Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

eddie104

This attraction was doomed to fail the moment they announced it was replacing an iconic attraction such as Splash.

I think overall the transformation to a Bayou setting was done really well and screen usage was smart. I loved the animatronics and how fluid they moved.

However it was tall order to make something equal to its predecessor and clearly it’s not at the same level.

I think it will be a success with the GP based on familiar characters.

mickEblu

I'd wager that most people would obviously pick Splash over this attraction if given the choice. But that doesn't necessarily mean that this is a bad attraction. I very much look forward to making new memories on this one.

Same here and then for some of those scenes where you have 35 seconds between anything to look at we can all put our mobile orders in!

Disney Glimpses

Side note, one of the imagineers said that we’d be getting some winks and nods towards what was there before. Aside from Louis emulating Brer Butt before the dip-drop, did anyone notice anything else?
Chick-A-Pin Hill in the backdrop behind one of the Tiana AAs.

1717273396683.png

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Side note, one of the imagineers said that we’d be getting some winks and nods towards what was there before. Aside from Louis emulating Brer Butt before the dip-drop, did anyone notice anything else?
There's a tree stump that resembles Chick-A-Pin Hill in the background of one of the show scenes but besides that nothing else I noticed.

A figure resembling Br'er Gator DOES show up in the first outdoor scene.

mickEblu

So authentic, backstory story story, authentic, story, story, instead of trying to find a way to make those perfectly fine AA's work from Splash? They thought the Navi river Journey approach would work here considering what it was replacing? The ineptitude is off the charts. But NO!! They'll remind people of Splash Mountain! Let's just have screens with fireflies instead. All those park blogs back stories for a ride that just tells us to "get to the party" repeatedly. Smh

Bleed0range

If they’re going to have long stretches with screens why don’t they have something more interesting happen on them? Feels like it wouldn’t be that hard to come up with a few extras to fill out the long scenes. Especially that one where you turn the corner and Tiana is sitting at the end and like 20 seconds go by of her saying nothing and you looking straight ahead.

Gusey

Watching a few Side by Side POVS, Splash had quite a few "dead" space too, where Animatronics are now (e.g. Tiana on the first lift hill, Tiana on the stump, Louis stuck) or where there are a lot more AAs than before (e.g. the bear band replacing just one Brer Rabbit).
I've seen a lot of people complaining that there are both not enough AAs and that the scenes feel cluttered with AAs so if they spread the band members around the scene, would that make the attraction better???.
The storyline is very simple, and hopefully the queue will expand on why Tiana is having a party. Then again, we know from the ride description and the banners that people have complained about that it is for Mardi Gras celebration. Maybe those banners are justified with the amount of people wondering what Tiana is throwing a party for??

Gusey

Has Disney ever released a POV video of a new ride like this before it’s opened or are they trying really hard to sell this (even though it might be backfiring done today)
They did it with Adventureland Treehouse last year. And after what happened with Fantasy Springs and people breaking the embargo, it makes sense that they'd just want their official version released.

mickEblu

I mean should we have not known all along? Nearly everything they unveiled was off, wrong, below expectations etc.

I mean many of us saw where this was headed but it's just a self fulfilling prophecy. The ride is actually great and we're haters. The only way someone can be perceived as honest is if they ultimately have a change of heart. Nobody can possibly be good at connecting the dots, reading the tea leaves, knowing their preferences and having an imagination and/or minds eye to put everything together.

Nland316

I don’t necessarily agree with the idea that you need suspense on the lift hill to have made it successful. But it definitely needed to be a fun moment with lots of showmanship, which it really isn’t.

I’m really curious to see original blue sky ideas for this attraction, like with the Bayou Tree facade, before it settled into the final product. Likely it would’ve been a stronger result.

SuddenStorm

I don’t necessarily agree with the idea that you need suspense on the lift hill to have made it successful. But it definitely needed to be a fun moment with lots of showmanship, which it really isn’t.

I’m really curious to see original blue sky ideas for this attraction, like with the Bayou Tree facade, before it settled into the final product. Likely it would’ve been a stronger result.

Back when this was announced Jim Hill said the storyline was Louis dropping his trumpet and we're racing through the mountain to get it.

This ride was creatively doomed from the get go.

Brer Oswald

Watching a few Side by Side POVS, Splash had quite a few "dead" space too, where Animatronics are now (e.g. Tiana on the first lift hill, Tiana on the stump, Louis stuck) or where there are a lot more AAs than before (e.g. the bear band replacing just one Brer Rabbit).
I've seen a lot of people complaining that there are both not enough AAs and that the scenes feel cluttered with AAs so if they spread the band members around the scene, would that make the attraction better???.
The storyline is very simple, and hopefully the queue will expand on why Tiana is having a party. Then again, we know from the ride description and the banners that people have complained about that it is for Mardi Gras celebration. Maybe those banners are justified with the amount of people wondering what Tiana is throwing a party for??
There were little details to look at, like critter houses, mailboxes, tiny bridges, little water rigs for the critters to get drinks from or do their laundry, etc. Stuff that made the world look lived in. In the new version, the dead spaces are fake grass in pitch black darkness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom