Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

MerlinTheGoat

Incidentally, whatever happened to all of these employees in this "employee owned" business? They seem to not be present in the ride at all, not even in the crowd projections of the finale. Did they get promoted to "special spice" after they voted for higher wages?

1717267893218.png

Ghost93

Incidentally, whatever happened to all of these employees in this "employee owned" business? They seem to not be present in the ride at all, not even in the crowd projections of the finale. Did they get promoted to "special spice" after they voted for higher wages?

View attachment 788821
I suspect the elaborate co-op backstory is just something that will be featured in the ride queue. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the characters pictured make an appearance in the Tiana Disney Plus show (or movie if it's retooled into that).

MagicHappens1971

View attachment 788821
A lot of people, including myself said this but I would imagine this storyline is reserved for the queue.

MerlinTheGoat

A lot of people, including myself said this but I would imagine this storyline is reserved for the queue.
I suspect the elaborate co-op backstory is just something that will be featured in the ride queue. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the characters pictured make an appearance in the Tiana Disney Plus show (or movie if it's retooled into that).
Maybe they are present as A-1000 animatronics in the queue!
I'm sure they'll show up in the queue. Whether it's anything more than this little photo however, dunno. Though i'm sort of surprised they didn't cameo in the finale's background given that there are a lot of other new characters being projected in there.

chimchimcheree

My turn to play armchair critic! I think the presentation is stunning. It is well-lit, vibrant, colorful, and rich, and I wouldn't be surprised if it pulls heavy traffic at night. I'd ride it at night just for the light show. I don't mind that Disney went for an original storyline, especially since they are routinely skewered for spitting out IP-based attractions with no originality (mostly by me), and I am actually in favor of the longer ride time--unless the pacing is all wrong. In my opinion (and feel free to disagree), what cemented Splash's icon status was the ride soundtrack. THAT was the key to the ride's success, especially in its end stages. Each song flowed melodically and thematically into the next, concluding with arguably one of the most famous songs in the Disney canon. I don't even think there really needed to be dramatic tension or a substantive plot! We could have taken a right turn in the bayou when we were supposed to have taken a left, and the bayou creatures--thus introducing original characters and better integrating the firefly effect--would navigate us back. If the ride soundtrack were coherent, I'd be all in. Instead, the story makes no sense. (Are we looking for musicians or for the special sauce?? This feels like one of the essays I pulled an all-nighter writing before the deadline in college, I swear.) There's too much dead air and dead space. And the ride soundtrack simply isn't good enough to hide the narrative flaws.

Ghost93

I'm sure they'll show up in the queue. Whether it's anything more than this little photo however, dunno. Though i'm sort of surprised they didn't cameo in the finale's background given that there are a lot of other new characters being projected in there.
I suspect originally they just wanted Tiana to be a business owner but then feared her being the head of a corporation wasn't progressive enough so they did a last-minute revision to make it employee-owned so that Tiana comes across looking more like a friend to everyone than a profit-driven businesswoman. I think the co-op and the other employees will only be seen in fake newspaper clippings.

mickEblu

Why did they even release this POV today? Very unprecedented thing to do. My guess is they wanted first impressions to be based on their version. Did they not edit out a couple of the areas of the ride that lagged too long with nothing going on?

Last edited:

wdrive

So the way it usually goes is I’ll make a general comment about Disney as I did with some of my reviews you read this morning and then others will either mock or personally attack me for my views. Then I snap back and get banned from a thread. Today I didn’t take the bait.

It’s funny. I’m just a Disney parks fan. I have no skin in the game. @yensidtlaw1969 is an insider. Who knows what his affiliation with the company is or why he reacted like that today? Maybe he’s just sad his “friends” $hit the bed and I’m just the face of all the negative reviews he chose to lash out at.

I just find it wild how many people on here these days get downright nasty towards anyone who dislikes anything.

Personally I mostly just stalk these forums, I enjoy reading other peoples opinions, of course I have my own opinions too but most of the time someone else has already posted something that more or less says exactly what I’d write so I don’t post.

What I can’t stand though is others jumping down a posters throat because they dare dislike something. The whole point of this website is to discuss things. Naturally people will disagree, but the name calling and anger towards people who happen to not like something is outrageous.

chimchimcheree

I suspect originally they just wanted Tiana to be a business owner but then feared her being the head of a corporation wasn't progressive enough so they did a last-minute revision to make it employee-owned so that Tiana comes across looking more like a friend to everyone than a profit-driven businesswoman. I think the co-op and the other employees will only be seen in fake newspaper clippings.
My tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory is that this subplot is getting little air given the recent unionization at Disneyland. (In reality, I think they just cut some corners.)

McMickeyWorld

I don't think it's bad, I think it's "meh". One good thing is the critters; I think they are very good, both in design and charm. They are very cute and endearing. It bothers me quite a bit that their figures don't blink (and in general, that none of the background characters do either), but it doesn't bother me that they don't have much movement.

The swamp sets are nice but too "realistic" considering that in the movie, they play a lot with the setting, and they could have done that here too. I was worried it would feel too flat, like going from scene 1 to scene 2. Unfortunately, that happened in the end; transitions are missing.

The best scene is the club; personally, that scene is on par with the original, and it also has the best soundtrack. The bad thing is the animation, which looks like it's for a Disney Junior show. I don't know if it's just me, but animation for the parks always looks amateurish.

Much of the movie's music feels out of place. I wonder what the discarded soundtrack was like; I think it would have worked better.

Personally, the ending is the worst scene. It feels too chaotic (although I'm not an expert in composition, I've tried to learn a bit for my illustrations). There are parts of the set that are simply out of scale and sometimes just feel unnecessary, although I think it has the best animation, but it's not better than the finale of Frozen Journey.

The climb disappointed me; I expected at least another four dozen bottles and a better interpretation of the song.

The best part was the armadillo; it was simply silly and that's it.

SamusAranX

It’s just so….mid.

Gen Z slang aside that I am too old to be using, I’m underwhelmed. The rumors had flown and seemed to be confirmed that WDW was a bit taken back by the backlash from announcing the closure of SM, and actually went back to the board to spend more money and improve the original plans.

What happened? How did they design this and think it would be a truly worthy success to SM? I kid you not, I almost decided to renew my pass just so I could experience TBA, because after the social media AA previews and insiders expressing optimism, I had hope. Now, I am glad I didn't renew. Is the ride superstar limo? no, thank god. But by WDW deciding SM needed to change, for better or for worse, they set a HIGH bar for this attraction. And even then, after the announcement of multiple AA's, more then FEA's paltry amount, I was ok that even it could be 70 percent of what SM was, it would be satisfying.

Now, compare that POV to the new Tangled ride over in Asia for example. How did they drop the ball on this to make it middling and average? How can WDI produce those amazing attractions, yet couldn't do Tiana and PatF justice after a budget increase mid project?

Keep in mind this is WDW's only "new" E-Ticket, heck C or D ticket, until at least 2026. That's damning.

Oh well. I will ride it someday, but will wonder what could have been.

rtmachine

View attachment 788821
They were turned into all the critters by Mama Odie I guess..of course I didn't see the movie...

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I just feel sorry for Drew the Disney Dude...he was looking forward to this like it was the Parousia. I know he's avoiding spoilers, so I didn't @ him, but I'll be really curious to hear his thoughts once he rides it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom