Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

Ice Gator

View attachment 789641
This line isn't actually in the ride as far as I can tell, right?
I don't think so which is so weird considering how much the line has been pressed on merch. But this shirt design is great. A week or so ago when I said the poster art for Bayou Adventure is terrible and way too simple- this is what it should have been. Louis and some critters going down the waterfall into the bayou. There's no action or color in the current ride poster.

aladdin2007

1717603072506.png

This is the type of scene that should have been throughout the ride, I just don't get it. Also that merch piece with tiana and naveen standing at the tower could have been a ride scene as well, instead we get no naveen. (not counting barely existing in finale). This is the style and effort the ride should have been populated with, they got everything backwards.

MerlinTheGoat

Okay. I guess they realized it was overkill
1. Walt "Welcome" quote banner
2. Welcome sign on the right
3. Welcome banner above your head.

So it seems they resolved, or temporarily resolved, two of the banners. Removed the first one which you could obviously see and unlit the finale banner.
That finale banner is the only one that sort of "works". It served the same sort of purpose as the one in Splash, welcoming guests to a big party. It also has some attractive and period appropriate fonts for the era. I didn't mind it to be honest.

It's all of the other ones that need to go. At least one of them has been removed (hopefully not temporarily), but that one on the millhouse and ESPECIALLY the one atop at the garden need to be removed.

Kirby86

I don't think so which is so weird considering how much the line has been pressed on merch. But this shirt design is great. A week or so ago when I said the poster art for Bayou Adventure is terrible and way too simple- this is what it should have been. Louis and some critters going down the waterfall into the bayou. There's no action or color in the current ride poster.
So basically they should have done the Splash Mountain art but with Luis instead of the Brers. I don't disagree heck have Tiana be the one riding the flume.

JohnD

Maybe I'm going crazy but I remember seeing a banner in the finale scene as well. I don't think I'm confusing it with Splash's.

I clearly remember a convo about all the banners on here, then when they added the small sign at the entrance to the cave, even more people made jokes about it.
You can barely make out "PRINCESS TIANA AND PRINCE NAVEEN" in the banner at the top of the screen here:

mickEblu

Last edited:

Ice Gator

So basically they should have done the Splash Mountain art but with Luis instead of the Brers. I don't disagree heck have Tiana be the one riding the flume.
Yeah I guess so. Obviously change it up so it’s not identical to Splash’s- but keep it hand drawn and detailed like the rest of the Disney ride posters.

Ik they wanted to go for that art-deco simple look of the early DL rides, but you can tell it’s just a modern ripoff of that style. Theres so much detail and color in Bayou Adventure, and a lot of characters to work with. I think they could have done better and I hope we get some variants of the poster going forward.

Dear Prudence

Idk if this counts as a spoiler, so I'll put it here:

I was looking at a still image of the sitting Tiana animatronic and flabbergasted at how her hand is already coming off, but zoomed in to see she had textured hair. Okay, they get a point for that. 🥺💖✨

mightynine

The banner is real, but for some reason the only source of media where I can find it actually lit up is the publicity photo of the finale that Disney released. It's unlit in Disney's own POV video and every other POV i've found since then. Not sure if the spotlight broke, or if Disney made the conscious decision to switch off the light so guests can't see it. It IS still there in the videos if you look closely, but it's hard to see since it's unlit.

Here's the photo showing it lit up-

View attachment 789650
Oh, does Fleur De Bayou make my eye twitch a little. Louisiana buzzword fill-in-the-blank level.

Tha Realest

The AAs activated by the logs is just so cringe inducing. In this video, the log is waiting to go up into the barn and Tiana is just milling about doing nothing. Once the log is released to go up, she starts talking. "Hey, there ya'll are!" We're right in front of you. Very awkward.

Starts at 13:39

Pirates: You get to interweave into an active cocktail party.

TBA: Our AAs are asleep until they hit a sensor

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Just found out via Tim tracker‘s comment section that there is another Easter egg to splash. Not sure where this is but a commenter pointed out there is a clock somewhere in the attraction. The clock is set to 11:12, song of the south was released on November 12th 1946.

EDIT: The clock is in the first room of the queue with the fox, bear, and rabbit figures.

EDIT #2: The attraction takes place in February of 1927 according to a calendar in the queue.

EDIT #3: On the radio station in the attraction Tiana calls the millhouse the “old mill”.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The AAs activated by the logs is just so cringe inducing. In this video, the log is waiting to go up into the barn and Tiana is just milling about doing nothing. Once the log is released to go up, she starts talking. "Hey, there ya'll are!" We're right in front of you. Very awkward.
Tiana's like a T-Rex. She can only see you if you are moving.

mickEblu

I think this is the easiest fix, and it should be fixed.

Either make it an effect like through the bottle with the fireflies, or we just see shadows of them, or something to sell the concept.

True but how on earth did they think that was good enough to make it into the ride and then get filmed for the POV they released? Replacing it with nothing would be 100x better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom