Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

Casper Gutman

Tiana's throwing a party and we're looking for the "Special Spice" to make it complete? I believe is the jist, the critters get introduced and then invited as part of the band, then Mama Odie shrinks us down to look for the special spice? Whether or not we find it was kinda lost on me in the POV video.
But why the shift from the spice to the band as the motivation? Why the shrinking? Why the Co-op backstory? Why is there absolutely no humor?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
This is small potatoes, but is there any reason they kept this random dead tree?
1717265732174.png

FiestaFunKid

Oh my gosh, this is worse than I thought. I feel 100% justified in my fears for this attraction. Large amounts of dead space, a storyline that has ZERO stakes whatsoever. To each their own, but this is not my cup of tea.

It's so DARK in there. One of the reasons I liked MK's version of the previous ride better than DL's was that it took place in the daytime. My nephews are going to be terrified on this ride, and the PBS Kids dialogue doesn't help. There are also moments where the animatronics are just staring at you for a beat too long.

The CGI stinks. The limited-motion figures (which, to be clear, they're counting as animatronics) are almost insulting, considering what has now been scrapped.

Yikes, I was hopeful my soon-to-be 8 yr old niece would enjoy this, but this is bad. Really bad.

I very much agree that the ongoing dark sets are really a Navi-like downer in contrast to the brighter sunny Splash scenes.

Random first impressions...

The other major difference is Splash was special in how it immersed you by having activity happening all around, so much that you couldn't possibly take it all in during one ride. Tiana's is a more typical modern dark ride where your eye is trained to look at the one show scene doing something, then going through a gap of nothing, then back to some action. On this long of a ride w/o tension - it can get boring and loses some re-rideability.

The main animatronics are cool and the shrinking scene is an interesting change, but I thought the music would elevate emotion more than it does, feels missing in the middle or something. Can't put my finger on it yet, but I miss Splash's music more than I should given Tiana's strong soundtrack.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I very much agree that the ongoing dark sets are really a Navi-like downer in contrast to the brighter sunny Splash scenes.

Random first impressions...

The other major difference is Splash was special in how it immersed you by having activity happening all around, so much that you couldn't possibly take it all in during one ride. Tiana's is a more typical modern dark ride where your eye is trained to look at the one show scene doing something, then going through a gap of nothing, then back to some action. On this long of a ride w/o tension - it can get boring and loses some re-rideability.

The main animatronics are cool and the shrinking scene is an interesting change, but I thought the music would elevate emotion more than it does, feels missing in the middle or something. Can't put my finger on it yet, but I miss Splash's music more than I should given Tiana's strong soundtrack.
I don't understand why Disney would release a video that doesn't make it look better than this.

The music is really quiet in the video, there are still long blank sections with nothing happening despite the cuts in the video...I'm truly astonished that this is as bad as it is.

Anyone who has read my posts knows I've been down on this and didn't expect it to be good. But I will honestly level with you all and say I hoped to be wrong. I really did. I'm not happy the ride is bad...I'm sad, because I really hoped to watch this ride POV and write a "mea culpa" for the negativity. But I can't, because this ride is not good. And it's too bad.

Gringrinngghost

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this here. I watched the official POV and it dawned on me that I had nearly the same exact angles as the Official POV of Splash Mountain, but also nearly at the same time of day. After digging through my archives, I went to match up as best as I have it, my angles to theirs. So the video is basically a 1:1 to theirs as best as I could make it in a rapid schedule.

the_rich

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this here. I watched the official POV and it dawned on me that I had nearly the same exact angles as the Official POV of Splash Mountain, but also nearly at the same time of day. After digging through my archives, I went to match up as best as I have it, my angles to theirs. So the video is basically a 1:1 to theirs as best as I could make it in a rapid schedule.

Thank you for this. Confirms for me that I prefer the new ride.

Brer Oswald

This. Regardless of how good/bad the attraction is, this video does it no favors. Why not use the source audio? They have it. Why only use one angle/camera? They have the resources to do better.
All of the effects are working and the show scenes are on display. It’s also filmed at night (with the extra lighting) on an expensive camera. It’s not getting any better than this, at least not as far as a POV is concerned.

pigglewiggle

So that was amazing, thank you for doing this!

Yes, I'm solid in my opinion that I'm very satisfied with new ride, I think they did a great job. And for me, it's looks more "magical" for lack of a better word.

Gringrinngghost

Give it a few days. The hardcore SM people are out in force right now. It takes a bit to get an actual reception of things. Besides, it isn't open yet so there's not GSATs to go off of. Those will truly tell what people think.
These apps and extensions use a combination of archived like and dislike data, as well as the likes and dislikes made by extension users. So do take them with a grain of salt.

MouseEarsMom33

Sets are beautiful. It's like Navi + Living the Land. However, the story is really boring. They could have spread out the animals more and made it feel more like a search. The storyline felt like it is tailored more for Disney Junior audience, but the height requirements don't match this.

Disney should have put more tension in this. I rewatched a Splash POV and the warnings for the lift hill were great. They could have done something different to make the Laughing Place more filled with danger. Could have even introduced a new villain. Or make it seem like we are going to be late for the party and need to take a short cut.

Ghost93

as an owner of an employee-owned coop, she’s had enough of human workers
With Facillier off the table, maybe one of the members of the co-op could have been the antagonist of the ride? Having grown selfish and greedy, a Tiana's Foods co-op member separated from the company — but not before stealing Tiana's secret recipes and poisoning the band members Tiana had hired! Desperate to have a successful Mardi Gras celebration, Tiana journeys into the bayou to steal back the recipe and recruit new band members to replace the ones that had been killed by the vengeful employee.

Right before the climactic drop, Tiana confronts the evil former employee who tries to kill her and her critter friends. Tiana says, "Looks like I finally found the missing ingredient! You're blood!" She then shoves the employee off the mountain as we all plunge. The final scene could have been Tiana and friends celebrating the premature demise of a rival business.

MouseEarsMom33

Give it a few days. The hardcore SM people are out in force right now. It takes a bit to get an actual reception of things. Besides, it isn't open yet so there's not GSATs to go off of. Those will truly tell what people think.
I was really excited for the ride. Now, I don't feel like it will be terrible if I don't get on during passholders previews. I feel like it begins and ends well. Disney just missed the mark for the storyline for most of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom