Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

britain

You have to remember when Big Thunder closes for refurb Tiana’s is going to have very long lines.

Disney will use that as reasoning to call it a massive success and pat themselves on the back.

They will learn nothing and the mediocrity will continue.
Disney already knows this isn’t a massive success. That’s why Bruce Vaughn is Pres. of WDI now.

Really what they’ll look at is the amount of merch bought and the post-vacation chatter online.

In the Parks
No
Speaking of merch, did they cut some fireflies during the lift hill saying, "We know a shortcut!" Because...
1717600052866.png

1717600110270.png

1717600015229.png

This line isn't actually in the ride as far as I can tell, right?

Trauma

The AAs activated by the logs is just so cringe inducing. In this video, the log is waiting to go up into the barn and Tiana is just milling about doing nothing. Once the log is released to go up, she starts talking. Very awkward.

Starts at 13:39

There has to be something wrong. You hear the audio for the previous log loud and clear. Then you just sit there as Tiana stares at you. She then repeats the same audio.

This is something I would expect from a budget ride at an amusement park.

They need to fix this.

MerlinTheGoat

So it's been reported that several banners have been taken down. I think the banner above the barn and the banner just before you go into the final scene. Is this accurate? Is there a more recent POV video that shows this?
The banner outside before entering the finale (the one that had the Walt quote on it) was removed some days ago. Unless something is different today, I believe the other three are still there. I initially thought the banner inside of the finale room had been removed, but I think the camera was just angled downward and made it hard to spot.

Where did you see people saying the mill banner had been removed?

MerlinTheGoat

Well, they need to remove the banner just outside the finale with Walt's quote. It strikes me as tacky. Walt said that as the never-ending state of Disneyland, not for an IP attraction.
That one they DID remove. It has been gone for days and hasn't returned yet as far as i'm aware.

The remaining banners are the one attached to the front of the mill, the one atop the mill lift across the garden, and the one inside of the finale room. I'm not sure if any of those were also removed, they were still there in the POV's from yesterday.

Kirby86

The AAs activated by the logs is just so cringe inducing. In this video, the log is waiting to go up into the barn and Tiana is just milling about doing nothing. Once the log is released to go up, she starts talking. "Hey, there ya'll are!" We're right in front of you. Very awkward.

Yeah seeing her just stare at the wall before the log your in hits the sensor looks odd.

JohnD

That one they DID remove. It has been gone for days and hasn't returned yet as far as i'm aware.

The remaining banners are the one attached to the front of the mill, the one atop the mill lift across the garden, and the one inside of the finale room. I'm not sure if any of those were also removed, they were still there in the POV's from yesterday.
I've looked multiple times, including Disney's original POV. I don't see one inside the finale. I think you're remembering the banner inside the finale for Splash and have just convinced yourself there was one inside for Tiana. There isn't. LOL. Maybe you're referring to the sign on the right just as you go in?

britain

Jedi14

The AAs activated by the logs is just so cringe inducing. In this video, the log is waiting to go up into the barn and Tiana is just milling about doing nothing. Once the log is released to go up, she starts talking. "Hey, there ya'll are!" We're right in front of you. Very awkward.

It seems like that’s more of a problem if there’s a backup of logs.

Ice Gator

Will big thunder or space mountain be next so they can shove in some IP? I’m not kidding here.
Ideally MK's Space should get the Tokyo treatment in 10 or so years from now, but knowing the company I'm sure they'll switch it to Hyperspace Mountain and continue to let it rot like over in Paris.

Worst I can see is scrapping ToT for a Doctor Strange ride. Screens like GOTG M:B and removing the sign for a giant Sanctum Sanctorum emblem.

MerlinTheGoat

I've looked multiple times, including Disney's original POV. I don't see one inside the finale. I think you're remembering the banner inside the finale for Splash and have just convinced yourself there was one inside. There isn't. LOL.
The banner is real, but for some reason the only source of media where I can find it actually lit up is the publicity photo of the finale that Disney released. It's unlit in Disney's own POV video and every other POV i've found since then. Not sure if the spotlight broke, or if Disney made the conscious decision to switch off the light so guests can't see it. It IS still there in the videos if you look closely, but it's hard to see since it's unlit.

Here's the photo showing it lit up-

1717602235780.png

Last edited:

Ice Gator

I've looked multiple times, including Disney's original POV. I don't see one inside the finale. I think you're remembering the banner inside the finale for Splash and have just convinced yourself there was one inside for Tiana. There isn't. LOL. Maybe you're referring to the sign on the right just as you go in?

Maybe I'm going crazy but I remember seeing a banner in the finale scene as well. I don't think I'm confusing it with Splash's.

I clearly remember a convo about all the banners on here, then when they added the small sign at the entrance to the cave, even more people made jokes about it.

JohnD

The banner is real, but for some reason the only source of media where I can find it actually lit up is the publicity photo of the finale that Disney released. It's unlit in Disney's own POV video and every other POV i've found since then. Not sure if the spotlight broke, or if Disney made the conscious decision to switch off the light so guests can't see it. It IS still there in the videos if you look closely, but it's hard to see.

Here's the photo showing it lit up-

View attachment 789650
Okay. I guess they realized it was overkill
1. Walt "Welcome" quote banner
2. Welcome sign on the right
3. Welcome banner above your head.

So it seems they resolved, or temporarily resolved, two of the banners. Removed the first one which you could obviously see and unlit the finale banner.

MerlinTheGoat

Sure. But there was no AA at that lift. Clever idea to put an AA there now but it makes the approach to the AA awkward as boats wait their turn to go up.
There was originally a Brer Frog animatronic in the first lift instead of the mill. Basically a stand-in for Uncle Remus as a "once upon a time" sort of storyteller to get the attraction started. But he was sort of in constant motion and not really syned to passing vehicles. Set to kinda ramble on like an old man, almost to himself rather than just the guests. It wasn't quite as explicit about talking directly to guests as the Tiana one. WDW and Tokyo both had this figure, though Disneyland never did (just a voiceless owl figure in the mill lift).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom