Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
The same definition that brought Splash's count to 100+ (very generous).
I would say if the mouths move and "sound is coming out" then it's an AA. When a bear is rocking back and forth with a log trumpet, it doesn't count.

I wouldn't say Splash had 100+ (at least not WDW's), but by my recollection it had far more than what TBA has.

Disney Glimpses

I would say if the mouths move and "sound is coming out" then it's an AA. When a bear is rocking back and forth with a log trumpet, it doesn't count.

I wouldn't say Splash had 100+ (at least not WDW's), but by my recollection it had far more than what TBA has.
I don't think we should use the generous count. The actual count for WDW Splash is somewhere between 50 and 60. The actual count for this is somewhere between 12 and 16. The use of limited motion figures is far more prevalent in the retheme.
Yeah, that's fair. Very unfortunate that those seem to be reserved for prominent moments only where in Splash they were everywhere.

Still probably the most we will get in a modern Disney attraction though 😅

mickEblu

Just want to remind everyone that those sets of rocking figures all got their own parks blog post! Lol

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Holy cow I forgot about this.

Once it's open and we get more ride throughs and photos- it'll be a blast comparing the final project to all of their marketing.
Are they making trading cards of them too or did I imagine that in a dream? Am I dreaming right now? Will I wake up and it's 2019?

mickEblu

Time for some positivity. There's one thing we don't know yet. What is going in that new tunnel in Disneyland's version? That might be the key to this whole thing.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Time for some positivity. There's one thing we don't know yet. What is going in that new tunnel in Disneyland's version? That might be the key to this whole thing.
Probably some plants. Or maybe an amazing animatronic of this guy:
1717279498609.png

I'm hoping for the latter. He seems like he could turn this whole thing around.

SpaceMountainUK

I feel like the whole section where we get shrunk down could easily have a Halloween overlay. There is a screen of Mama Odie before the drop that could be swapped for Dr Facilier the whole section after that is screens which could be swapped out for different animation/audio, throw in some projection mapping to the black light sets. Then we don’t see an actual AA Mama Odie until the top of the drop which could be where we are saved from the shadow people…fixed it! Hah

granfiesta

As someone who has not seen PATF, I'll chime in for just a bit. The first time I watched this, I was confused as to what the story actually was, probably by not being able to understand all of the audio. However, I was very 'meh'.

The second time through, I watched it with my girls (12/10) and while I understood the "plot" better, I was even more 'meh'.

The third time, I watched it with my wife and she didn't like it either. All of their reactions were....it's boring and the story is lame. Not only that, but it took me at least twice through to understand what was happening with the shrinking part.

Like others, I will echo that it seems like it LOOKS nice, ala Navi, which I also find very boring, but pretty. However, this is probably going to be another one like Navi for me, where it's just not worth the long lines that will form, to actually sit through this more than once.

However, this saddens me for another reason that has nothing to do with the ride IP. Someone earlier in the thread was referencing modern Disney and their lack of 'caring' or effort. They've had THIS on the drawing board for 3+ years? Modern Disney management just doesn't see to be putting in the effort that decades ago made Disney...DISNEY. They just think that they can slap an IP on something and present a mediocre product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom