Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

zipadee999

POV

Looks like they fixed most of the broken effects last week. The lighting is back and the ride actually looks quite good dare I say…

This could very well mean that the DL version could be sticking around a little while longer if they’re still willing to give it maintenance that the WDW version never got

truecoat

The real downside to social media is the idiots who used to yell at the clouds found all their friends and in numbers can be dangerous. In this case, they'll just get banned from Disneyland for a period of time up to forever.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Maybe they’re putting in newer hydraulics for the new AA’s?
Aren't the next gen AAs ran by electric servos now? I always found it to be double edged sword. The next gen AAs look amazing in their fluidity, but because they are so much more expensive and complicated to build we will probably never see a Pirates level of AAs in an attraction ever again.

Hopefully in the case of this attraction they can have a descent amount of full size AAs and still use other cheaper means to move smaller ones around to increase the quantity of animals at Splash levels.

Homemade Imagineering

Aren't the next gen AAs ran by electric servos now? I always found it to be double edged sword. The next gen AAs look amazing in their fluidity, but because they are so much more expensive and complicated to build we will probably never see a Pirates level of AAs in an attraction ever again.

Hopefully in the case of this attraction they can have a descent amount of full size AAs and still use other cheaper means to move smaller ones around to increase the quantity of animals at Splash levels.
Typically, the smaller figures will use almost entirely electric motors, while the larger, full size AAs, will be a combination of hydraulic actuation in the body and electric motors for more subtle movement

TP2000

And right from Twitter, a "protest" is planned for 3/18.

Comedy Gold! Not just a protest, but a "Sit In", like it's 1961 at a Woolworth's lunch counter in the South! Priceless. 🤣

These people are detached from reality. It's a log ride at a theme park, with singing chicken robots that will be rethemed into different singing chicken robots, plus a different talking alligator than the current talking alligator. There's not much else to it.

I'm more interested in how the employee-owned cooperative that runs this salt mine is going to handle this. Where is their statement?

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Comedy Gold! Not just a protest, but a "Sit In", like it's 1961 at a Woolworth's lunch counter in the South! Priceless. 🤣

These people are detached from reality. It's a log ride at a theme park, with singing chicken robots that will be rethemed into different singing chicken robots, plus a different talking alligator than the current talking alligator. There's not much else to it.
Br'er Gator doesn't talk.

TP2000

Br'er Gator doesn't talk.

After that second little drop, before you go down into the beehive dip drop, you pass that alligator on the left and he's saying something to you.

In this video at 4:22 it sounds like he's saying "until you get there...". Or is he singing and his voice is so deep it sounds like talking?

zipadee999

After that second little drop, before you go down into the beehive dip drop, you pass that alligator on the left and he's saying something to you.

In this video at 4:22 it sounds like he's saying "until you get there...". Or is he singing and his voice is so deep it sounds like talking?

That’s the take me along gator. He’s from america sings. Brer Gator is the one who Brer Frog is sleeping on and who attacks Brer fox in the finale

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Read another site saying Disneyland BTMRR going down on Apr.3 - can't imagine they'd close Splash while that is offline too
If true It may not be down for an extended period of time. Maybe a quick fix of something. Regardless, Splash/Tiana will be down for over a year. They can't keep postponing it because other rides will be down.....especially in that length of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom