Things I want to do but refuse to spend the money.

thomas998

For me, Park Hoppers are a total waste of money. I kind of understand why people use them, esp. if you're on a shorter trip, but if you have the time, IMO it just adds stress to remember what time we have to jump from one park to another to meet a reservation, and making sure we carve out enough time for transport there. I like to stay in one place, soak it up, and eat there too. I don't think I'd ever spend the money on it.

I would agree if AK and Studios had more to offer, but as it is any trip where anyone in the group wants one of those parks we can never find enough in them to waste the whole day.

DfromATX

-Disney quest
-splitsville
- that darn hot air ballon
-Disney shopping spree

We did the balloon last time. I'm glad we were able to do it, but it's definitely a one-time thing. It is neat to see the whole area from so high, but don't worry, you're not missing out on too much. :) We've never done Disney Quest either and I'd like to sometime. Not sure if it's worth the cost though.

DfromATX

I would agree if AK and Studios had more to offer, but as it is any trip where anyone in the group wants one of those parks we can never find enough in them to waste the whole day.

This might be another topic, but that's how I feel about HS - not enough to fill a whole day.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
ok.. before I start writing remember you ASKED MY OPIONION... So fellow members please be nice...... :)
I would NEVER spend money on/ OR never again:
Halloween Party
Christmas Party
Pirates Cruise
Fireworks Dessert party
DDP (sorry I would rather be on my own) :)
Stroller Rental
I better stop now.... I am going to get myself in trouble... :)
I forgot about the halloween party, but I would not do it if it were free. Not a halloween fan at all and usually avoid MK during the fall just to avoid the decorations. That's just me. I had a post on here about not liking halloween one time and you would think I said I did not like puppies or kittens or something. It got so bad The Mom closed the thread.

Figgy1

I forgot about the halloween party, but I would not do it if it were free. Not a halloween fan at all and usually avoid MK during the fall just to avoid the decorations. That's just me. I had a post on here about not liking halloween one time and you would think I said I did not like puppies or kittens or something. It got so bad The Mom closed the thread.
I'm sorry to each their own!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Good for you!! My dh and I only carry them in case one of the kids gets lost or something!!
I like being cut off from the outside world. It never fails someone calls and leaves a message at the room, but that is what voicemail is for.
I don't want to sound rude, but one time while we were there, a friend from church died. I got chewed out because we could not be reached. I called as soon as we got the message, but that was not good enough for some people, but you know what? She was still dead when I got the message.

Figgy1

I like being cut off from the outside world. It never fails someone calls and leaves a message at the room, but that is what voicemail is for.
I don't want to sound rude, but one time while we were there, a friend from church died. I got chewed out because we could not be reached. I called as soon as we got the message, but that was not good enough for some people, but you know what? She was still dead when I got the message.
I do check my home phone system once a day just in case but everybody knows when I'm at Disney DO NOT DISTURB!!! I'm not bringing a laptop or any thing to go on line with either! So you guys won't hear from me while I'm gone! It will be quiet! LOL

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I do check my home phone system once a day just in case but everybody knows when I'm at Disney DO NOT DISTURB!!! I'm not bringing a laptop or any thing to go on line with either! So you guys won't hear from me while I'm gone! It will be quiet! LOL
The latest trend I have noticed is people with iPads, lugging them around the park. I like my iPad but it will never be willingly brought to a park by me. One of the funniest things is people taking pictures with the thing, when a $100 point and shoot camera the size of a credit card will take photos that are 100 times better. Ok, now I'm just ranting.

disneysince71

The latest trend I have noticed is people with iPads, lugging them around the park. I like my iPad but it will never be willingly brought to a park by me. One of the funniest things is people taking pictures with the thing, when a $100 point and shoot camera the size of a credit card will take photos that are 100 times better. Ok, now I'm just ranting.
On New years I almost lost my temper! Let me tell you about those Huge I pads while I am trying to watch wishes! They are huge and very distracting... I almost got loud... Which is not very often for me!!! :)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
On New years I almost lost my temper! Let me tell you about those Huge I pads while I am trying to watch wishes! They are huge and very distracting... I almost got loud... Which is not very often for me!!! :)
Yes, not only are they silly, but shine right in the faces of those behind you. Of course, most people don't care.
Now if the person holding the bright, shiny, distracting iPad was smoking at the same time, I know I would lose it. Fortunately, there are designated smoking areas.
If only there were dedicated idiot areas....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom