Things that make you think of or wish you were at WDW

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
Do you guys have any little odd things that remind you of Disney World?

For me EVERY time i eat werther's originals, feel cold weather, see Christmas lights, see fireworks, or smell reclaimed water (it has that disney water ride smell) my first thought is Disney.

Am I the only crazy one?...of course not, this is wdwmagic.com! :ROFLOL:

happymom52003

A few weeks ago I was at Garden Ridge Pottery (which is a huge craft/household items store for those of you who do not have them in your part of the world) and they already had a few aisles of Christmas decorations (I know, crazy...it seems to get earlier every year).

Anyway, they had some huge, oversized ornaments....like the size of basketballs, and huge candy canes....and they were very whimsical.
As soon as I laid eyes on them, I stopped dead in my tracks and got THE MOST wonderful feeling of being at WDW during the holidays.

Incidentally, just a couple of days before I had just changed our upcoming October trip to the first week of December, and was not sure if it had been the right decison or not.

But that feeling that I got standing in the middle of the Christmas aisle at Garden Ridge left no doubts in my mind that I did the right thing!

Mouseketeer09

Idk, but for me, everything reminds me of WDW...haha. Food, fireworks, pictures, everything. It's something that sticks w/ you and you can never forget it! My dad is even starting to landscape the front of our house like Animal Kingdom Lodge! (He has a garden business.) When we cook, we always try to get our food to meet Disney standards, or we try to imitate some of their dishes! :slurp: :wave:

wdwmomof3

I think of Disney everyday. I am constantly reminded of my favorite place in the world, throughout the day. Just this afternoon my daughter found a hidden Mickey shape in our wood fence by the pool. What did I do, I took a picture of it and then I outlined it and put a date by it. I am so stupid I know, but I will always look at that fence now and think Disney. :p

DivineMadness7

I made the mistake of decorating my living room with 8x10 photos I took during my last trip. I have 4 in an arrangement together: Spaceship Earth, Cindy's castle, Space Mountain (with the train passing by, via the sidewalk from toontown, it's very cool) and Mickey in Fantasmic (holding a sword and water is shooting up behind him.)

I've gotten lots of compliments on them but sometimes I look at them (as I am while sitting here right now) and think "why did I do this to myself?"

Cmdr_Crimson

Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago reminds me of Epcot. It has Imagination, Life, Science, Space, Land I think you can see some pattern here..:lol:

TinkerCarol

Today I went to the Disney store to pick up something for my grand-daughter. We just got back last week from Disney. I walked in the store and I heard the guy with the DEEP voice talking about visiting Disney World, and on the large screen in front of the register where movies of some of the rides and shows at Disney World. I called my daughter about in tears. Oh please, someone, take me back with you!!!!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Well once I DO get to WDW the first cue that reminds me exactly where I am is the smell of the showers before we leave for the Magic Kingdom. Florida water smells different than South Dakota water!

guymills1980

I'm a teacher in the UK and some of my children are going to Disney World over the summer. It makes me think about it all the time!!! They mention it so much. I wish I was going this year and did'nt have to wait til next!!!

On the Fourth of July while watching the local fireworks show I got caught up in thinking of Illuminations and Wishes and was expecting to hear some themed music.

uklad79

kingslyZISSOU you do start some intresting threads.
I would say the smell of cinnamon reminds me of Disney, I am not sure why. Cinnamon flavors are not common in the UK so it's a rare I smell it here. The smell of popcorn reminds me of MK.
And of course trips to my local Disney store to see the piles of plush and happy kids running around.

For me EVERY time i eat werther's originals,

Now that one sound's intresting!

or smell reclaimed water (it has that disney water ride smell) my first thought is Disney.

That sound's awful surely the water in Disney rides is chlorinated

DizneyPryncess

Sarris Candy Factory! Anyone else from Pittsburgh been there? It's a chocolate factory, and I also go at Christmas. It's one of those magical places for me - reminds me of how I feel in Disney.

I also decorated my loft w/all Disney stuff so anytime I'm there I get the urge to go back too.

jtwyatt

any time I watch fireworks not at disney(which once you've seen disney's, the others are always a let down) and my resort mugs...

Craig & Lisa

In 2005 while in EPCOT, my wife ask my comical sons to stand by a giant nutcracker for a christmas pic, it was around Thanksgiving they were aged 11 and 9. I took the picture and never noticed what they did and what was in the background. My older son put his hand in the mouth and made ot look like like he was screamin in pain, while my younger one made it look like he was pulling down on the handle with his hand on his mouth like OOPS! Well then where I work, Staples, asked for some photos for samples of what the copy center can do. They let me take home a full poster size home which I can't miss eveytime I walk into the house. But the thing that my older son noticed in the background was that some clouds had set up right next to Spaceship Earth and turned it into a Hidden Mickey!

Every year right around the end of February , I start getting wishful

for our annual trip to Disney. March is so yucky and cold here :( that every snowflake reminds me of palm trees!!

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Any time I walk into somewhere air conditioned from the humid outside I think of WDW. I feel like I am walking into an attraction or restaurant or something.

JESPOOH

The little pixie dust mickey faces that is thrown in the morning to open the Magic Kingdom. I pick them up and put them in my purse and sometimes when I grab a coin on the bottom of my purse I also pick up a mickey face and it reminds me of DW.

DormaNesbit

I have a recipe for Disney style sticky buns and my family loves them, so everytime I'm in the grocery store and see the biscuits in the dairy aisle I think of Disney World.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom