Things I want to do but refuse to spend the money.

HouCuseChickie

Photopass Plus- Mind you, I really don't care to spend the $ on regular Photopass pics either. I take so many pics on my own that the only time I buy in is if they captured things that I didn't get, but wanted. I really see no need for all of the dining and ride pictures.

MVMCP- OK, in this case we did it once. It wasn't bad, but we didn't feel it was worth the price tag...so, we refuse to spend any more $ on this down the road.

I'm sure there's more, but these are the key ones coming to mind.

bsiev1977

I personally like Cirque. Next to the "Beatle's Love" show at the Mirage in Vegas, its my favorite. I refuse to spend money on a turkey leg. I don't want to , nor will I spend the money for it.
I've seen every Vegas Cirque show, except Zumanity, and that one that just opened in place of the Elvis one. Love is amazing. I'll be seeing La Nouba as part of my trip in December.

draybook

Staying at anything higher than a value resort. I'm just not in the room enough to justify the extra cost, but would like to...just once.

Fishing excursion.

Richard Petty driving experience.

For our family of four going during FD last September, the difference was about $150 for 7 nights. The difference between Pop and POFQ was HUGE! It was well worth it and we're going back this October.

BigRedDad

I would never pay for something I should already be getting what I paid for. Personally, I think the parties are a complete waste. The reason is that there is no REAL enforcement of those that pay and those that don't. If they fixed this, then maybe.

Fishing excursions, fireworks cruises, Deluxe/Moderate resorts unless there was a HUGE discount, over-priced dining, DDP, dessert parties, most over priced cocktails (I can bring a $20 bottle of liquor and set for a week).

hiptwinmama

Okay I feel like a dork, because some my fave things to spend $$ on are some of the ones you guys won't.
  1. Valet at Contemporary for easy access to MK..I thought it was ridiculous, until we did it however we usually have a dining resi there too. (seriously for $15 is is awesome... do it once with small children and you'll be hooked too)
  2. Photo Pass, we pre-pay so it's only $99, this year it's $149 (again if your pre pay 14 days prior to your trip ) for photo pass plus which includes all the pics from character meals at $30 a pop, all of your "ride" pictures, and the full rights to all photo pass pictures. Print all you want at home, you have full reproduction rights. and shoo-hoo, I actually get to be in some of the photos.
  3. Wishes dessert party, my hubby hates crowds and has a bad back. It is one of our faves.
However, I will never spend the money for:
  1. Private Fireworks Cruise
  2. bibbidi bobbidi boutique (seriously those kids do not look like princesses when the leave) I know a dozen moms who's daughters want their hair fixed 5 minutes after walking out the door.
  3. A $700 annual pass (seriously) That would be like $2800 for my whole family
  4. Richard Petty Driving Exp
  5. Hollywood and Vine
  6. Personalized Tour
  7. Those damn plastic princesses that come with all the rubber clothes that no child could possible every get on the toy without your help. 2 years ago, my husband must have bought them every set in the park. They still haunt me.

Weather_Lady

- Staying in a deluxe or moderate resort at rack rate (I will do discounted mods and/or a DVC villa on rented points, though!)
- Dining plan (unless it's "free")
- Renting a car
- Parties, excursions, "special experiences" (e.g., B.B. Boutique), and tours that aren't free
- Souvenirs over $20 per person, per vacation
- Once Fastpass+ goes into effect: Park Hopper tickets
- Any of the Downtown Disney entertainments (Cirque, bowling, movies)
- Golfing, fishing, etc.
- The Water Parks
- PhotoPass

Figgy1

Let's see photo pass my pics come out better!, Fishing we have good fishing where I live and the boys can eat the fish & or have them mounted, park hoppers we get more done without hopping and most important of all those mutant turkey legs my boys have their own money!!!

ddbowdoin

Let's see photo pass my pics come out better!, Fishing we have good fishing where I live and the boys can eat the fish & or have them mounted, park hoppers we get more done without hopping and most important of all those mutant turkey legs my boys have their own money!!!

have to really disagree with not spending on hoppers... AK in the morning, park closes early... finish the night off in EPCOT. I can't see leaving a park and just going back to the resort room.

Jillie Fish

I would love one of those flower arrangement / setups done by they Disney Florist for your hotel room. Even the Christmas Tree! But it's crazy expensive. I just can't justify it....yet.

I did ask DB for it when he becomes a nurse anesthetist though. :D

NewtoDisney2009

The dining plan. I can't justify spending that much money. We would never eat enough to cover it. I would like to have it for free, though, so we could try some new places. But they never offer it for Fort Wilderness and that's usually where we stay. :(

juniorthomas

ok.. before I start writing remember you ASKED MY OPIONION... So fellow members please be nice...... :)
I would NEVER spend money on/ OR never again:
Halloween Party
Christmas Party
Pirates Cruise
Fireworks Dessert party
DDP (sorry I would rather be on my own) :)
Stroller Rental
I better stop now.... I am going to get myself in trouble... :)

Not a fan of parties, huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom