Things you don't get

pinjim

I don't get ...

1. People who "do the Disney thing" and go unprepared and uneducated, and then proceed to compain about the heat, the long lines, the expense, having to "eat nothing but fastfood" - those type of individuals, I simply don't get.

2. The Aladdin carpet ride - it's location.

3. I don't understand why most with children won't take them out of school to enjoy WDW in the "off-season" when it's so much more enjoyable. Maybe I'm lucky with students that can miss school without missing a beat.

4. Why people wouldn't want to stay on property at a resort.

5. Why you would want to get up at the crack of dawn to be at the park for the opening - it's vacation - sleep in:hammer:

6. Stitch - sorry my kids love him, I'm just not that into him.

7. All the rides (sorry Fantasyland lovers) that simply take you back and forth through moving walls, doors and other obstructions.

8. Toontown, other than Goofy Barnstorming, it's a drag and my kids agree.

9. Similar to earlier, but I don't get why people don't stop and enjoy some of the sitdown eateries at the parks. Disney is a great place to get fat :D

10. Staying all day at the park and getting grumpy and then not having a good time because everyone is tired.

Nemo14

FanofDinsey1981 said:
The beautiful thing about disney world is that there is something for everyone, but at the same time, there are things in WDW that some people 'get', and some don't. I have been to disney world nearly 16+ times, and I still don't get the need to see the Hall of Presidents. However, there are a million more things that I do get, and I do love. I simply pass over the one attraction, and continue on.

You will quickly see from this chat board that we all love one thing, WDW, and we all want the very best disney world there is to offer. When something bothers us or isn't right, we voice our opinion. There are many on this board who work for WDW (or the Disney company) who hear these opinions. I like to think that we are doing our part to make the place better.

And even though every one of us is 100% percent dinsey fans, we don't have to love disney 100%.
Well said!

mep517

Well said, FanofDisney1981

BUT, I don't get the pin trading. I love the pins, and have several myself, but the lanyards and trading thing doesn't register with me. That's not to say that I think people who do trade are stupid or anything -- I just personally don't get it.

Oh, I also don't get why they won't rehab and re-open the Treehouse Villas. I know there's Florida law about protected watersheds and all that, but isn't there something Disney can do about that? They are so cool and I would give my left arm to stay in one!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
pinjim5 said:
. Why you would want to get up at the crack of dawn to be at the park for the opening - it's vacation - sleep in:hammer:
Try it sometime. Once you experience the joy of MK with little to no wait times you will wonder how you did it before. Even with 3 kids we can do all the rides in Fantasy land and Tomorrowland before noon. On a good day we can sneak in HM and Potc before noon as well.

a2grafix

SirGoofy said:
Goofy is definately a mog.

But things I don't get:

4. Why there is nothing has been done with the Superstar TV building/Sounds Dangerous yet.

I have a simple reason for that. Dinsey and the imagineers are waiting patinetly for me to visit WDW again later on this year. Last time I was at WDW was before the opening of Tower of Terror and before Sounds Dangerous changed to Drew Carey. Whoah, August 1993 (sorry, my bad, my bad!). Last time I saw that show it had Chevy Chase and Martin Short. And I'm from Cleveland and Drew Carey is from Cleveland and I have to represent!

LOL ... maybe that's the reason? Anyway, I hope I get to see the Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous show before it closes, if it closes.

Nemo14

pinjim said:
I don't get ...

3. I don't understand why most with children won't take them out of school to enjoy WDW in the "off-season" when it's so much more enjoyable. Maybe I'm lucky with students that can miss school without missing a beat.
Depending on where your kids go to school, there can be severe penalties for taking them out of school for a vacation.

jozzmenia

Things I don't get...

When people come on message boards and say "I know I will probably get a fight started when I say this, but I don't mean to..." then proceed to post what they want to say...:lol:

People who take their kids on rides with warning signs, but then complain that the ride was too scary:drevil:

There's more, but I"m sleepy so I can't think of any right now :snore:

TAC said:
Is there a mountain in the Everest chain called "Forbidden Mountain?" Not that I know of.

But, as you said, it is a train. So if the "story" is a train, then use a train.

Are there any large towers that have electric running up the real Mount Everest, or "Forbidden Mountain?" Do they have street lights in the village on the mountain? If generators are used on Everest, then use them on the ride.

Does the "train" use that steam to get itself up the mountain? Or is there a roller coaster chain drive that is powered by electricity ?

real mice dont sing and dance either... little known fact

LaughingGravy

Placement of the Mickey Fantasia Hat /Store at the Studios. Right in front of the Chinese Theater that they went to all that trouble to recreate? No place else in the whole park better to put that?

Renaming of Fort Sam Clemens. Oh yeah, I forgot, literature is a bad thing.

Double Wide Strollers that can really be made to still accomodate two kids, and not be the behemoths that they are.

DDuck1974

I love this is a great thread.

Here is what I don't get:

I don't understand how people can look so miserable at WDW (i.e., parents who get angry at their kids when they want to take a break, or people arguing with each other right in the middle of the park).

When I drive through the entrance of Disney property coming off of I-4, I feel like I have entered a place of pure magic. When I walk under the train station to emerge on Main Street, I feel my cares slip away, every weight lifted off of me, all my tension disappear and know that, at least for a time, I can just relax, enjoy myself and revel in the atmosphere. When I see a child's joy when meeting Mickey or any of the other characters, or families walking together and smiling, or a couple on their honeymoon starting their life together at the Most Magical Place on Earth, that is what Disney is all about to me. The real world is just too hard and too stressful to carry that with you to WDW. Be happy and enjoy yourself. You're at Walt Disney World! :sohappy:

(I also don't get how anyone cannot like a turkey leg! :slurp: )

Edeyore

CommandoDisney said:
^^ thanks, i always like when people agree with me... but its CommandoDisney... haha, not a big deal i just wanted to clear that up:D :lol:

Ooops! Color me embarassed and obviously unable to read. :lol:

DDuck1974 said:

I don't understand how people can look so miserable at WDW (i.e., parents who get angry at their kids when they want to take a break, or people arguing with each other right in the middle of the park).

When I drive through the entrance of Disney property coming off of I-4, I feel like I have entered a place of pure magic. When I walk under the train station to emerge on Main Street, I feel my cares slip away, every weight lifted off of me, all my tension disappear and know that, at least for a time, I can just relax, enjoy myself and revel in the atmosphere. When I see a child's joy when meeting Mickey or any of the other characters, or families walking together and smiling, or a couple on their honeymoon starting their life together at the Most Magical Place on Earth, that is what Disney is all about to me. The real world is just too hard and too stressful to carry that with you to WDW. Be happy and enjoy yourself. You're at Walt Disney World! :sohappy:

(I also don't get how anyone cannot like a turkey leg! :slurp: )

yes wdw is a fantastic place where its very easy to be happy... but sometimes there just isnt enough magic in the world to keep you from having a temporary lapse in happiness! last august me and my brother got in a fight almost to the point of punching each other over the ingredients of a burrito! (long story) but it happens. its incredibly hot down there, youre crammed in a hotel room with your family all week, you doing a lot of walking, its bound to happen that youre gonna start to get on each others nerves. but after a shower and a nap, everyone is fine! with young children its even easier to see how tantrums happen, even in wdw. but yes i will have to say that the unpleasantness goes away faster in wdw than anywhere else!:D

jozzmenia

pluto77 said:
Some of us don't think it's a waste of money. :wave:

I'm not as big a collector as some people, but it's a good way to remember your trip. If buying a pin is a waste of money, so is buying pretty much any other souvenir.

Edit: For the record, most pins are cheaper than $15.

I just buy postcards and take pictures :D rather than spend money on a pen that will run out of ink and get lost in the sofa cushions...

pluto77

jozzmenia said:
I just buy postcards and take pictures :D rather than spend money on a pen that will run out of ink and get lost in the sofa cushions...
I was actually talking about the pins, but it's okay. :lol: I was just responding to the other post complaining about people wasting money. If you "don't get" the pin collecting it's okay, but it's perfectly fine if someone else likes it.

pluto77

jozzmenia said:
When people come on message boards and say "I know I will probably get a fight started when I say this, but I don't mean to..." then proceed to post what they want to say...:lol:
:lol: or when people post something that could be offensive or has an extreme point of view on a controversial subject then when someone disagrees with them, the first poster gets mad at the 2nd for starting a fight. :hammer:

I don't get why the tap water is so nasty at the Magic Kingdom.

jozzmenia

pluto77 said:
I was actually talking about the pins, but it's okay. :lol: I was just responding to the other post complaining about people wasting money. If you "don't get" the pin collecting it's okay, but it's perfectly fine if someone else likes it.

:lol: :lol:

I didn't say I didn't "get it" I DO get it. I just said what I would do, and was halfway being a wise :rolleyes:

Since1976

DDuck1974 said:

When you get mad, you get mad. Hopefully you make up real quick and get on with your vacation. My DW and I had a row right in the middle of Town Square on the first day of our vacation, and we didn't leave there until we had let off some steam and made up...an hour later. Not a happy memory, but the situation at least got resolved right there. It would have sucked if we'd stayed mad at each other for the rest of the trip!

What do I not get at WDW? Guests who moan on and on to their first-timer friends about how this attraction or that "used to be better." They are first-timers -- they don't know the way an attraction used to be, so telling them it was better before isn't really doing anything for their enjoyment of it now!

ilovepluto23

adamthegetupkid said:
Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel often that I am in the minority, as I am someone who enjoys the subtle side to attractions. My favorite books are written by Mark Twain. I really feel that WDI hit the nail right on the head when creating the town of Hannibal. Although it is true that kids are more prone to liking the Mountains and other thrill rides, some kids still like TSI. More importantly, grown-up kids (like myself) still enjoy timeless attractions like TSI, CoP and One Man's Dream.

Well I guess everyone has their own tastes and preferences for things at WDW. I'm just not into American Literature...I don't think I've even read any part of Tom Sawyer's Island whatsoever. I am totally disinterested in that kind of stuff. But hey, if people enjoy it...good for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom