Tiana’s Bayou Adventure “You May Get Wet” sign

View attachment 790034
RIP_Artistry.jpg

mickEblu

The difference between the entrance signs is downright depressing;

View attachment 790060

And here's what's in place of the statue they used to have;

View attachment 790061

I just want to add that I’ve never even been to WDW and yet I knew that that “You May Get Wet” sign was beloved by fans. How do you replace it with a flat computer generated sign? What would it take to carve something with Louis getting wet?

bwr827

I agree with the sentiment but this is egregious. That scene is just incompetence. The team was just not good enough. Maybe it’s hard to retrofit one of the most popular attractions of all time especially when you have constraints (some that are self imposed) like not being able to use the best characters/ songs from the movie and having to do it all in existing infrastructure. With all of that said, there is no excuse for some of these things like the scene in question or some of the signage. Then let’s not forget they chose to film a POV and share it with the world a month before the ride opened. That means they were proud of it or at least found it passable. Not sure why some people just can’t call a spade a spade.
You don’t actually seem to agree with the sentiment.

bwr827

It's been nice seeing the forum unite in our disdain for this new iteration. It's so bad that everyone is like wait... if you were gonna gut Splash, you should have done better than this.

This redo doesn't please Splash fans or Tiana fans. It's a lose lose.
As a fan of Tiana’s movie, I’m pleased so far. Looking forward to trying it in person!

bwr827

I love the idea that they decided to give Disney's first African American princess an attraction, but it was The creative team that made the decision to not show Tiana as a princess... she is now just a lady who runs an employee owned foods factory... that needs a band for a party....they have taken away the sweet dreaming girl we loved and replaced her with someone else... older, different dreams...changed.
They never did that to any of the other Disney Princesses... We never saw Cinderella at 35 deciding she wants to be an adventurer.... or Ariel after having kids of her own decide to open a Sailing school... The Princesses, and basically all Disney characters live in the tmelines of their stories....and should.
Change is hard. And your examples are silly — neither Cinderella or Ariel spent their movie pining to do those things. Tiana’s big dream was to run a business.

Disstevefan1

It all makes sense now!

The empty areas in the ride with nothing happening.

The generic intern crafted signage.

THEY RAN OUT OF MONEY!

They are so penny wise and dollar foolish when building a theme park attraction that they are STUCK WITH for decades!

Its too bad they don't fund attractions like they do their movies; a seemingly unlimited money supply, many hundreds of millions dollars, most of the time over budget, with the re writes, re shoots over and over, post production, tens of millions to market a move everyone forgets a month after it leaves the theater.

mickEblu

It all makes sense now!

The empty areas in the ride with nothing happening.

The generic intern crafted signage.

THEY RAN OUT OF MONEY!

They are so penny wise and dollar foolish when building a theme park attraction that they are STUCK WITH for decades!

Its too bad they don't fund attractions like they do their movies; a seemingly unlimited money supply, many hundreds of millions dollars, most of the time over budget, with the re writes, re shoots over and over, post production, tens of millions to market a move everyone forgets a month after it leaves the theater.

That would make some sense of the terrible signage but then again most of the places they put the signage didn’t need any in the first place. So I’m sticking with ineptitude for now.

Disstevefan1

That would make some sense of the terrible signage but then again most of the places they put the signage didn’t need any in the first place. So I’m sticking with ineptitude for now.
Totally agree, they have plenty of ineptitude in TWDC these days.
Maybe both ineptitude and they ran out of money?
Maybe the ineptitude caused them to run out of money, spending in the wrong places?

Sectorkeeper71

Totally agree, they have plenty of ineptitude in TWDC these days.
Maybe both ineptitude and they ran out of money?
Maybe the ineptitude caused them to run out of money, spending in the wrong places?
I don’t think they know how to spend their budgets wisely. I think making more with less is something the new generation of the imagineers never learned from the older ones

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom