Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Okay, I'm glad it's not just me!!!

And Pandora is gorgeous, but Louisiana bayous are also gorgeous and very specific. They're unique to other swamps and bayous. There's a lot to tap into there. Pandora isn't....it just isn't it.
Capture-14-1.JPG

Made this in about 5 minutes

VJ

If Walt had lived long enough to witness how offensive those elements had become with time, he would have ordered the changes himself.
this is true. lest we forget the jewish peddler stereotype in the three little pigs that was changed after walt received negative feedback?

but we also must not forget that he ignored the backlash song of the south received during his lifetime, so he definitely wasn't a saint

VJ

I just noticed the log… Does this mean our logs are changing from single file to side-by-side?
honestly, i'm expecting one uniform log design for both versions of the ride - disney loves to pay once, use twice, after all

(sorry for all the quotes!)

EDIT: this was addressed downthread - apparently not possible due to each version's flume design

MerlinTheGoat

View attachment 682841
Made this in about 5 minutes
Okay, I'm glad it's not just me!!!

And Pandora is gorgeous, but Louisiana bayous are also gorgeous and very specific. They're unique to other swamps and bayous. There's a lot to tap into there. Pandora isn't....it just isn't it.
It looks consistent with Disney's usual exaggerated colorful lighting they use for lush night time nature scenery. Even Tokyo Disneysea's Mount Prometheus uses similar colors at night.

It's disappointing that they didn't include the tree and Mama Odie's boat atop the mountain like that first piece of art. I'm still holding out to see whether the interior scenes are handled well. But if that's what the facade look like at night, I think it's quite pretty. I'm not having any issue distinguishing between this and Pandora either. The scenery specific to the American South and swamp are still clearly visible and distinct. And lighting wise, you've got vivid blues for moonlight, faint hints of green, and warm yellow white for lanterns and fireflies. The glowing pink lilypads are also pretty. It's an exaggerated Disney-fied lighting/color package, but also entirely consistent with the movie-

disney-princess_259403_1_full.jpg

TwilightZone

It looks consistent with Disney's usual exaggerated colorful lighting they use for lush night time nature scenery. Even Tokyo Disneysea's Mount Prometheus uses similar colors at night.

It's disappointing that they didn't include the tree and Mama Odie's boat atop the mountain like that first piece of art. I'm still holding out to see whether the interior scenes are handled well. But if that's what the facade look like at night, I think it's quite pretty. I'm not having any issue distinguishing between this and Pandora either. The scenery specific to the American South and swamp are still clearly visible and distinct. And lighting wise, you've got vivid blues for moonlight, faint hints of green, and warm yellow white for lanterns and fireflies. The glowing pink lilypads are also pretty. It's an exaggerated Disney-fied lighting/color package, but also entirely consistent with the movie-

disney-princess_259403_1_full.jpg
Looking at this art, it actually makes more sense for Mama Odie's house to not be on top of the hill, regardless if "Tiana's Foods" plotline is there or not.

Rich T

Now that you mention it, I don't think Magic Kingdom has any big rides down for rehab right now that losing Splash as well would cause an apocalypse.
In every one my several visits to MK this year, Splash was down most of the day anyway. And Pirates and Space Mtn., like Splash, were down every morning.

But at least Tron will hopefully open in 2023. And I’m suuuurrrre it won’t have any first season issues to make it close constantly. 😄

Thank goodness the railroad’s finally returning.

mharrington

Given the emphasis on critters in the recent concept art, will Tiana's Bayou Adventure be staying part of Critter Country? Rumor was it would be absorbed by New Orleans Square but it seems they're keeping a more Critter theme

As I said before, if it was absorbed into New Orleans Square, that would put the Pooh ride in an even more awkward position, given its British origins.

TwilightZone

As I said before, if it was absorbed into New Orleans Square, that would put the Pooh ride in an even more awkward position, given its British origins.
I think its in an awkward position whether Tiana is absorbed in NOS or not. It would basically be the only true attraction in Critter Country. Would not be surprised if the whole land was rethemed, expanded, redone, etc.

Rich T

I’ve never thought of Critter Country as a true land. As Bear Country, it was beautiful and had a real feeling of existing out on the edge of the wilderness. As Critter Country, it’s just been a mish-mash. A few benches and a couple of miniature doorways stuck on trees do not make a theme. Tokyo spent the money to do it right.

They should just retheme the area to a southern bayou and turn Pooh into bumper swamp boats or a Dr. Facilier fun house of illusions.

Heppenheimer

I’ve never thought of Critter Country as a true land. As Bear Country, it was beautiful and had a real feeling of existing out on the edge of the wilderness. As Critter Country, it’s just been a mish-mash. A few benches and a couple of miniature doorways stuck on trees do not make a theme. Tokyo spent the money to do it right.

They should just retheme the area to a southern bayou and turn Pooh into bumper swamp boats or a Dr. Facilier fun house of illusions.
That would work. The Haunted Mansion is the old rural estate beyond the downtown of New Orleans, and beyond that, the bayou.

Disney Analyst

I also think it would be a great Bayou area.

Pooh is the tricky problem. Do they remove? Replace? Just stick with it…

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
There was a similar thread on Reddit about what you guys are talking about. Someone commented that Critter Country should just become the 100 Acre Woods. I asked how you reconcile the fact that the entrance to Splash/Tiana is in and facing the land. Got a weird answer about imaginary borders or something.

mickEblu

There was a similar thread on Reddit about what you guys are talking about. Someone commented that Critter Country should just become the 100 Acre Woods. I asked how you reconcile the fact that the entrance to Splash/Tiana is in and facing the land. Got a weird answer about imaginary borders or something.

Lol I saw that. My vote is to keep the name Critter Country and have the ride be part of Critter Country. All problems solved. New Orleans isn’t the launching point for the ride it’s the destination. We start off in the bayou/ country which could be anywhere. I think the ride functions as a great transition between both lands. If we go by the recent concept art it looks like that may be the route they re taking. Orrr they re just trying to keep it as a spiritual successor to Splash. I think it’ll be telling when we find out where they plan on putting Tianas place.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Call it "Took a Pooh in the Bayou"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom