Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

celluloid

I just feel sorry for Drew the Disney Dude...he was looking forward to this like it was the Parousia. I know he's avoiding spoilers, so I didn't @ him, but I'll be really curious to hear his thoughts once he rides it.

It was to keep paying people I am sure so that Influencers would not be the first days to weeks of a lot of the riders dropping money on Genie Plus for content.

This will likely backfire on them a bit since Content Creators have less thunder.

Alright, now to the people to chime in with endless positivity and you can't critique aspects from a video crowd.

And they are the same ones that said lack of conflict would not hurt the dynamic or pacing of the ride.

mickEblu

It was to keep paying people I am sure so that Influencers would not be the first days to weeks of a lot of the riders dropping money on Genie Plus for content.

This will likely backfire on them a bit since Content Creators have less thunder.

Alright, now to the people to chime in with endless positivity and you can't critique aspects from a video crowd.

And they are the same ones that said lack of conflict would not hurt the dynamic or pacing of the ride.

The silence is deafening.

Gringrinngghost

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this here. I watched the official POV and it dawned on me that I had nearly the same exact angles as the Official POV of Splash Mountain, but also nearly at the same time of day. After digging through my archives, I went to match up as best as I have it, my angles to theirs. So the video is basically a 1:1 to theirs as best as I could make it in a rapid schedule.

So I forgot to add sound and like 5 seconds of video so here is it:

pigglewiggle

I liked Mama Odie telling us time to get big and we'll make a bigger splash when we are about to go up lift hill.
And then telling us at top of lift hill she'll get us to the party in no time guaranteed, with her slightly mischievous laugh, saying hang on y'all! It's not as menacing as Splash, but it's still building to the drop.

trainplane3

That’s funny. I thought the “hardcore SM people” were just “my alts” 🤭
I get you liked SM but there are way more unhinged people out there. I'm just trying to process the ride for myself right now.

Like it's not bad but it's not the incredible thing they were hyping up. It's a weird middle ground. I almost feel like it would've worked better as a book report ride, as much as I may not care for those.

mickEblu

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

zipadee999

That would provide some solace, especially since the carousel theater is currently underutilized.

But if they spent a year gutting Splash, do we think it'd take a year restoring Splash? LOL
Probably less than a year. Take all of the animatronics out of the warehouse, put the tree stump back on top, and make lots and lots and lots and lots of returns to Michael’s Craft Store (about 53 million dollars worth of plastic plant returns)

CJR

Mixed Reactions as Disney Unveils Tiana's Bayou Adventure Ride Through Video​

Very well done article!

I won't have much opinion until I ride it myself, but I have felt the sets look very nice.

Maybe they can tweak it some down the road and have some sort of Friends on the Other Side version going up the lift. That moment of tension would probably work wonders, even if they toned down on the scare factor and didn't feature Facilier. They really don't need to tone it down though, the height requirement will keep out the toddlers.

pigglewiggle

I also love the transition scene where we are told by Tiana we need to look further, the sounds of the bayou are prominent. Great scene.

Also the word from the non-Disney fanatics going with us later this year said they like that we are part of the story rather than just watching it happen.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I don’t think Tiana’s is necessarily a “bad” attraction. It just seems underwhelming compared to Splash which unfortunately is going to happen since it replaced it. Definitely some good sections to it just appears splash was largely better for a myriad of reasons.

I am curious to see how I will feel about it when I experience it in person. I am a firm believer that I cannot pass judgement till I experience it myself.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Its funny, I assumed they left out the old How Do You Do and LP scenes (and/ or jumbled them all up with small snippets) out of the imagineering video the other day because they wanted to leave some surprises. Nope. They just wanted to create their first impression with the finale as it undoubtedly has the most life and is the closest scene that compares to Splash Mountain even if the execution leaves a little to be desired and the song is no Zip.

zipadee999

Side note, one of the imagineers said that we’d be getting some winks and nods towards what was there before. Aside from Louis emulating Brer Butt before the dip-drop, did anyone notice anything else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom