Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

DavidDL

Ideally I wouldn’t want what’s there to be replaced at all but if I had to choose a restaurant to lose for Tiana’s Palace, I think I’d go with Cafe Orleans.

Only because I never get to eat there. It’s one of those spots where walk ups seem to never be available and Arceus knows snagging reservations for spontaneous trips to the park is a pain.

If I’m not mistaken, they already have the two frogs from the film in a window display just outside the exit of Pirates for Cafe Orleans, right? Seems like a pretty safe bet.

I’d rather leave French Market untouched because it’s easier for me to just walk in and enjoy. Plus, when Mansion becomes Holiday, I enjoy the Nightmare decor, themed food and general music and ambiance while dining and staring out at the Mansion and courtyard.

britain

I like the water tower, and I don't mind removing the tree, in theory. But doesn't this kind of... I dunno, maybe I'm just seeing things...

1662736642298.png

1662736767354.png

Unfortunately, those appear to be Mama Odie's colored glass bottles inside the cave, not Dr. Facilier's ghosts.

Not that he couldn't appear earlier. I'd think they'd be fools to ignore "Friends on the Other Side" just because of silly 'canon timeline.' But they've been foolish like that before.

mickEblu

I’d be ok with them closing Club 33 and putting Tianas Place in there. What? I don’t ever get to go there anyway. I haven’t been there since I was 6. It’s weird that I remember eating there at that age as a kid it’s just a boring restaurant. The fancy carrots! That’s why I remember it.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I’d be ok with them closing 33 and putting Tianas Place in there. What? I don’t ever get to go there anyway. I haven’t been there since I was 6. It’s weird that I remember eating there at that age as a kid it’s just a boring restaurant. The fancy carrots! That’s why remember it.
As long as they do it before my visit. I’m supposed to be dining at 33 next month, if all goes according to plan.

mickEblu

Ideally I wouldn’t want what’s there to be replaced at all but if I had to choose a restaurant to lose for Tiana’s Palace, I think I’d go with Cafe Orleans.

Only because I never get to eat there. It’s one of those spots where walk ups seem to never be available and Arceus knows snagging reservations for spontaneous trips to the park is a pain.

If I’m not mistaken, they already have the two frogs from the film in a window display just outside the exit of Pirates for Cafe Orleans, right? Seems like a pretty safe bet.

I’d rather leave French Market untouched because it’s easier for me to just walk in and enjoy. Plus, when Mansion becomes Holiday, I enjoy the Nightmare decor, themed food and general music and ambiance while dining and staring out at the Mansion and courtyard.

Sound reasoning. I’d also add that if it goes in Cafe Orleans it would also see the least amount of change. Hungry Bear would require too much work and French Market isn’t set up for it. It has to be Cafe Orleans.

Rich T

The story takes place after the movie. Facilier is gone by the end of the movie.

We shall see.
Tiana’s world is one in which people turn into animals, alligators can play trumpets and evil spirits can walk the earth.

But, I agree, let’s see what happens. Given that this company just released a movie where Pinocchio waterskis, I’ll be happy if this ride’s storyline is one step above “incoherent.”

DavidDL

The story takes place after the movie. Facilier is gone by the end of the movie.

We shall see.

While 100% true, he’s gone to “the other side”. If somehow we end up on the other side as well, even briefly for storyline sake, I don’t think it’d be too far fetched to see him again. Maybe the second major drop into the laughing place becomes the “other side” and we’re brought back just before the final lift into a Mama Odie segment?

Wishful thinking on my part since there’s concept art of Tiana in a boat suspiciously similar to the one currently used in the laughing place.. just saying that technically, we don’t know how things are going for the Doctor over there. :p

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Tiana’s world is one in which people turn into animals, alligators can play trumpets and evil spirits can walk the earth.

But, I agree, let’s see what happens. Given that this company just released a movie where Pinocchio waterskis, I’ll be happy if this ride’s storyline is one step above “incoherent.”
Well, you could almost say that about any animated movie, but when characters die, they tend to stay dead. Unless Facilier isn’t dead.

tanc

I wonder if this is Disney being cheap or if the integrity of the ride can't withstand a house. Who knows, but seems kinda sad changes they want to implement won't be in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom