Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I had similar thoughts when I first read it. Maybe something different is happening with ours? It’s possible that Orlando’s and Anaheim’s will have different opening dates. Wouldn’t be surprised if that actually happens. I just remembered that we’re getting an eatery, too. I doubt that has anything to do with it, though. Not sure what’s going on. I assume it won’t close that much long after MK’s.

Regarding the second half of your post, I definitely agree.
To me it reads as Orlando is going down first because it will need much more work to transform it into the Bayou, given it's a mix of farmland, forests, and cave as opposed to California's already more swampy look

Rich T

To me, todays announcement hits extra hard. because I have a sort of emotional connection with Splash. I don't tell many people this, but Splash/Disney was one of the last things I remember my family being happy while doing before everything in my house went, well, to heck in a handbasket [In forum friendly terms]. Sure, I knew it was coming, but it feels like that one happy memory is being ripped out with the ride.
I know it’s a bummer when something that sparks good memories gets changed, but your memories are still there and always will be part of you.

I’ve seen sooooo many rides and attractions at DL—that absolutely defined my wonderful family memories there—get torn down. Too many to list at this point. But my memories remain and always warm me. It’s my interest in visiting Disney parks that’s declining!

Think of all the people who grew up being inspired by classic Epcot. There we have an entire park that has lost nearly everything that originally made it wonderful.

mickEblu

I had similar thoughts when I first read it. Maybe something different is happening with ours? It’s possible that Orlando’s and Anaheim’s will have different opening dates. Wouldn’t be surprised if that actually happens. I just remembered that we’re getting an eatery, too. I doubt that has anything to do with it, though. Not sure what’s going on. I assume it won’t close that much long after MK’s.

Regarding the second half of your post, I definitely agree.

Oh man I forgot about. Still 🤞🏼It’s not Hungry Bear.

tanc

I'm kind of seriously questioning how two teams can deliver matching quality. I hope that DL's redo isn't inferior like DL's splash is to WDW/Tokyo.

Makes me wonder if DL will come at a later date?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
TDA wants MMRR open before Splash closes; a closing date will be announced soon.
Lines up with the "Pull it when Toontown opens" rumor. Personally I'd expect an announcement late Jan/early February if they are doing a March close and want a month's notice like here

Rich T

I'm kind of seriously questioning how two teams can deliver matching quality. I hope that DL's redo isn't inferior like DL's splash is to WDW/Tokyo.
DL’s Splash was built 3 years before the WDW and Tokyo versions. DL’s is the weakest because it was Disney’s first crack at building a log flume, and there were apparently issues with the initial fleet of logs, which had to be redesigned, delaying its opening by months. Splash at WDW and Tokyo benefitted from the experience gained.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I’m hoping they plan at least one extravagant event for DL’s opening. And they keep talking about authenticity, I hope whatever food they serve at this new eatery will be good and authentic. No French Market quality.

Nland316

Wasn’t the OG rumor that DL’s was going to close and open first? Wonder what happened to that…

Regardless, this new concept art is finally showing what I’ve been waiting to see. Up until now, there was nothing that really sold me on the swampy/bayou feel that should’ve immediately been visible. As long as they match the feel, I think it will be a rather beautiful interior.

However, I’m hoping the rumors of using only brand new/attraction specific songs is untrue… Otherwise, what’s the point of even using this IP if we can’t hear that amazing soundtrack we all know?

yensidtlaw1969

Regardless, this new concept art is finally showing what I’ve been waiting to see. Up until now, there was nothing that really sold me on the swampy/bayou feel that should’ve immediately been visible. As long as they match the feel, I think it will be a rather beautiful interior.
I'm confused by the idea that these two previously released pieces of Concept Art didn't give you that "swampy/bayou feel", but this new one suddenly did . . .

1670026062773.png

1670026079538.png

1670026092282.png

The vibe is pretty consistent throughout, as are the elements featured in the renderings.

Nland316

I'm confused by the idea that these two previously released pieces of Concept Art didn't give you that "swampy/bayou feel", but this new one suddenly did . . .

View attachment 682536

View attachment 682537

View attachment 682538

The vibe is pretty consistent throughout, as are the elements featured in the renderings.
The first exterior one did, but the updated model sorta undid it for me.

That second image, I think the stylization of it just didn’t really read too practical. So I was never sold on what that rendering was trying to emulate.

All the talk about salt mines and entrepreneurship dominated most of the attraction talk for a good while, so these specific environments weren’t really the focus anymore from what I thought I could tell. Happy to see promising work though!

Rich T

View attachment 682536

View attachment 682537

View attachment 682538

On that middle art, I could never get past the guests apparently standing in the water with a tiny log crammed down over their torsos pinning their arms and Peter Pan’s mutant little brother in the back…
707E90E9-42E0-4B92-9333-828F3371767B.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom