Things you don't get

JimboJones123

The Adventurer said:
What I Don't Get

1) The Tomorrowland Transit Authority - It's a cheap Florida roadside carnival ride that needs a serious overhaul. Autopia is a classic, but this is just trash. Use Walt's original idea for the ride and change the cheesy NASCAR racers to retro-futuristic automobiles.

2) Why there is not a Roger Rabbit E-Ticket attraction at Mickey's Toontown Fair. As a matter of fact, why is Roger Rabbit non-existant at Walt Disney World in the first place?

3) Why do Imagineers feel the pressure that every year has to hold some kind of "magical" celebration?

4) Why everyone feels that the old classic attractions (The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Enchanted Tiki Room, and The Country Bears, etc) need serious makeovers.

5) Why would Imagineers take a step back and install the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Dumbo the Flying Elephant is only classic because it has stood the test of time. We don't need another one. Why not make an Aladdin-themed E-Ticket attraction that actually makes you feel like you are on a magic carpet.

6) Why Peter Pan's Flight looks so crappy. They don't need to make any serious changes, but the foil inside the volcano and the chipping paint on almost every figure within is very cheap.

7) Why can't they take advantage of the space on Tom Sawyer Island without demolishing it altogether. Keep the caves, Fort Langhorn, and Aunt Polly's, but build a new E-Ticket attraction on the spaces provided, and if they keep with the Frontierland theme, that would leave opportunity for more exploration trails.

8) Why did they get rid of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I like that you get to meet Ariel and even The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but those could have been built elsewhere.

9) Why are Imagineers afraid to build outside the boundaries of the Walt Disney World Railroad. Is there some sort of "magic barrier" that nobody's aware of.

10) Why is the old location of the Skyway in Fantasyland just sitting there? AHHHH!

11) Why is Tomorrowland turning into PIXARland. I like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and Stitch's Great Escape is charming, and I honestly don't mind Monsters, Inc. and possibly Cars or The Incredibles making an entrance, but really. Why can't Tomorrowland be a multilevel land that resembles an actual city. That way, there are room for new attractions and the theme won't be lost.

12) Why are the characters at Magic Kingdom obsolete now? On my last trip, the same characters (Donald Duck, Goofy, Chip & Dale, and Mickey and Minnei Mouse) were the only ones found in Town Square. Where did they all go?

13.) Why is Wonders of Life at Epcot just sitting there? Tear it down or re-open it please!

14) Why does Soarin' have so much hype around it. If it was an IMAX movie I can understand, but its not. It's not that special.

15) Why can't there be an E-Ticket attraction on the Streets of America. They aren't that interesting and to me that is just more wasted space.

16) Why isn't Monsters, Inc. at MGM instead of taking over Tomorrowland. They aren't futuristic, they are fantastical. I can understand Buzz and Stitch, but please, spare us.

17) Why are Imagineers always using new films for new attractions. There are plenty of good E-Ticket possibilities in older movie. For example, how cool would an enchanted Mary Poppins carousel that jumped off the track or a high-speed roller coaster ride with Cruella De Vil. THINK PEOPLE!

18) Why can't they do a Pocahontas show more along the lines of Festival of the Lion King or Beauty and the Beast? Her forest friends are lame.

19) Why can't they make Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage more like Broadway. It has become very campy and old. Please give it a facelift. Real actors playing the objects and the Beast and keep Gaston's death scene. Jesus, some creativity would be nice.

20) Same thing for Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

21) The backstory of Kilamanjaro Safaris has become a tired subject. Let's not kid ourselves, we aren't in Africa and the animals are amazing enough on there own. The extra five minutes of old backstory could be five more minutes amongst the animals of the savannah.

22) MAKE KALI RIVER RAPIDS LONGER!!! Why so short? It's not like they can't afford the water bill.

23) I like the roadside America theme in Dinoland because it is more creative than a re-spawning of Jurassic Park land, but I think more could be done with the Chester and Hester Dino-Rama area. I like the carnival atmosphere, but that belongs at Disney's California Adventure or better yet, a carnival. I would rather see another Dino-ride, even if it wasn't as good as Dinosaur or Universal's Jurassic Park Adventure.

24) Bring Back Tarzan Rocks. I like Nemo, but put Finding Nemo- The Musical in Epcot or Disney-MGM Studios. It totally breaks the flow between Asia and Dinoland.

25) Why do some characters (Ex. The Three Good Fairies or some of the Princes) only make appearances in shows or parades?

wow, it's like the 20th anniversy commercial -- you don't have to go you know. not getting enough fairies? Cruella De Vil?? that'll draw?? E-ticket on an island that closes an hour before dusk?? More DL clones?? THINK PEOPLE!

The Adventurer said:
What I Don't Get

1) The Tomorrowland Transit Authority - It's a cheap Florida roadside carnival ride that needs a serious overhaul. Autopia is a classic, but this is just trash. Use Walt's original idea for the ride and change the cheesy NASCAR racers to retro-futuristic automobiles.

2) Why there is not a Roger Rabbit E-Ticket attraction at Mickey's Toontown Fair. As a matter of fact, why is Roger Rabbit non-existant at Walt Disney World in the first place?

3) Why do Imagineers feel the pressure that every year has to hold some kind of "magical" celebration?

4) Why everyone feels that the old classic attractions (The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Enchanted Tiki Room, and The Country Bears, etc) need serious makeovers.

5) Why would Imagineers take a step back and install the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Dumbo the Flying Elephant is only classic because it has stood the test of time. We don't need another one. Why not make an Aladdin-themed E-Ticket attraction that actually makes you feel like you are on a magic carpet.

6) Why Peter Pan's Flight looks so crappy. They don't need to make any serious changes, but the foil inside the volcano and the chipping paint on almost every figure within is very cheap.

7) Why can't they take advantage of the space on Tom Sawyer Island without demolishing it altogether. Keep the caves, Fort Langhorn, and Aunt Polly's, but build a new E-Ticket attraction on the spaces provided, and if they keep with the Frontierland theme, that would leave opportunity for more exploration trails.

8) Why did they get rid of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I like that you get to meet Ariel and even The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but those could have been built elsewhere.

9) Why are Imagineers afraid to build outside the boundaries of the Walt Disney World Railroad. Is there some sort of "magic barrier" that nobody's aware of.

10) Why is the old location of the Skyway in Fantasyland just sitting there? AHHHH!

11) Why is Tomorrowland turning into PIXARland. I like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and Stitch's Great Escape is charming, and I honestly don't mind Monsters, Inc. and possibly Cars or The Incredibles making an entrance, but really. Why can't Tomorrowland be a multilevel land that resembles an actual city. That way, there are room for new attractions and the theme won't be lost.

12) Why are the characters at Magic Kingdom obsolete now? On my last trip, the same characters (Donald Duck, Goofy, Chip & Dale, and Mickey and Minnei Mouse) were the only ones found in Town Square. Where did they all go?

13.) Why is Wonders of Life at Epcot just sitting there? Tear it down or re-open it please!

14) Why does Soarin' have so much hype around it. If it was an IMAX movie I can understand, but its not. It's not that special.

15) Why can't there be an E-Ticket attraction on the Streets of America. They aren't that interesting and to me that is just more wasted space.

16) Why isn't Monsters, Inc. at MGM instead of taking over Tomorrowland. They aren't futuristic, they are fantastical. I can understand Buzz and Stitch, but please, spare us.

17) Why are Imagineers always using new films for new attractions. There are plenty of good E-Ticket possibilities in older movie. For example, how cool would an enchanted Mary Poppins carousel that jumped off the track or a high-speed roller coaster ride with Cruella De Vil. THINK PEOPLE!

18) Why can't they do a Pocahontas show more along the lines of Festival of the Lion King or Beauty and the Beast? Her forest friends are lame.

19) Why can't they make Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage more like Broadway. It has become very campy and old. Please give it a facelift. Real actors playing the objects and the Beast and keep Gaston's death scene. Jesus, some creativity would be nice.

20) Same thing for Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

21) The backstory of Kilamanjaro Safaris has become a tired subject. Let's not kid ourselves, we aren't in Africa and the animals are amazing enough on there own. The extra five minutes of old backstory could be five more minutes amongst the animals of the savannah.

22) MAKE KALI RIVER RAPIDS LONGER!!! Why so short? It's not like they can't afford the water bill.

23) I like the roadside America theme in Dinoland because it is more creative than a re-spawning of Jurassic Park land, but I think more could be done with the Chester and Hester Dino-Rama area. I like the carnival atmosphere, but that belongs at Disney's California Adventure or better yet, a carnival. I would rather see another Dino-ride, even if it wasn't as good as Dinosaur or Universal's Jurassic Park Adventure.

24) Bring Back Tarzan Rocks. I like Nemo, but put Finding Nemo- The Musical in Epcot or Disney-MGM Studios. It totally breaks the flow between Asia and Dinoland.

25) Why do some characters (Ex. The Three Good Fairies or some of the Princes) only make appearances in shows or parades?

wow... put a lot of that into that, didnt you? oh well, to each his own...

SirGoofy

Goofy is definately a mog.

But things I don't get:
1. Turkey Legs. They look disgusting.
2. Why people with strollers INSIST that they own the road and have every right to run into you.
3. Kali River Paids. Why is it so short?
4. Why there is nothing has been done with the Superstar TV building/Sounds Dangerous yet.

JimboJones123

SirGoofy said:
Goofy is definately a mog.

4. Why there is nothing has been done with the Superstar TV building/Sounds Dangerous yet.

with the hat now -- it's the attraction that' s front and center!! it should be a park icon attraction.

PixiePrincess

IWorkWTeeth said:
I have to agree with the Bear Country Jamboree! The animatronics are old and very outdated!

LOVE pin trading (yes, it is expensive but the kids have so much fun!!)
LOVE turkey legs!!!

I guess the reason so many things stick around for so long is because, like these posts, everyone loves so many different things!

I just noticed your hometown! I'm from TR as well!! Waving HI!! :wave:

MY_NAME_STITCH

CommandoDisney said:
5. why people dont like stich. hes pretty much the last really successful hand-drawn character disney has had, which is why they have used him so much. hes appealing to both boys and girls, which is hard to do. hes silly, hes funny, he playfully irreverant, hes unique. hes the bad-boy of the disney world! i guess most people are just annoyed with him being EVERYWHERE

im glad i dont understand everything though cause that means that disney is doing a great job of making itself attraction to all sorts of people and not just one particular kind!

Thanks for the best description of why I like the little guy, and why others don't. I couldn't have said it better myself, and couldn't agree with you more.

Mr Bill

The Adventurer said:
What I Don't Get

1. I agree to an extent, but believe you are referring to the Tomorrowland Speedway. I think that the TTA is great.

3. I think you're blaming the wrong people on this one.

9. They have built on the other side of the tracks at least twice.

10. The Skyway station is currently used for stroller parking. It's not the most entertaining use, but definitely a good one.

14. Uhh, have you been on Soarin? It's practically IMAX on steroids.

CoffeeJedi

The Adventurer said:

Think for a moment, Imagineers actually get to make very few decisions. The culprits that you're looking for, are the marketing, accounting, and central planning(now gone) departments. Don't blame the artists and engineers, they're forced to do what they do.

CoffeeJedi

TAC said:
Still, it is based on hearsay. So, the "yeti," if there is one, could look like Martha Stewart for all we know.

So where does the roller coaster fit in? There are no roller coasters on Mount Everest, nor is there any electric. So, how does an electric roller coaster fit into the theming of a village in the Himalayas ?

1) you're not Mount Everest, you're on the Forbidden Mountain next door, and its not a roller coaster, its a train (ok, so it's really a roller coaster, but in the story, its a train)
2) there's no electricity on Mount Everest? really? that's a bit of a bold claim, while they may be remote, i'm pretty sure they have generators at the least. have you ever been to the Himalayas?
3)its not an electric train, its a steam train, or did you not see the smokestacks?

3fordisney

I don't get :

1. The turkey legs- it just looks gross. My Dh is dying to try one, but I wouldn't if they gave it away for free.

2. People who push and shove to get in front of you only to stop dead in their tracks and not move. UGH!!!

3. Adults who have screaming fits. I have seen a man once start screaming and then smack his daughter right on main street in front of everyone. He smacked her across the face.

4. How someone doesn't get Soarin'. Love that ride!!

CommandoDisney said:
why people dont like stich. hes pretty much the last really successful hand-drawn character disney has had, which is why they have used him so much. hes appealing to both boys and girls, which is hard to do. hes silly, hes funny, he playfully irreverant, hes unique. hes the bad-boy of the disney world! i guess most people are just annoyed with him being EVERYWHERE

Your post inspired me to make a new avatar. Thanks CommandoDisney :lol: :wave:

banimall

3. Adults who have screaming fits. I have seen a man once start screaming and then smack his daughter right on main street in front of everyone. He smacked her across the face.

I've seen this comment on another post before. Is there a lot of face smacking done at Disney World or is this the same incident?

pluto77

BruceWayne said:
its funny to me that alot of people on these boards (and in the parks themselves) complain about how expensive Walt Disney World is and then go spend 15 dollars on a metal pin worth nothing. I completely understand you enjoy collecting things, but do you think your book of Disney pins is worth anyhting outside of WDW?

Its funny that people would rather eat at a fast food (cheap and fattening) place, like that place between tomorrowland and main street, because its cheaper, but then go spend 15 dollars on a pin of the beast and belle. or something.

dont complain about price, then waste your money on that.
Some of us don't think it's a waste of money. :wave:

I'm not as big a collector as some people, but it's a good way to remember your trip. If buying a pin is a waste of money, so is buying pretty much any other souvenir.

Edit: For the record, most pins are cheaper than $15.

SirGoofy

I forgot a couple.

5. Why parents threaten cast members when the characters go on break and leave a line waiting for them. Everyone needs a break people!
6. Why Spiderman is the be-all, end-all of attractions. I like it a lot, but come on, it's not the greatest.

3fordisney

banimall said:
I've seen this comment on another post before. Is there a lot of face smacking done at Disney World or is this the same incident?

The incident I witnessed was back in Aug of 2000. I have referred to it before in my other posts. It was not long after the park had opened and was right as you walk onto main street. Its something I will never forget. My husband and I were shocked. I guess when I am at WDW nothing gets me down. Can't say the same for others.

banimall

I remember a similar incident at Sci Fi dinner theatre, this lady was full out screaming and cursing at her 7 year old. It's funny the things you remember. Got me thinking though, there could be a full out street fight at MGM and people would think it's part of a show or something.

FanofDinsey1981

Sewer said:
I really have a hard time with this thread, because if you "don't get it" why do you bother going? :confused:

The beautiful thing about disney world is that there is something for everyone, but at the same time, there are things in WDW that some people 'get', and some don't. I have been to disney world nearly 16+ times, and I still don't get the need to see the Hall of Presidents. However, there are a million more things that I do get, and I do love. I simply pass over the one attraction, and continue on.

You will quickly see from this chat board that we all love one thing, WDW, and we all want the very best disney world there is to offer. When something bothers us or isn't right, we voice our opinion. There are many on this board who work for WDW (or the Disney company) who hear these opinions. I like to think that we are doing our part to make the place better.

And even though every one of us is 100% percent dinsey fans, we don't have to love disney 100%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom