Things I want to do but refuse to spend the money.

swissamy

For me, my list is more about what I dream of being able to do when I am in less of a situation where I must count every penny. Even though we go multiple times a year, I am constantly keeping track of everything we spend so we will have enough. We were given annual passes last year so that helped tremendously but they have now expired and we are budgeting to be able to get new ones at some point in the future. life has been challenging these past few years but staying at values (which, blessedly, my boys choose POP when given any option on property) and using the TIW card has helped...So I am not saying I am too frugal, or these things are not good enough to deserve the expense, I am saying I have had to choose to just be at Disney World and do a few things rather than the following that I would love to be able to offer my family:
1) I would love to be able to tell my sons they could go in the Emporium and buy one thing they would really love - price not being an object
2) I want to finally try a turkey leg
3) I want to do the MVMCP
4) I want to be able to tip a certain cashier at Pop Century a gift of a meal at a wonderful WDW restaurant as she is always so gracious and serving to others, I would like to see her be served
5) I would finally like to offer my sons the chance to stay on Concierge level again at Yacht and Beach or AKL without making my husband feel sad that he can no longer offer this to our family
6) I would like to spend a day remembering constantly that that time at WDW is a gift that can never be had again and appreciate all I am given...Life is good and I really am blessed!

Jessica Meier

The dining plan. I can't justify spending that much money. We would never eat enough to cover it. I would like to have it for free, though, so we could try some new places. But they never offer it for Fort Wilderness and that's usually where we stay. :(
I promise you it is worth it. If you spend $60 a day (so easy to do) per person you have spent what you would spend on the dining plan. And it makes for such a more relaxing vacation. The only money we have to worry about is gas for the drive down and drive back. EASY PEASY!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I don't have much for this list because I always seem to say "man that's a lot of money" but at the end of the day I end finding a way to make it work, because although I to tend to be a frugal dude...I have a "blow it out - you only life once" guy living inside of me.
So things out of my everyday price range like Parasailing, staying at the Poly (or any other deluxe), the Halloween party etc, are things I would normally say.."I would love to do that, but man that's a lot of coin to drop" to, I start thinking about it and then suddenly I've found a way to save up and do it.

So I would like to say "I would love to do the Wishes Dessert Party this coming trip but it's just too much money" but we all know how that will probably turn out.....

Now the MK view at the Contemporary I have a down payment on....hmmmm I better start cracking if I want to make that a reality.

DfromATX

I promise you it is worth it. If you spend $60 a day (so easy to do) per person you have spent what you would spend on the dining plan. And it makes for such a more relaxing vacation. The only money we have to worry about is gas for the drive down and drive back. EASY PEASY!

Agreed! There's a lot of nice and fun places to eat that make it worth it (Wolfgang Puck's, O'hana, Corral Reef, just to name a couple off the top of my head). We usually eat nice dinners and use our counter service meals at the parks. Of course if you just eat in the parks for every meal, then it wouldn't be worth the money. But then again, eating out on vacation is part of the fun for us.

Pooh'sBuddy

Are you in the Austin area? Check the schedule for the Cedar Park center. It may not have been La Nouba, but one of the Cirque du Solei (sp?) shows. They were here not too long ago. I'm sure they'll be back at least once a year.

We're in Oak Hill. I hadn't thought of CP - finding website now. Thanks! I haven't heard much other than sports and the circus being there.

DfromATX

We're in Oak Hill. I hadn't thought of CP - finding website now. Thanks! I haven't heard much other than sports and the circus being there.

Ooooh wayyy south... lol Oh, well nice to "meet" you! I'm actually in Pville, but I work in Austin. I just checked the schedule and the only thing Disney-related coming up (in May) is Disney on Ice. And you're right, lots of sports in between.

Weather_Lady

have to really disagree with not spending on hoppers... AK in the morning, park closes early... finish the night off in EPCOT. I can't see leaving a park and just going back to the resort room.

We do AK in the middle of the week -- at a point when everybody needs some R&R from the hardcore touring. We finish off the day with a relaxing swim and table service dinner at the resort, and/or a trip to Downtown Disney. The next day, we're refreshed and ready to pound the pavement again. :D

MKCP 1985

Refuse to do or can't afford within my budget? There is a difference. Disney is expensive - no shame in admitting there is a limit beyond which things just have to be left to someone else for the time being.

For me, those things include staying concierge level at Animal Kingdom lodge and then taking the sunset savannah tour and the Richard Petty driving experience.

Believe me, if money were no object I would do them both on my next trip down!

ddbowdoin

We do AK in the middle of the week -- at a point when everybody needs some R&R from the hardcore touring. We finish off the day with a relaxing swim and table service dinner at the resort, and/or a trip to Downtown Disney. The next day, we're refreshed and ready to pound the pavement again. :D

I just can't possibly see myself sticking to one park .... especially since we stay at the BC these days.

dopeylover

For me, Park Hoppers are a total waste of money. I kind of understand why people use them, esp. if you're on a shorter trip, but if you have the time, IMO it just adds stress to remember what time we have to jump from one park to another to meet a reservation, and making sure we carve out enough time for transport there. I like to stay in one place, soak it up, and eat there too. I don't think I'd ever spend the money on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom