Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

Epcot '92

The official POV does not do the ride any favors.

I was able to get a night ride last night and I was pleasantly surprised by it. The AAs are very fluid and am happy to see them state side. The screen integration, especially in the laughing place/shrunk down scene works really well as does the screens of the fireflies.

There is however not really any tension when we get to the lift for the drop and there was a missing effect there as well. And the story is one note, just happy all the way through.

However, I would not call the ride boring or any less enjoyable than Splash was. It feels good to have this in the Magic Kingdom and MK feels whole again, for now.

Edit: The flume feels REALLY fast, faster than it ever felt on Splash. They were also loading the first 3 rows only.

Disney Analyst

Not sure where Lentesta is getting there being more characters. There's significantly less than Splash. As for colors, this-

View attachment 789453

Looks quite a bit more colorful and vibrant (and again more populated) than this-

View attachment 789454

The colorfulness does pick up a bit when you get shrunk down at least (though it falters at the final lift again strangely, surprised they didn't have more colored bottles), as well as the finale. But again, the Laughing Place is very empty of characters. The set decoration in Splash also looks more intricately hand crafted and stylized by a Disney animator's hands, instead of a lot of darkly lit store-bought looking greenery. Also looks odd juxtaposed against the brief pockets that contain brightly lit cartoonish characters.

Let’s tag @lentesta and ask him ? Specifically the colourfulness. I don’t find these images meaningful, as the old lighting was going to be captured easier on camera than the new design.

So I’d be more interested in how it looks in real life, which I am sure Len can speak to, based on the photo comparisons you used.

Disstevefan1

Splash was one of MK’s most unreliable rides before it closed, so no surprise to me.
I am super surprised. Well maybe I am naive. I actually thought they modernizing the ride system in addition to to the reskin.

Obviously I was wrong, its apparently the same exact ride tech that has been off/disassembled? for 16 months while they did the reskin, then they put it back together apparently which is worse than before the reskin.

I don't remember Frozen being done so much after the launch of the reskin?

JohnD

Side note, one of the imagineers said that we’d be getting some winks and nods towards what was there before. Aside from Louis emulating Brer Butt before the dip-drop, did anyone notice anything else?
I was wondering if there would be any call back to Splash Mountain. While no leftover AAs or a knowing portrait like Mr. Toad giving the deed to Owl, Mama Odie does say "Splash." Guess that's it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I am super surprised. Well maybe I am naive. I actually thought they modernizing the ride system in addition to to the reskin.

Obviously I was wrong, its apparently the same exact ride tech that has been off/disassembled? for 16 months while they did the reskin, then they put it back together apparently which is worse than before the reskin.

I don't remember Frozen being done so much after the launch of the reskin?
I would be very confident there has been updates to the ride system during the closure.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Let’s tag @lentesta and ask him ? Specifically the colourfulness. I don’t find these images meaningful, as the old lighting was going to be captured easier on camera than the new design.

So I’d be more interested in how it looks in real life, which I am sure Len can speak to, based on the photo comparisons you used.
Yes those comparison images are not of any use. I can easily shoot either Splash or Tiana to make it look like either of those comp images.

This POV we shot is much brighter and closer to the Splash comparison that was shown.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

A further note on the colorfulness. The recent WDI project are all using high powered RGB LEDs that give a much more vibrant look than the legacy attractions that have not been updated.

erstwo

Yes those comparison images are not of any use. I can easily shoot either Splash or Tiana to make it look like either of those comp images.

This POV we shot is much brighter and closer to the Splash comparison that was shown.

Okay - I watched and I LOVE it!

I have never watched a ride video before riding previously (I like to experience it for the first time on the ride) but since I won't be there until fall at the earliest, I had to watch - the ride is so good! Thanks for the low light video!

the_rich

Okay - I watched and I LOVE it!

I have never watched a ride video before riding previously (I like to experience it for the first time on the ride) but since I won't be there until fall at the earliest, I had to watch - the ride is so good! Thanks for the low light video!
You must be being paid by Disney if you liked it. Obviously I'm being sarcastic. Glad you liked it.

Disney Analyst

Like I thought. I am a-okay with all the criticism, everyone is welcome to their opinion Heck, I've ever shared my share of criticism since watching the videos - but I do also want us to be fair, especially if using images that are not comparable, in an environment built for the human eye.

JohnD

My son yesterday after showing him the the POV and telling him it was Disney Worlds version and that they re still working on Disneyland:

“ In ours Tiana is going to be turned into a frog right? “

It’s another that gets downplayed. Kids love people transforming into animals or just transforming into things in general. It’s a big part of what they like about PatF. The execution in the scenes where they shrunk is down is pretty meh and does not compensate.
He brings up a good point. In the shrinking area, are we actually turned into frogs which has the effect of shrinking or just shrunk generally? It really is confusing.

JohnD

How many Tiana AAs are in this ride? 5? 3 would have been just fine. Why not 3 and then use that extra money for more critters and some actual AAs that don’t just rock back and forth?
5. 1) Barn Lift 2) First Band 3) Second Band 4) Lost in Thought Tiana until the log arrives 5) Final Scene. And one very annoying screen of her and Louis bobbing their heads up and down. So 6 Tiana's including the screen.

JohnD

I've seen more videos, and this ride is truly awful. In the beginning, you go through the flume and to your left is this huge black board with badly-painted vegetables on it. It just sticks up like a wood fence on one side of the flume while the other side is open. Its placement makes no sense whatsoever, plus it's hideous.
I agree with your thoughts overall. I'll just point out that the wall was already there. Previously, it was just a plain wooden wall. The reason we never noticed it before is because it blended in with the barn. Now it stands out like a sore thumb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom