Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

CampbellzSoup

so they didn’t use a villain or a man as that would get in the way of a woman of colors story as I’ve been reading??? That’s so lame Tiana deserved better thank god her movie is awesome

JohnD

So I watched Splash and Tiana back to back. Where Splash had figures everywhere including the ceiling, whether AAs or stationary, Tiana only has them in several areas grouped together. Space in-between is either foliage or screens. There's already been discussion about the story or lack thereof. It could have been so much better. Well, I'll ride it in October and enjoy it for what it is, mostly because it's still the same log flume ride system.

ChrisM

I watched the 360 video and now I'm not changing my mind in any way: the downgrade is heartbreaking. There is SO much empty space. There's nothing to spoil: we're going to the party. Yay! Let's go to the party! Ad nauseum.

So sort of like "Fast & Furious" at Universal Studios? (Except on that ride you never really end up at a party.)

JohnD

It is without a doubt, the most boring E ticket at Disney World. I can't think of another E ticket that has more cringey dialogue, and the screen use in some scenes is in poor taste as well.
Poor use of screens, of course. I didn't see "poor taste", though. I'm guessing you meant the former.

JohnD

Any thoughts on TBA still considered as a "Disney Mountain" anymore? It feels as the drop into the Bayou doesn't seem as thrilling since you don't have something poking at you as you drop down making this feel more Fantasyland-esque..IMO we lost a Mountain and it's back to the 2 original Space & Big Thunder..
Yes. It's no longer a "mountain". The lift and drop are just an effect to make you larger again. While you actually drop, for purposes of the ride storyline, it's not really there.

JohnD

Rode this morning, apparently before the first long break-down of the day.

A couple of things:
  • The ride's not operating anywhere close to its capacity. Not sure if this is just how they want to test, or whether this is where the ride needs to run so it doesn't shut down constantly. I'm assuming that'll get adjusted over time.

• The set decor is, to me, better than Splash. More landscaping. More characters. More colors. It's a prettier ride.

• It seems like it's going to look great at night.
The group I rode with had a spirirted discussion about the ride story afterward. I thought it was fine. Others thought it had some gaps or fell short.
Of course, I can only comment on videos. It sure looks nice inside but still too much empty space whether foliage or screens. In Splash, there was always something going on, even in the ceiling.

MerlinTheGoat

Not sure where Lentesta is getting there being more characters. There's significantly less than Splash. As for colors, this-

1717520502338.png

Looks quite a bit more colorful and vibrant (and again more populated) than this-

1717520534520.png

The colorfulness does pick up a bit when you get shrunk down at least (though it falters at the final lift again strangely, surprised they didn't have more colored bottles), as well as the finale. But again, the Laughing Place is very empty of characters. The set decoration in Splash also looks more intricately hand crafted and stylized by a Disney animator's hands, instead of a lot of darkly lit store-bought looking greenery. Also looks odd juxtaposed against the brief pockets that contain brightly lit cartoonish characters.

eddie104

Not sure where Lentesta is getting there being more characters. There's significantly less than Splash. As for colors, this-

View attachment 789453

Looks quite a bit more colorful and vibrant (and again more populated) than this-

View attachment 789454

The set decoration in Splash also looks more intricately hand crafted and stylized by a Disney animator's hands, instead of a lot of darkly lit store-bought looking greenery. Also looks odd juxtaposed against the brief pockets that contain brightly lit cartoonish characters.
Dude we get it you hate this attraction but why continue the comparisons?

They are not going for the same settings and yes the design of Splash is from a completely different era.

MerlinTheGoat

Dude we get it you hate this attraction but why continue the comparisons?
Golly, I just couldn't really tell you why people are comparing a replacement to its predecessor, sure is a mystery...

Len also compared the attraction to its predecessor in his impressions. Are you going to attack him for that too? I don't know why you're jumping down MY throat in particular.

They are not going for the same settings and yes the design of Splash is from a completely different era.
None of this has any relevance to anything I said. I said that the sets in Splash looked more colorful and were hand crafted by someone with experience in traditional animation (or at least knew better how to translate animation into a physical environment). Appropriate to the source material's art.

Princess and the Frog is ALSO a vibrant traditionally hand drawn animated film. The difference is that Splash actually felt like its scenery was designed to look like an animated film. Particularly a hand drawn one. TBA's scenery both on the exterior as well as those initial interior scenes is a mishmash comprised of a few brightly lit corners with a handful of suitably cartoony characters, but then the rest being mostly darkly lit realistic looking greenery.

It again becomes more appropriately colorful and stylized when you are shrunk (there are different major problems in those scenes, but at least it forced them to create some more hand-crafted stylized props that fit better with an animated film). The finale is also colorful and at least better filled out with characters than the rest of the ride (as disappointing as most of the figures move), though again with the same artistic mishmash of realistic juxtaposed against animated.

Last edited:

eddie104

Golly, I just couldn't really tell you why people are comparing a replacement to its predecessor, sure is a mystery...

Len also compared the attraction to its predecessor in his impressions. Are you going to attack him for that too? I don't know why you're jumping down MY throat in particular.

None of this has any relevance to anything I said. I said that the sets in Splash looked more colorful and were hand crafted by someone with experience in traditional animation (or at least knew better how to translate animation into a physical environment). Appropriate to the source material's art.

Princess and the Frog is ALSO a vibrant traditionally hand drawn animated film. The difference is that Splash actually felt like its scenery was designed to feel like an animated film. TBA's scenery both on the exterior as well as those initial interior scenes is a mishmash comprised of a few brightly lit corners with a handful of cartoony characters, but then the rest being mostly darkly lit realistic looking greenery.

It again gets a bit more stylized when you are shrunk (there are different major problems in those scenes, but at least it forced them to create some more hand-crafted stylized props that fit better with an animated film). The finale is also colorful, though again with the same artistic mishmash of realistic juxtaposed against animated.
I wasn’t trying to attack you for your opinion but honestly some people need to take a break and give themselves a chance to breathe.

I had to give myself a chance to process this attraction as well and didn’t have nearly the connection to Splash that some people did.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Previews not going well today, telling people to come back after 4 PM.
I'm really surprised about the reliability issues. I'm assuming its ride system problems, as we saw previews continue with AA issues. Things will need to rapidly improve before the AP previews start, as those guests will not be as accommodating as the CMs.

davis_unoxx

I'm really surprised about the reliability issues. I'm assuming its ride system problems, as we saw previews continue with AA issues. Things will need to rapidly improve before the AP previews start, as those guests will not be as accommodating as the CMs.
I'm thinking if it seems to be down the majority of the time, this might take a few months to tinker and fix?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom