Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

Animaniac93-98

I'm just so glad they made this 30 minute video describing all of the authenticity going into this ride's creation. It really sets it apart.

In hindsight, the PR for this attraction was more interesting than the ride itself.

On one hand, it's nice that they hired local talent, did their research, and wanted to highlight those things, but they're so unrelated, or at least disconnected from the bulk of the ride, it's puzzling they even went to that effort.

I'm hoping the musicians at least recorded the on ride music and not just the queue loop.

MK-fan

I’m just awe struck at what Disney thinks they can get away with these days and it’s a lot. They can put out a subpar attraction and we complain and nothing happens. Please don’t put out a subpar attraction in the first place and no one will have a pot to pi*s in when it comes to what lack of imagination on this ride. We spend so much money to go to these parks only to have to put up with half as*ed updates like this. I get that Splash is controversial but if you’re gonna put money into an update, you might as well make it rain and do it right.

The story is the worst kind of simplistic to say the least, the outdoor portion is empty and uninspired, the critter animatronics are glorified “back and forth” animatronics, the shrinking scene is pointless and adds nothing, the most prolific scene which is the waterfall climax is completely neutered and the pacing in the middle of the ride is awful. The only thing that’s great about the ride is the end scene, no pun intended.

Disney is just going through the motions with rides nowadays and that’s just sad because Disney fans are a rare breed in which they are super faithful to the brand and to take a breathtaking E-Ticket attraction and change it a D-Ticket mishmash of sorts is a low blow. Just when you think they might do right by us, they don’t and it’s utterly heartbreaking and disappointing.

brb1006

The online reactions to the POV footage of this ride from Japanese Disney Fans was unsurprisingly negative and weren't impressed (at least a few that I stumbled upon). They been dunking hard on this attraction all day.

This scene from Spongebob Squarepants sums up the reception Japanese Disney fans are feeling towards Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

MouseEarsMom33

For all the comments that Disney now has time to fix their version, it doesn't matter. Should they...yes. will they...no. (Maybe I will think differently when I ride in person).

Everything people are complaining about has been mentioned as worries since details were announced and spoilers started coming out. But Disney didn't care. They could have course corrected. Instead, they opened up early.

There was a fake PATF POV that came out right before they announced the change of Splash Mountain. There were so many positive reviews, especially with Friends on the Other Side as the lift hill song. It was AMAZING. It was PERFECT. I was kind of excited when they announced the change as the lift had a lot of potential.

Honestly, now I am not an imagineer so I really don't know how easy something is. But I could get over the Disney Junior story line if they made "easy" tweaks to the Laughing Place and hill. 1) Swap out the two Mama Odie screens with Dr. Facilier. Change the lighting to be a bit more shadowy, have the Tiana/Louis screen say something like "oh no! What are we going to do". Friends from the Other side plays on the lift hill (Disney can even save time by putting movie soundtrack in lol) and then the Mama Odie saves the day at the end. You get some sparkle right before the logs go over the hill. 2) Another easier alternative is just swap Dr.Faciier for the last Mama Odie screen and focus on the lift hill. As long as they use Friends on the Other side, it will make a major difference.

Disney could even avoid admitting they made a mistake by making this first a Halloween overlay and then keeping it permanent because of how much people love it.

mickEblu

Also, I was very excited after the We Call It Imagineering episode. What they showed was good. I thought they were keeping the really good stuff from us. Didn't realize they just cut out the empty pieces of the ride.

Lol exactly. That’s why I wasn’t so hard on it. I thought ok the finale is a downgrade but it’s Ok and I expected it. I figured the parts they kept from us were better than what they showed. When I saw the lift hill featured in the Disney parks Instagram post this morning I realized this was going to be worse than I thought. When I saw the full POV I just couldnt believe it was that bad.

yensidtlaw1969

How is that terrible faith? Seems plausible to me. Also let's not pretend that's what you meant by "terrible faith." You're referring to my comments on the attraction. Lastly, what kind of response do you expect from people after you personally attack them? People aren’t stupid and can tell when someone is being genuine as all my posts are. You are starting to sound desperate.
I'm referring to exactly what I said, and pretending otherwise is an example of the bad faith you claim to be disputing. You're not beating those allegations dude, sorry.

You somehow blissfully forget that you personally attacked me first (and others - and many times on these boards!), so what do YOU expect?

You earn your own reputation, bud. Maybe do better?

mickEblu

I'm referring to exactly what I said, and pretending otherwise is an example of the bad faith you claim to be disputing. You're not beating those allegations dude, sorry.

You somehow blissfully forget that you personally attacked me first (and others - and many times on these boards!), so what do YOU expect?

You earn your own reputation, bud. Maybe do better?

I'm lost man. I left a review on the ride and you personally attacked me. Let's just move on. I never attack first but I also don't take crap. I apologize if I ever said anything to you to make you this upset.

BasiltheBatLord

I hope he gets around to writing a book detailing his career, with some thoughts on the state of Modern WDI
There was a podcast a few months back (sorry I don’t have the link) where he gave his thoughts on the Splash Mountain removal. He said there was nothing in Splash that was offensive to anybody and that they worked with the NAACP when developing Splash to ensure that.

SuddenStorm

There was a podcast a few months back (sorry I don’t have the link) where he gave his thoughts on the Splash Mountain removal. He said there was nothing in Splash that was offensive to anybody and that they worked with the NAACP when developing Splash to ensure that.

I linked that podcast in one of the Splash threads. It's excellent, and a must listen- especially now that we can see what he was alluding to when mentioning his concerns about the new version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom