Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Mental gymnastics. And Sorry what’s a Food Cooperative? Maybe I’m stupid.
It's a way milk farmers get around federal anti-trust legislation.

EDIT: This isn't a joke, that's literally what it is. The Capper-Volstead Act is a carve-out for agricultural producers from the Sherman Antitrust Act. It's illegal for GM and Ford to get together and fix the price of cars, but it's perfectly legal for Farmer Joe and Farmer Bob to get together to fix the price of butter.

tanc

Holy crap, that news from OC is crazy, if they implicitly stated there is no friends from the other side, that is a massive disappointment if it turns out. I mean, the song literally has "ARE YOU READY???" in it. If they really could not find a way to incorporate that, then what is WDI anymore.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Holy crap, that news from OC is crazy, if they implicitly stated there is no friends from the other side, that is a massive disappointment if it turns out. I mean, the song literally has "ARE YOU READY???" in it. If they really could not find a way to incorporate that, then what is WDI anymore.
WDI didn't design this ride.

Dear Prudence

Mental gymnastics. And Sorry what’s a Food Cooperative? Maybe I’m stupid.
It sounds like the most Portland 2022, not 1922. Food cooperatives weren't that popular until the 1960's.

Listen, there were a lot of glorious and incredible real life Black-owned businesses in the 1920's, chefs, cooks, stories, etc, they could have pulled from. It's so weird to be so try-hard with hardly doing anything at all!!!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Lots of initial thoughts..

1. model is giving me Disney Springs vibes in Florida, and i'm actually for it. Loved the nighttime sample.
2. Contrary to popular opinion, I am HAPPY they're not ending it with friends on the other side. I don't want more familiarity, i'm hoping for more original compositions. I'll hold a hint of optimism that Tony Baxter's consulting brought about some ideas as to how it can still be an IP but have original ideas as well.
3. "employee owned" seriously? Yeah save grace huh Disney.
4. Eudora's boutique - not surprised. Gotta $$$ from that IP. Here we go $9 bags of famous amos or chips ahoy cookies.

mickEblu

If I were to chat with you about Food Coops, it would only be done after I Wiki'd it so I'd know what I was talking about. ;)

So if you were sitting with friends and someone mentioned something you’d never heard of before you would stay quiet and Google it first before saying anything or asking? Interesting

Nland316

Removing the tree makes sense given the story line they're using. This also answers the "no mountains in New Orleans" question, which I'm ok with.
I just hate that they got rid of something that would have been fun and iconic for the structure to give itself a new visual identity apart from Splash. All for the sake of maintaining the realism in their narrative.

This exact thinking is what made GE a dud by being so consumed into their own strict timeline and rules they’re imposing on themselves.

Suspirian

I just hate that they got rid of something that would have been fun and iconic for the structure to give itself a new visual identity apart from Splash. All for the sake of maintaining the realism in their narrative.

This exact thinking is what made GE a dud by being so consumed into their own strict timeline and rules they’re imposing on themselves.

I get not including the boat, but they could have still kept the tree! Or at least a different weenie entirly. I dont dislike the water tower its a cute little detail but it does feel like the mountain is missing something on top of it.

mickEblu

Agree with the sentiment but in this case wasn’t a fan of the boat in the tree. Too cartoony for West side of the park. Would have been ok with the Tree by itself

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom