Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

mickEblu

So the dislikes are 2,000 likes ahead now on YouTube. I wonder if there is anyway to compare what the reaction of TOT to MB was? I don’t think they released an official POV for that though. This is all so unprecedented. I’m really curious to see how they respond or if they do at all.

sedati

I wonder if the lighting inside might change from day to night depending on the time of day. Either way, fans of Maelstrom must be happy to have the Odín eye effect back on a lift hill.

zipadee999

sorry if this was asked already, but has anyone noticed any nods to SM on this ride? imagineers usually put some kind of nod on a new attraction to honor what it replaced. i just don’t have the urge to go back & watch the video at this time.
I think Louis sticking out of the tree trunk before the dip-drop is supposed to be a reference to Brer Bear.

They could’ve done a lot more to pay their respects though, especially with how much of a disservice TBA is to Splash and the PATF brand

doctornick

Would Disney admit they failed and fix their mistakes? They could fix 80% of the issues with this ride for relatively cheap.
At this point, I legitimately think they don’t even have people at WDI who know how to make a truly excellent ride. Like it’s not the money or space or time or whatever that limits things - it’s a lack of ability to be good at storytelling. Even if they acknowledge issues with this ride, I don’t think they would be able to “fix” it.

RSoxNo1

Some queue photos courtesy of Virtual WDW
436551260_1615202215982782_1892113862067545233_n.jpg
442561775_803297468418333_5173447648314789044_n.jpg
442561813_1499253587610783_610704525652848832_n.jpg
445674973_1251872792454569_8414460512099000839_n.jpg
445867012_878474900964121_8183182588121143342_n.jpg

Tha Realest

Tony Baxter was a creative advisor on this attraction and I doubt he had any real input. Imagineering probably showed him all their ideas and designs and he felt he couldn’t say anything negative so he just would smile and say “oh yea that’s good”.
Probably also contractually prohibited from talking about it (non-disparagement clause in his contract, which is why you don’t hear too many interviews by Chapek spilling the beans)

mickEblu

The YouTube comments are repeating everything I’ve been saying for years. They are not giving the fans what they want. Why did they refuse to give the fans what they wanted? They re obviously not stupid. They had to have seen this coming. Can anyone say Facilier was an option for the ride with a straight face? He was never an option but he would have solved a lot of their problems. They didn’t pass on him for the crappy shrinking down and lift hill scenes.They didn’t use him because he’s “problematic.” The crazy part is some shadows and the song would have been enough but you know now everything has to be six degrees from problematic proof. Anyway it wouldn’t have saved the ride on its own but it would have helped a lot.

BasiltheBatLord

Anybody think there is a real possibility they might alter the final lift hill in the future?

Some may say that Disney doesn't pay attention to online criticism, but it seems that they did when they made the changes to Under the Sea not too long after opening.

Tha Realest

Anybody think there is a real possibility they might alter the final lift hill in the future?

Some may say that Disney doesn't pay attention to online criticism, but it seems that they did when they made the changes to Under the Sea not too long after opening.
I don’t know. The imagineers are clearly enamored with the sixth or seventh most intriguing character in the film, as she has at least two AAs and appears twice on screens during the final sequence. Plus she has her own hot sauce!

erstwo

The storyline and flow are actually really nice. I still think I would’ve preferred a Book Report esque version, but definitely don’t mind the direction they went. The scenery is gorgeous. A bit empty in some spots, but I think it works for this attraction.

My main standout thought:

- Why is Ray’s singing voice heard if this is a sequel to the movie? This isn’t a complaint from my end since I actually prefer this this, but it kinda throws out any argument they had for Facilier not being in the ride.

- Even though the song renditions are great, I kind of wish it had bolder sounding arrangements in some areas. When you hear Splash’s soundtrack (specifically on the DL side) it has “grand” and “zippy” moments opposed to where Tiana’s is more “mellow” sounding I guess? I would’ve loved an over the top show moment for Dig a Little Deeper the way it is in the movie for instance.

- I really wish they played Dig a Little Deeper all the way until you actually drop. Keep the momentum going. Mama Odie could’ve given story dialogue prior.

- Social media comments prove my point — not having Facilier / Friends From the Other Side on the ride was really a loss.

- I’m predicting I will like DL’s version more. Their faster ride system will add some fun energy.

Overall I think the attraction is beautiful, and a pretty solid upgrade from Splash. Splash of course is iconic, but this is a worthy successor. You could prefer Splash, but it doesn’t deserve the gross levels of racially motivated scrutiny that we see.

I thought this the entire time I was watching the ride. Love Ray, but really throws out the reason for Facilier.
I always assumed Facilier isn’t in the ride for the same reason Splash had to be replaced- political things.

One side wanted Splash gone - the other would say Disney is pushing an alt-religion on their children if Facilier was featured (even in a bad light). These are the children (now parents themselves) whose own parents thought if they read Harry Potter and it would lead to a whole generation practicing witchcraft. It’s a little much for me - but I can see the headlines of certain news places in my mind ‘Disney pushes vodoo on children’ 🫠 - anything for a click these days!

mickEblu

I don’t know. The imagineers are clearly enamored with the sixth or seventh most intriguing character in the film, as she has at least two AAs and appears twice on screens during the final sequence. Plus she has her own hot sauce!

Thank you. I was just asking my wife, what business does she have getting so much shine? Whoever cared about her this much? They just had to run with the non problematic character who does Magic I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom