Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

MadderAdder

As someone who has not seen PATF, I'll chime in for just a bit. The first time I watched this, I was confused as to what the story actually was, probably by not being able to understand all of the audio. However, I was very 'meh'.

The second time through, I watched it with my girls (12/10) and while I understood the "plot" better, I was even more 'meh'.

The third time, I watched it with my wife and she didn't like it either. All of their reactions were....it's boring and the story is lame. Not only that, but it took me at least twice through to understand what was happening with the shrinking part.

Like others, I will echo that it seems like it LOOKS nice, ala Navi, which I also find very boring, but pretty. However, this is probably going to be another one like Navi for me, where it's just not worth the long lines that will form, to actually sit through this more than once.

However, this saddens me for another reason that has nothing to do with the ride IP. Someone earlier in the thread was referencing modern Disney and their lack of 'caring' or effort. They've had THIS on the drawing board for 3+ years? Modern Disney management just doesn't see to be putting in the effort that decades ago made Disney...DISNEY. They just think that they can slap an IP on something and present a mediocre product.
If you do ever watch PATF (and you should!) you’ll be even more disappointed. PATF would’ve done very well as a book report ride..

UNCgolf

I find the comparisons to Na'vi a bit strange, in that I think the setting/staging in Na'vi is much, much better than what's on display in Tiana.

Na'vi works because it's beautiful. It feels like you're actually on a river in an alien jungle; the screens/projections enhance it because they make the jungle feel alive. I don't get that impression from Tiana.

Admittedly that isn't the point of Tiana as an attraction -- it's about Tiana, the band, etc. rather than about the setting itself like in Na'vi -- but I don't think they're really comparable from a set standpoint (and I don't think Splash's sets were comparable to NRJ's either, but they weren't the point of Splash either).

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Turns out, this guy DID know what we were getting. I had a hunch when I saw the expression on his face all those months ago...
1717280905815.png

Animaniac93-98

Wild how Disney wrote the Silmarillion on Tiana's Foods, plastered it all over the exterior, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the ride, or is acknowledged in any capacity. Not even referenced in passing or used as a backdrop for any scene.

And yet it was the primary focus of the ride's early marketing?

Tha Realest

Wild how Disney wrote the Silmarillion on Tiana's Foods, plastered it all over the exterior, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the ride, or is acknowledged in any capacity. Not even referenced in passing or used as a backdrop for any scene.

And yet it was the primary focus of the ride's early marketing?
The marketing thus far has been a bunch of travelogues, and more recently, a video where PJ Morton dances on top of a white piano while his alma mater’s high school band plays nearby before a drone camera flies up to the new “mountain.”

That is, before today, where they unceremoniously dropped a POV ride through on a Saturday morning on their YT channel.

yensidtlaw1969

I just find it wild how many people on here these days get downright nasty towards anyone who dislikes anything.

Personally I mostly just stalk these forums, I enjoy reading other peoples opinions, of course I have my own opinions too but most of the time someone else has already posted something that more or less says exactly what I’d write so I don’t post.

What I can’t stand though is others jumping down a posters throat because they dare dislike something. The whole point of this website is to discuss things. Naturally people will disagree, but the name calling and anger towards people who happen to not like something is outrageous.
Since you seem to want to keep going on this, I guess I should clarify that I'm not super liking the ride.

My response to mickEblu had nothing to do with the quality of the ride or him disliking it and everything to do with the way he's choosing to engage in terrible faith with people on these boards. He makes enemies and then cries that he has them. You'd think getting blocked from threads multiple times might make him consider if he's the problem, but apparently not.

He's free to dislike what he wants, his taste means little to me. It's his behavior I take issue with and clearly he's not stopping.

mickEblu

Since you seem to want to keep going on this, I guess I should clarify that I'm not super liking the ride.

My response to mickEblu had nothing to do with the quality of the ride or him disliking it and everything to do with the way he's choosing to engage in terrible faith with people on these boards. He makes enemies and then cries that he has them. You'd think getting blocked from threads multiple times might make him consider if he's the problem, but apparently not.

He's free to dislike what he wants, his taste means little to me. It's his behavior I take issue with and clearly he's not stopping.

Where's your review? I'm waiting with baited breath. Also back up your claim that I'm engaging in terrible faith.

wdrive

This seems poor, I often use my parents as examples for the average guest, they would not have any idea what was going on in this ride or who any of the characters are.

Long term where do we think this lies? Is it a Journey into Imagination downgrade?

the_rich

This seems poor, I often use my parents as examples for the average guest, they would not have any idea what was going on in this ride or who any of the characters are.

Long term where do we think this lies? Is it a Journey into Imagination downgrade?
My mother had no idea who the characters were in splash either, neither did my sister as a matter of fact. Didn't stop them enjoying the ride.

pigglewiggle

There’s plenty of negative commentary about the ride already currently going on but I would like to hear the perspective of someone who liked it. Please give reasons why and what you liked about it.

Why would someone do that on this site. They will be ridiculed, called names, condescended to and then just ignored.

Sounds fun!

wdrive

Personally, I’ve only seen you throwing insults and haven’t noticed the other user do anything out of line, not that I’ve seen everything on these forums though.

yensidtlaw1969

Where's your review? I'm waiting with baited breath. Also back up your claim that I'm engaging in terrible faith.
Making basless comments about me like "Who knows what his affiliation with the company is or why he reacted like that today? Maybe he’s just sad his “friends” $hit the bed and I’m just the face of all the negative reviews he chose to lash out at" seems like a decent start. Or did you think that somehow disproved my point?

My review is coming, feel free to hold your breath.

UNCgolf

I don't think it's nearly as big a downgrade as Journey into Imagination.

Tiana doesn't like a great ride, nor it is very comparable to what existed before, but it seems okay. It wouldn't be an awful addition as a new attraction. Both of the Journey into Imagination follow-ups are just outright bad (I also think the original JII was an even better attraction than Splash, so I suppose that's also a factor).

Last edited:

mickEblu

Making basless comments about me like "Who knows what his affiliation with the company is or why he reacted like that today? Maybe he’s just sad his “friends” $hit the bed and I’m just the face of all the negative reviews he chose to lash out at" seems like a decent start. Or did you think that somehow disproved my point?

My review is coming, feel free to hold your breath.

How is that terrible faith? Seems plausible to me. Also let's not pretend that's what you meant by "terrible faith." You're referring to my comments on the attraction. Lastly, what kind of response do you expect from people after you personally attack them? People aren’t stupid and can tell when someone is being genuine as all my posts are. You are starting to sound desperate.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Why would someone do that on this site. They will be ridiculed, called names, condescended to and then just ignored.

Sounds fun!
Where did anyone call people names for liking what they've seen? I think it's called having an unpopular opinion. I'm glad you like what you see. I don't like what I see, and that's ok. For some reason I got banned from the other thread, but I do not engage in name-calling or "gotcha!" tactics. I haven't really seen that from other people either. I do make a lot of jokes, and then people get mad about the jokes I make. But they're never directed at anyone.

pigglewiggle

Where did anyone call people names for liking what they've seen? I think it's called having an unpopular opinion. I'm glad you like what you see. I don't like what I see, and that's ok. For some reason I got banned from the other thread, but I do not engage in name-calling or "gotcha!" tactics. I haven't really seen that from other people either. I do make a lot of jokes, and then people get mad about the jokes I make. But they're never directed at anyone.

I'm not going back to find examples that include other topics besides this ride, but you can trust me, it happens.

Animaniac93-98

It wouldn't be an awful addition as a new attraction.

That's how I feel.

If this were a new boat ride on its own, with equally good AAs and the same catchy song, I would actually like it more than most of the newer rides added to WDW. Especially after this trend of short roller coasters that are not worth the wait.

But this is a lesser version of Splash, with no gain in capacity or overall ride time in the park.

This should have been a new build. And if they were set on changing Splash's story, they should have done something else that physically and thematically fit this location and building in WDW. The end result stretches the concept, figures and scenery too thin and doesn't fit this ride layout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom