Things you don't get

PineapplePrincess

Adventurers Club

The first time we went to Adventurer's Club, we didn't get it either. We decided to try it again and had a great time. It helps to have a few beverages before going in! I think it's funnier for an older crowd (that's me!). What I don't get is why people take their children to PI!

yeti

I strongly don't get
1. Why Alien Encounter was replaced with Stich's Great Escape.
2. Why disney always has to advertise Stitch's Great Escape.
3. Whoever came up with the idea to build Stitch's Great Escape.
4. Why the disney company decided to use this idea and make Stich's Great Escape.
5. Stitch's Great Escape.

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

If you ask me, his escape is not that great.

1disneydood

The hype about Winnie the Pooh. :confused:

Any WS counrty without an attraction.

Swiss Family treehouse. (is it still there anyway?)

The bird on a stick on Everest.

Why on every trip I take the same photos. :veryconfu :hammer:

KaliSplash

yeti said:
I strongly don't get
4. Why the disney company decided to use this idea and make Stich's Great Escape.

Well,
I can answer 1. It was because it scared so many young children. (I realize this is why some people thought it was so wonderful. It was very un-Disney)
2. Stitch's Great Escape was the last decent performing film that Disney did themselves (at least prior to Chicken Little, to the extent that was successful).
3. Unknown.
4. It was obviously designed to capitalize on Stitch's popularity while keeping most of the hardware from Alien. Thus saving money.

5. I'm with you.

Ivan72

Nut4Disney said:
Also, while there are some good restaurants at WDW, some aren't all that, but people still rave about them. For instance, the San Angel Inn to me isn't even as good as Don Pablos, but some people think it's great. Maybe they just don't get out much.

Last time we ate at Don Pablos I didn't see a quaint boat ride or pyramid. Or a perpetual dusk plaza. And the food has always been pretty good at San Angel Inn. However, I will admit we are sad to have found out that the Queso Fundido appetizer was off the menu. That kind of kills it for us as that was our absolute favorite item at the place. We would even order several and make meals out of it. I've had it other places, but never as good. Not even close. Sure would love them to put it back on the menu.

But I do like Don Pablos for at home meals.

Ivan72

yeti said:
I strongly don't get

Kinda wish he would escape. Totally escape the park, state, country, planet.:cool:

sleepybear

I don't get the people who demand rides, rides, rides and excitement all the time. You know the people I'm talking about -- the ones who refuse to go to a World Showcase country unless there's a ride in it and speed-walk through Animal Kingdom only to leave disappointed at noon.

Parks like Epcot and Animal Kingdom were made to stroll through and relax and saver nooks, crannies and nice little details that are everywhere. It's your vacation, not a workout. Slow down, enjoy the scenery.

Brian_B

DisneyJoey said:
I don't get:
- the stupid backstory they try to put on Kilamanjaro Saffari's (Simba One)
- how Indiana Jones has gone without any major show changes in so long

KJS's story used to be more involved when they actually had a dead elephant AA on the ride, which was apparently removed because it was too realistic.

IJESS actually HAS had some major choreography reworkings; nothing too huge, but I wouldn't call indy falling from a 2 story building "minor", especially for the stunt double. I could be wrong about this, but I remember reading it somewhere on this site, so yeah.

CThaddeus

Ivan72 said:
Kinda wish he would escape. Totally escape the park, state, country, planet.:cool:

Why people hate Stitch's Great Escape so much when the attraction they really should be complaining about is Under New Management. A classic Disney attraction was ruined, yet everyone whines about Stitch. Frankly, I think Stitch's Great Escape runs rings around Alien Encounter, and I wasn't sad to see it go. I'm alone in this feeling, I know, just as I'm alone in not feeling Disney has overdone Stitch in the Parks. I love the Monorail spiel with his voicever. It's quite clever and reminds me of the little kids all around me in the park ("Are we there yet?").

dxwwf3

I don't think people are jumping for joy over Under New Management either, but I think it wasn't even close to the step back that SGE was, IMO. Remeber the original Tiki Room wasn't really as popular among WDW fans as it is with DL fans. I would love to see the original show a few times when I get to go to Disneyland for the first time, but I think if you took a poll of WDWMagic members, Under New Management would easily beat out SGE in terms of popularity. Yeah, I know this is just one message board and the Disney fan community is a small minority, but that's why you're seeing less complaints than you think is needed.

dxwwf3

This is a great idea and I hate that I missed this thread earlier:

Things I don't get:

The way people go crazy over character meals. I don't know why everyone is so eager to pay extra to have the characters around. Especially those without little children. I just don't get it.

Meet and Greets in general.

Cinderella's Royal Table and its crazy set up. However if people pay it, you can't blame Disney. It is just unfortunate I'll never get to eat there again unless they change the set up.

Major Love for Reflections of Earth. I think the original Illuminations is so much better in every way.

Why more people don't eat their main meals of the day at Lunch. You get similar portions for a fraction of the cost at your table service meals. Counter service is great for having your small dinner.

Why did it take so long for people to jump on the Fantasyland East bandwagon. It seems that people started complaining about the Tomorrowland theme when Monsters Inc was announced. Who in the world didn't see this coming when SGE was announced?

Why anyone would go to WDW and stay offsite. I just couldn't imagine.

The way people go ga-ga over Peter Pan's Flight. I think Snow White is better.

How some people can't spend a solid full day at the AK. There's so much more to this park than the great attractions it has.

Why Disney doesn't keep the AK open longer. This is the best of the 4 parks at night, and that is saying a lot. Please give us more opportunities to ride Kali and EE at night and admire the Tree of Life with the lights on.

How could anyone actually wait in a line for Maelstrom. I think its worth seeing if there is no line, but to wait 30 minutes? No thanks

Why people complain about standing at Circle Vision 360 shows. You'll stand in line for an hour for Space Mountain, but you can't handle actually being ENTERTAINED for 20 minutes? Give me a break.

Last and most important

Why some people think of the Magic Kingdom as a kiddie park. Probably my number 1 pet peeve.

Reno

This thread bothers me also. I save up money for 2 years to get a 6 day vacation to Disneyworld and savor every moment. I may love one attraction more than the other but downright diss Disneyworld? All you haters can send me your designated Disney money and I will go yearly and you won't have to hate or "not get" anything......:mad:

CThaddeus

Reno said:
This thread bothers me also. I save up money for 2 years to get a 6 day vacation to Disneyworld and savor every moment. I may love one attraction more than the other but downright diss Disneyworld? All you haters can send me your designated Disney money and I will go yearly and you won't have to hate or "not get" anything......:mad:

I think you're missing the point here. No one is saying they hate Disney World. You said it yourself, you may love one attraction more than another. You can't honestly tell me, though, that you like/love EVERYTHING? I like/love 99% of Disney World, but there are things that I wish were different...places I know Disney tried to do something on a budget and it failed, or took a great attraction and dumbed it down to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Everyone is different; things I don't care for do appeal to others. The poster dxwwf3 and I have recently been writing opposing viewpoints on Alien Encounter/Stitch's Great Escape. He prefers the former, I the latter. It's great to have forums like this to express yourself, and if it offends you to diss anything Disney, then you may be just a bit too accepting. While our gripes may go unheeded by Disney, I for one find it wonderful to know there are others like me who really love Disney, yet aren't afraid to point out when something just doesn't seem right, and if they're able to provide a viable solution, all the better. Besides, if this were a website where people did nothing but act all Pollyanna about EVERYTHING, I for one would be extremely bored. I love the news aspects, but the opinions are sometimes just as fascinating.
And as a reply to dxwwf3: I agree with you on most of your things you don't get. I would like to answer one of them though - why people don't stay on property. My reason behind this is pretty simple...money. A hotel to me is just a place to leave my stuff and plop my head down for 8 hours inbetween visits to the Parks. I cannot justify $75-$300 or more a night for something I spend as little time as possible at. Disney hotels are nice, no doubt about it, but when I can stay at a Sheraton for $28 a night (Priceline) and apply that money I've saved to souvenirs or better meals, then I don't feel bad about it at all. If and when money is no longer an object for me, you bet I'll stay at a Disney hotel. Until then, Priceline will continue to be my best booking agent.:animwink:

I don`t get--
The Turkey leg thing--what happens to the rest of the bird?
Socks with sandals-- alot of Brits do that as well as wearing black socks with white trainers!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wow, it's been a while.. I think i'll post again!

1. Why people love the Indy Speedway so much. I wish they'd replace it.

2. Why NOTHING (not even a churro cart) gets built on the walkway from Tomrrowland to Toontown. Is it a sacred indian burial ground or something?

3. What happened to World Showcase? Did Imagineering forget it exists? I really don't understand why nothing major has happened there in ages...

4. Why does building an attraction take so long? Some things I understand, others.. like 2-man crews working for 12 weeks rather than a 12-man crew fro 2 weeks, i don't understand at all.

Anthony95

walt disney world:

i don't get... after recently seeing the latest video clip for indiana jones stunt show, that it is exactly the way i remember it in 1991 - i thought for sure this show was a goner

i don't get... the relationship between disney and indiana jones

i don't get... after reviewing the menus for all the table service restaurants in world showcase and some of the other exotic restaurants that i didn't find too many that me or my family could try as a group; we just might be using our table service vouchers for counter service :(

at disneyland:

i don't get... pinnochio's village haus - why the burgers taste exactly the same every single time i go there

i don't get... long lines for peter pan flight and mr toad wild ride while pinocchio, carosel and snow white great adventure has zero wait time

i don't get... buying one turkey leg for each member of the family, including little kids. buy 3 and share it between 6 people. its not meant to be a meal!!!!!!!!!!

i don't get... why they removed country bears jamboree out of frontierland.

i don't get... why i have to walk to the far end of the park - frontierland - to get the best damn desserts in the whole park, OR, to the tail beggining of the park, Main street, to get the best damn ice cream/ice cream floats

Personal, yet, disney related:

i don't get... why i stood in line for its a small world for two hours during a christmas visit

i don't get... why i went to disneyland on christmas day

i don't get... why my no job having son pick what seems like the most expensive hotel for his first walt disney world trip in august 2006

i don't get... why my sisters and i were raised on disney and the first two hated it and the younger two (me and the yougest) love it too death

i don't get... why coca cola taste so damn good out of those disney cups!!!!!! but if i buy it out the bottle while on vacation, it doesn't taste the same :(

Ivan72

CThaddeus said:
A hotel to me is just a place to leave my stuff and plop my head down for 8 hours inbetween visits to the Parks. I cannot justify $75-$300 or more a night for something I spend as little time as possible at. Disney hotels are nice, no doubt about it, but when I can stay at a Sheraton for $28 a night (Priceline) and apply that money I've saved to souvenirs or better meals, then I don't feel bad about it at all. If and when money is no longer an object for me, you bet I'll stay at a Disney hotel. Until then, Priceline will continue to be my best booking agent.:animwink:

I totally understand the money issue as a motive. When I was young my parents took us to WDW almost annually, but could not afford to stay on site.(especially since that meant CR,POLY or Golf Resort back then)

However, since my familyand I have been able to stay on site, it seems so magical. You are never offstage. The magical WDW world exists 24/7 and reality patiently waits until we are done and have to return home.:cry:

I am grateful we can do it this way. But I do understand the cost issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom