needed economic growth and job opportunities to our community, promoting sustainability and social equity.​
We urge the protesters to engage in a dialogue with us and the developers to address their concerns and find a solution that is mutually beneficial. We are committed to working with our partners to ensure that everyone in our community has access to healthy, affordable, and sustainable food.​
Sincerely,​
Tiana Owner, New Orleans Food Co-op​

TP2000

That’s the take me along gator. He’s from america sings. Brer Gator is the one who Brer Frog is sleeping on and who attacks Brer fox in the finale

I had a Disneyland AP since the early years of the Clinton Administration to just before Covid. I have been on Splash Mountain dozens and dozens of times over those decades, plus the versions in Florida and Tokyo many times. I had absolutely no idea there was a difference between the talking/singing alligator before the beehive drop and the alligator who is chewing on the foxes tail past the riverboat. I just assumed they were the same alligator shown at different times in the story arc (of a frantic log ride that has an impossible to follow plot line anyway).

And so for that, I thank you! I had absolutely no idea! I love Disneyland trivia, and I just learned something new. :)

That said, what is the name of the alligator that talks/sings at you just before you go down that beehive dip drop in the dark?

TP2000

At the time it was closed due to the statewide shut down, and Disney was likely trying to get ahead of public controversy- but now it's been operating since 2021 with long lines and minimal public outcry.

Because it's a log ride with an unknown plot line based on an unknown movie that has lots of singing chickens. And a pig playing a pipe organ. Because of racism, or something. Shut this thing down! Think of the children! And/or stage a Sit In to protest not doing this!

2090204221_fc2742bcd5_b.jpg

Brer Oswald

I had a Disneyland AP since the early years of the Clinton Administration to just before Covid. I have been on Splash Mountain dozens and dozens of times over those decades, plus the versions in Florida and Tokyo many times. I had absolutely no idea there was a difference between the talking/singing alligator before the beehive drop and the alligator who is chewing on the foxes tail past the riverboat. I just assumed they were the same alligator shown at different times in the story arc (of a frantic log ride that has an impossible to follow plot line anyway).

And so for that, I thank you! I had absolutely no idea! I love Disneyland trivia, and I just learned something new. :)

That said, what is the name of the alligator that talks/sings at you just before you go down that beehive dip drop in the dark?
I’m not sure he has a name. I’ve seen him referred to as “Hitchhiking Gator”, a combination of his apparent occupation and his species. I suppose we could just call him Charlie.

Professortango1

I've always heard "Take-Me-Along-Gator." Because he sings "Take Me Along." You got the trio of them in the finale as well. They have always been some of my favourite AA's.

Consumer

I've always heard "Take-Me-Along-Gator." Because he sings "Take Me Along." You got the trio of them in the finale as well. They have always been some of my favourite AA's.
I doubt they will, but it'd be great if the Swamp Boys could be preserved in the new Tiana ride. Thematically they pair well with the bayou and aesthetically they're not too jarring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom