Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

SuddenStorm

Epcot's constant meaningless nods while actively destroying the place has completed gutted my enjoyment of "Easter eggs". Any nods in this just tick me off more.

Splash Mountain was treated horribly in its last years. The time to honor it came and went. References just come across like a cookie cutter thing they do because they expect it to soothe fans.

It's been nice seeing the forum unite in our disdain for this new iteration. It's so bad that everyone is like wait... if you were gonna gut Splash, you should have done better than this.

This redo doesn't please Splash fans or Tiana fans. It's a lose lose.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Which is odd, because Odi herself is scaled as tje sake.size as us in that screen that did not need to be a screen.
She’s looking down at you, so the implication is that she is taller. Agreed though there is probably ways of doing it as a AA. I don’t really mind that screen so much though, it’s really the one in the Laughin Place with Tiana that annoys me more at least on video.

LittleBuford

Splash Mountain and its fans have been run through the grinder the last four years. It became taboo to admit enjoyment of the ride or to express concerns about the new one.
I’m a Splash Mountain fan who professed (rather than admitted) enjoyment of the ride and expressed concerns about the new one, and no-one criticised me for it, much less put me through the grinder.

Brer Panther

Is it just me, or is that Tiana animatronic in the bayou kind of spooky-looking?
Whoops - I meant the Tiana animatronic in the finale. The one in front of Tiana's Palace.
Here's another beef I have: all of the critter animatronics (with the exception of the frogs) are identical in their first and second appearances. I double-checked this, and the animatronics are in the exact same positions in the finale as they are the first time we see them in the bayou. Lazy.
It's just like in the Little Mermaid ride.

TDLFan

I'm amazed this turned out like this. I really thought that with all the negative reaction to Splash closing, Disney would have given this project to their best people, given it a hefty Tokyo sized budget, and really would have proven the public wrong. It was the only option. They had to deliver something really special. Then all those countless videos of them doing research trips, roundtables, artist interviews, getting local musicians, ect. It's unbelievable. Amazing that Joe Rhode brought Africa and Asia to life, and here's a team committed to authenticity and heritage and it's total dross.

Bocabear

with all the AAs, I would say they had a budget, but it looks like the "Design by Committee" demon caused the problems... The storyline is not great, and there is almost nothing about any of this attraction that reminds me of the movie it is drawn from... It is years later, Tiana has become someone else that wants different things, She looks different, The people in the finale don't look familiar because they are so off-model.... I don't know... I don't get it. I would have preferred the book report ride with Facilier and a finale inside Tiana's Palace...or even on the Zipadee Lady... It just looks so crowded and odd to me....and why is Tiana Flailing around in every scene....?

FettFan

Even with all these mistakes, the bones of the attraction are still great.

As much as me and my kids (thanks for the kind words) were unimpressed, this is nowhere near the disaster people are making it out to be.

This is NOT Superstar Limo, folks. It’s not Figment 2.0.

It’s essentially the plot of The Blues Brothers, but done poorly.

So….Tiana’s Blues Brothers 2000.

aladdin2007

with all the AAs, I would say they had a budget, but it looks like the "Design by Committee" demon caused the problems... The storyline is not great, and there is almost nothing about any of this attraction that reminds me of the movie it is drawn from... It is years later, Tiana has become someone else that wants different things, She looks different, The people in the finale don't look familiar because they are so off-model.... I don't know... I don't get it. I would have preferred the book report ride with Facilier and a finale inside Tiana's Palace...or even on the Zipadee Lady... It just looks so crowded and odd to me....and why is Tiana Flailing around in every scene....?
because of that., they are pushing their agendas home that she has to only wear pants, she has to succeed at everything alone, and can't have a man around her. Notice the barely existent naveen is back behind her in the finale and not out front or next to her? The whole thing reeks of agenda pushing.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Surprised they went for so much original music when the film's soundtrack is really its strength and would lend itself great to a ride.

With this and the new story/characters, makes one think they wanted to get away from the original movie as much as possible....perhaps to mute the criticism that they replaced a more culturally authentic ride based on collected slave told tales of Brer Rabbit - with The Frog Prince with from the very German Brothers Grimm.
It never made any sense.

FettFan

because of that., they are pushing their agendas home that she has to only wear pants, she has to succeed at everything alone, and can't have a man around her. Notice the barely existent naveen is back behind her in the finale and not out front or next to her? the whole thing reeks of agenda pushing.

Aye. They should have put Naveen in a red and white striped shirt.

1717679578436.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
and why is Tiana Flailing around in every scene
I think is what happens in AA programming design when the figure doesn't actually have any purpose. If you look at something like Hondo at Smugglers Run, it is an effective figure because he is speaking to the audience and making a presentation, and his movement fits that role. In TBA, the AA programmers really had nothing to work with, other than to make her "look alive," which is how we end up with the flailing.

JohnD

Like they really replaced the vultures with a screen with Mama Odies face. They thought that was ok because they added an AA at the top of the lift hill. That’s not how things work when you are following up a fan favorite classic. You need to add quality where there wasn’t and at least keep it the same where there was.

Then they left the rider to figure out how they re supposed to be feeling until they get to the top of the lift hill. Happiness and celebration was never going to work here. You’re crawling up a lifthill where people are naturally feeling scared/ nervous etc. They needed to either play up the CELEBRATION aspect big time (and pray) or my recommendation would which would be to go with an almost an ethereal, magical route (if Facilier / shadows wasn’t an option). Lots of fog, lots of crazy lighting/ special effects and some trippy music.
One of my main problems with the ride is that there was no one for one replacement of AAs. In the final lift hill, not only were there the vultures at the bottom but Brer Fox and a tied up Brer Rabbit were at the top of the lift hill. So those got replaced with Mama Odie. Fine. But the vultures were replaced by yet another screen.

JohnD

because of that., they are pushing their agendas home that she has to only wear pants, she has to succeed at everything alone, and can't have a man around her. Notice the barely existent naveen is back behind her in the finale and not out front or next to her? The whole thing reeks of agenda pushing.
I discussed "agendas" elsewhere and that got me into trouble. But come on, she's in the bayou. You don't wear a princess dress while in the bayou. You'll wear proper explorer clothes or whatever. So on that front, I don't have a problem with how she's dressed while in the bayou. She's wearing a celebratory dress in the finale. There are just so many other problems with this ride: no story, lots of empty areas, annoying log-activated AAs, etc.

In the Parks
No
I’m a Splash Mountain fan who professed (rather than admitted) enjoyment of the ride and expressed concerns about the new one, and no-one criticised me for it, much less put me through the grinder.

I definitely felt like it was taboo to express concerns about the new one. All one needs to do is look through the hundreds of pages of times I and many others were ganged up on for pointing out what appeared to be stupid things about the new ride...and what do you know? The stupid things really happened! The ride is incredibly flawed. A few great animatronics. A few carbon-copied limited motion figures. A lot of pointless story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom